Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

The grading in the summer is the hardest but almost everything is computer driven. Even though I am teaching in a health care program we do all our testing and non-skill related material by computer. That was a HUGE time investment when we converted over to it but it has paid off over the years. My summer class is very heavy in skills - they have to learn the basics before they can keep going on. So they do all the skills assignments by video and I grade them. Now aren't all of you SO Glad I told you all of that. I'm sorry.

Here's a link my daughter has been using that I am going to try this week. I have trouble with the Couch to 5K program because I have to keep looking at my watch. This is a podcast with beats per minute for 3 different training - 1 for an out-of-shape to 5k(they don't call it that but you know that's what it is), one for an 8K and one for more.

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music from dj steve boyett

Amieru, Mal and others that are doing some great exercise programs/classes are motivating me to try some things I've never done before.

Hope to see you soon Mini!

The grading in the summer is the hardest but almost everything is computer driven. Even though I am teaching in a health care program we do all our testing and non-skill related material by computer. That was a HUGE time investment when we converted over to it but it has paid off over the years. My summer class is very heavy in skills - they have to learn the basics before they can keep going on. So they do all the skills assignments by video and I grade them. Now aren't all of you SO Glad I told you all of that. I'm sorry.

Here's a link my daughter has been using that I am going to try this week. I have trouble with the Couch to 5K program because I have to keep looking at my watch. This is a podcast with beats per minute for 3 different training - 1 for an out-of-shape to 5k(they don't call it that but you know that's what it is), one for an 8K and one for more.

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music from dj steve boyett

Amieru, Mal and others that are doing some great exercise programs/classes are motivating me to try some things I've never done before.

Hope to see you soon Mini!

Very cool! They have dance music too. I sort of like to dance around my house for exercise . . . dorky, I know, but I enjoy it.

Hola Banditos!

Well, I'm finally back home in California, and I'm glad to be with my DH. Surgery on the 16th went well, but I get tired easily, especially in the late afternoon. I was glad I had time to recover with my relatives in CO before coming home because I think that made a huge difference.

Thank you to everyone who sent me good wishes and congrats! (Mini, Lap, Munchkin, PrtyAntOvrYt, and Green... gosh, I hope I didn't miss anyone!) I wanted to read more on this site the last few days, but I had spotty Internet access while at my cousin's house.

Bella, contrats on getting banded! Adorkable, what a wonderful huge difference I see in you! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about the gall bladder, but hopefully you will be and feel better when they take care of it.

I was glad I got to kind of touch base with Lotza at Dr. K's office for our preop appts and in the recovery room. I know I don't really know her, but it somehow made me feel a little bit better "knowing" someone who was going through the exact same experience as me right *there*. I hope you are healing well, Lotza!

I'm having a hard time getting in all my liquids because I feel a teeny bit of pressure/fullness. Or maybe it's the normal amount and I'm just being overly scared. But I guess better safe than sorry. Now that I'm home I bought Protein bullets and Isopure Protein Drinks to help me get in more protein for the time being.

TMI alert!!

I also have a LOT of gas going through my intestines, etc. Egads, what's up with that? Is it because I ate almost nothing for a day (and ate low carb before that) and now I'm having sugar Water (in the form of juice and popsicles)? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Actually, what I would really love is for some omnipotent being to explain to me what each of the different feelings are in my body and whether or not they're normal, abnormal, etc. "This is due to the blah blah blah..." I know I'll eventually be able to interpret my own body eventually, but I wanted to be 100% sure NOW, ya know? Ah well, I guess a little patience never hurt anyone. ;)

And now... to bed. My OWN bed (well, with DH in it, too!). Glory be.

Hola Banditos!

Well, I'm finally back home in California, and I'm glad to be with my DH. Surgery on the 16th went well, but I get tired easily, especially in the late afternoon. I was glad I had time to recover with my relatives in CO before coming home because I think that made a huge difference.

Thank you to everyone who sent me good wishes and congrats! (Mini, Lap, Munchkin, PrtyAntOvrYt, and Green... gosh, I hope I didn't miss anyone!) I wanted to read more on this site the last few days, but I had spotty Internet access while at my cousin's house.

Bella, contrats on getting banded! Adorkable, what a wonderful huge difference I see in you! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about the gall bladder, but hopefully you will be and feel better when they take care of it.

I was glad I got to kind of touch base with Lotza at Dr. K's office for our preop appts and in the recovery room. I know I don't really know her, but it somehow made me feel a little bit better "knowing" someone who was going through the exact same experience as me right *there*. I hope you are healing well, Lotza!

I'm having a hard time getting in all my liquids because I feel a teeny bit of pressure/fullness. Or maybe it's the normal amount and I'm just being overly scared. But I guess better safe than sorry. Now that I'm home I bought Protein bullets and Isopure Protein Drinks to help me get in more protein for the time being.

TMI alert!!

