Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yeah, still taking the stuff Dr.K gave me. Guess I'll go ahead and take it until it's gone, just to be safe.

That's what I did. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Well, ladies (and I know there's a couple of gents who loom)...today was slaughter day for my chickens....I ended up with only five, but that's still about 20 lbs. of meat so it was all good. It was my workout for the day. And for all the PETA people...I'm also an animal rights activist of sorts (but I like to eat meat) so all the raising and slaughtering was done nice and quick...no one suffered (except me when a chicken realized something was up and I got a good peck on my hand).

I've been suckin' with eating right and taking care of myself. I don't know why, I'm just so blah about the whole thing lately. I'm "bobbing" up and down again at the same couple of lbs....although, it IS lower than last winter when I was bobbing. I just can't seem to get out of this stupor that I'm in.

For you newly banded folks, good luck! I'm glad that all has gone well and things are looking good for you! This is an exciting time!

For those of you who were interested in the Gastric Sleeve - a couple of my friends here (sisters) had it done in March...the surgery went well, recovery went well, etc. They've both lost over 50 lbs. each, but I think we ALL would've lost that much had Dr. K INSISTED on a liquid diet for a month after! They were very good on their liquids and are eating regular food now. I haven't asked about getting stuck, etc....we've all been busy, but it seems to be a good option too. I'm glad I have the band though...I just did not want to "re-do the plumbing", just wanted to help it out a little.

Thanks for all your support!

I DO read the posts everyday, it just took over 10 min. to download this page to post my pictures so you see why you don't hear from me often!

post-219385-13813137355526_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137355807_thumb.jpg

Dee ~ I can't believe that ticket agent! :smile: I hope karma bites her in the butt. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert and were able to climb those steps without a problem. I only know a couple of Rascal Flatts songs but I like them. :biggrin:

Lotza ~ I hope that the infection clears up soon. Definitely finish up your antibiotics from Dr. K. And shame on that rude doctor. :w00t: None of her damn business! When I told my GYN that I got banded and that it was in Colorado, she said something similar, but not quite as rude. More like, "Why would you do that?" I said, well, since my DH's employer excludes WLS, I had to pay for it myself and this doctor was the best combination of experience and affordability I could find. That shut her up.

Bella ~ I am so sorry that you had to make that trip to ER -- I hope it isn't too expensive and that you're feeling all better now. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Marcy ~ Nice to hear from you. I was a vegetarian for many years. I eat meat again now and I struggle with it, because I love animals and hate that so many suffer in being raised and slaughtered for food. I am glad that your chickens were killed humanely. :scared2:

See people, I am trying to post more and keep up! I hate feeling like I'm missing out.

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Well, ladies (and I know there's a couple of gents who loom)...today was slaughter day for my chickens....I ended up with only five, but that's still about 20 lbs. of meat so it was all good. It was my workout for the day. And for all the PETA people...I'm also an animal rights activist of sorts (but I like to eat meat) so all the raising and slaughtering was done nice and quick...no one suffered (except me when a chicken realized something was up and I got a good peck on my hand).

I've been suckin' with eating right and taking care of myself. I don't know why, I'm just so blah about the whole thing lately. I'm "bobbing" up and down again at the same couple of lbs....although, it IS lower than last winter when I was bobbing. I just can't seem to get out of this stupor that I'm in.

For you newly banded folks, good luck! I'm glad that all has gone well and things are looking good for you! This is an exciting time!

For those of you who were interested in the Gastric Sleeve - a couple of my friends here (sisters) had it done in March...the surgery went well, recovery went well, etc. They've both lost over 50 lbs. each, but I think we ALL would've lost that much had Dr. K INSISTED on a liquid diet for a month after! They were very good on their liquids and are eating regular food now. I haven't asked about getting stuck, etc....we've all been busy, but it seems to be a good option too. I'm glad I have the band though...I just did not want to "re-do the plumbing", just wanted to help it out a little.

I DO read the posts everyday, it just took over 10 min. to download this page to post my pictures so you see why you don't hear from me often!

Marcy!

You're so funny!

When I saw your title of the post, I thought of a horror movie!

Slaughterhouse 5!

With all of our weight bobbing, we could make bobble heads of us!

Dee ~ I can't believe that