I also have a LOT of gas going through my intestines, etc. Egads, what's up with that? Is it because I ate almost nothing for a day (and ate low carb before that) and now I'm having sugar Water (in the form of juice and popsicles)? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Actually, what I would really love is for some omnipotent being to explain to me what each of the different feelings are in my body and whether or not they're normal, abnormal, etc. "This is due to the blah blah blah..." I know I'll eventually be able to interpret my own body eventually, but I wanted to be 100% sure NOW, ya know? Ah well, I guess a little patience never hurt anyone. ;)

And now... to bed. My OWN bed (well, with DH in it, too!). Glory be.

Glad you made it home safely, gbear. Don't know how competent I am, but the gas thing is pretty darned common. I still have gas. Burping, tooting, gee it's ladylike!!

ACKKK!

Just got a call from my PCP with the results of my HIDA scan. My gallbladder is not functioning. :drool: It has to come out.

I am relieved to have finally have an answer for the source of my pain. Bummed that I have to have another operation. :lol:

Adork-I am glad they figured out what is wrong...and even though it is another operation, it is an easy fix and you will feel much better! ;)

'Dorkable!!!! OMG!!! You look absolutely amazing. What a difference. What great photos!!! And, yes, the jawline is amazing. I had to have a photo taken yesterday for something on campus and I looked at it and all I could see were chins, chins, chins.

Bella - welcome to the other side! How nice that you were able to have dee take care of you. Isn't she the absolute best?

dee - your lunch sounds great. How fun for all of you. And how fun to hit Target twice in one day. I always need to take "inventory" when I go in there . . . you know, look at every single thing on every aisle. Drives DH nuts.

Miss Munchkin - we met another potential furry friend today! A cute cute cute little girl who had been brought in to a shelter after being abused and is now at a rescue facility. She looks like she has some schnauzer in her and has an adorable scruffy face with long, funny eyebrows. She is sweet as could be and very gentle. We are taking Keeley to meet her on Tuesday and we'll see how they get along. She just stole my heart. She just has that demeanor that says "if you'll just love me I'll do anything for you".

Lotza posted on another thread that she had a rough flight home and is not feeling so well. Something about that flight from Denver to Salt Lake is not good. I think it's coming over the cold mountains then dropping into the heat of the valley that makes it so darned bumpy.

Mini-sounds like this one may be the doggie for you! She sounds adorable! I soooo hope her and Keeley get along!! I am telling you, both my abused dogs are so grateful they have good homes now, I think they would do anything for me. You won't regret adopting her if she is the dog for you. (Although you may want to hunt down her previous owners and kick them around a little to show them how it feels! I know I have been tempted every time Brutus hunkers down because he thinks someone is going to hit him, or even if he just hears a loud noise! HOW can people treat animals like that?????)

Howdy Everyone!

Congrats to the newly banded! And, welcome to the loser's bench! I promise I will keep my hands to myself and play nice (regardless of what you've heard ;)) I am now in 4-point restraints with Munchkin doing the JACHO-mandated nurse checks, so the the bench is safe!:lol:

LA- WOW! You are doing and looking WONDERFUL!!! I'm so glad you insisted on the scan and are getting that pesky gall bladder out!

Mini -- You're doing great, too! Keep up posted on the potential new puppy -- she sounds so sweet.

All animals lovers out there-- Check out the www.freekibble.com daily trivia so kibble will be donated to feed hungry dogs/cats at shelters. A little girl in Oregon started it.

Dee -- I'm hanging in there with the no red/exercise/oats challenge, though the exercise hasn't been every day. How are you??

I've been on the new depression med Pristiq for 5 days and my family is already noticing a difference. They say I'm much calmer and not as emotional, so I'll probably stick with this. I'm noticing that I'm not feeling as overwhelmed and not nearly as easily pissed off as I have in the past month or so.

Mal -- you are rockin' that C25K!!! Inspirational, you are!

For the weigh-in today: A big fat zero. I have been hitting the slider foods this week :drool: and I know better. I'm going back to basics until I have my fill on 8/1. Time to step it up and get real with myself about what I'm doing.

How is everyone doing today???

Shelbi-I am really good at the whole JCHOA restraint checking thing since I am an ICU nurse! (You know us ICU nurses think a good patient is a restrained patient, preferably on the ventilator so they can't talk back to us! Ha ha! A little warped ICU nurse humor for you there...bear with me, I just got off work and I am a little punchy!)

On a more serious note, I am glad that new med seems to be working for you without any really horrible side effects. Antidepressant side effects can really pack a wollop at times.

Have a good Sunday!

Amieru-Sorry about your belly dancing class, I hope you got your money back at least! I am soo jealous you had LASIK. I was thinking about getting it next year, but I have a really freakish phobia of anyone touching/messing with my eyes, so I don't know if I would be able to do it. It would be sooooooo nice to not wear glasses or contacts anymore!

Dee-that's a bummer about TOM and your edema...because you know that's exactly where all that came from, it's edema. But the good news about that is that you will pee it out! :thumbup: Then you will be good as new! (Want me to slip you some IV Lasix?) (Grin!!)

As for me, I have decided I am a bit "special" this month, because apparently I cannot weigh myself/count/or both. I realized when I weighed myself yesterday that I am down a total of 6 pounds since I got my fill a few weeks ago. I don't know where I messed up that extra few pounds, but it was probably when my metoprolol made me gain that weight and then when I lost it again. So, that is where I stand. Minus six pounds. (I think, as long as I counted right, LOL!)

Well ladies, I am totally stoked because my baby sister is flying home from NC tonight because she has her interview with the police department. Keep her in your thoughts and cross your fingers for her!! Our patients in the ICU heard us talking about her interview, and they are all excited for her! Isn't that hilarious? I got to tell her "All the patients in the ICU are rooting for you!" That's something no other applicant will be able to claim!

Hey Munchkin! Yes, if we adopt this little girl I will most certainly be on the lookout for the previous owners. We think Keeley Anna was abused as well. She was very fearful when we adopted her and still can't handle hearing anyone shouting or anything. It took us awhile to gain her trust.

I think someone who can abuse animals has something seriously wrong with them in a very bad way. Our state legislature recently passed a law making animal abuse a felony. I was very happy to hear it.

Good luck to sister!!! Tell her that she has both the ICU patients and the losers bench cheering for her!! And yay on being down 5 lbs since your fill. You're doing so well.

Hi everyone,

I made it home without throwing up. The flight was soooo much better, but, I still am not going to fly again. I was still nauseas (?) but as long as I kept my cough drops in my mouth (thanks lap) and kept still, I was ok. A HUGE thanks to lifesaver for your help. Wish I could give you a hug.

Dee, you were so good to me while I was there. I don't think I could have done it without you. I hope I wasn't too much of a pest. I think Kacie felt better knowing you were here for us.

Well on the last day in Colorado, I had to go to the ER. I was having alot of pain in my chest area when I tried to take a deep breath. Dee said to call Dr. K and Dr. K told me to go to the er. I knew it was probably gas pains but Dr. K said it wasn't normal to have such a hard time breathing. So to be on the safe side, I went. They did an EKG and CT scan of my lungs, blood work and gave me a GI cocktail. I guess they were worried about a blood clot in my lungs. Everything came back normal and they sent me home. (without insurance, I don't know what this will cost me:(

GBear: I know exactly how you are feeling about the different "feelings" in the body right now. I haven't been drinking like I should because I also feel the pressure, but what is weird is that I feel that sometimes by just breathing. I also have loose bowels...is that normal? I don't want to get dehydrated. I also still feel it in my chest when I try to take a deep breath. Dr. K said maybe it was from the hernia repair. Did anyone else experience this?

How long did most of you stay on the Clear liquids. I don't want to push it but I would love to go on full liquids. All of us newbies need help from the experts now!!!!

Bella, I'm very happy to see that you made it home and didn't vomit on the way home. I'm so sorry about your ER adventure. Yes, dee is the best.

I had a hernia repair as well and I did have a bit of a sharp pain in my chest when I took a deep breath. It only lasted a few days, though. Other than that, the gas was the worst part. Sometimes my ribs were really sore from gas.

GBear- Glad you are home. I am having the same gas pains, and wondering what is normal.

I couldn't drink a Protein shake yesterday without feeling pressure, so I stuck it out on Clear Liquids another day just to be safe. Today though, I drank the whole shake in the course of the morning. I'm going to try pudding too. My DH laughs at my expulsions of gas. I have to get it out though, or it hurts!! Laughing hurts too right now and my little BiL's think it's hilarious to make me laugh. OW!! I hope everyone is doing well!! I am down another 2.5lbs. YAY!!

Bella... yes, my stools are loose, too! Ugh. Between that and not drinking as much liquid as I'd like, I'm worried about dehydration, too. But I'm not getting a headache yet and I'm doing my best to get in liquids, so I think I'm okay so far. It just seems weird to have the loose stools since everyone talks about how people get constipated from vicodine. Not for me! Not this time, anyway. (I did, however, stop taking the vicodine Friday night for a Wednesday morning surgery. I'm only taking liquid Tylenol since although, none today so far.) I am so glad to hear that the ER doc said you are totally fine, though. That's at least good to know, ya know?

Mini, how did you know you had a hernia repair? Did the doc tell you so after the surgery? I heard nothing about it, so I'm assuming I didn't, but it would be handy to know for sure.

Lotza, if you and your husband can't talk and laugh about flatulence farts, then with whom can you?? :ohmy: I think that's a very sound foundation for a marriage. :blushing: Well, at least that's what my DH and I think, hahaha.

So, my big decision next is whether to go back to CO for my first fill appt or to stay here. Eventually, I'll have to go to a doc here, so should I go to him/her from the very beginning, or see Dr. K first? If I get a cheap flight again, it's actually cheaper to go to Dr. K! But eventually I'll have to start a relationship with someone here. Hmmm, at least I have some time to think this over.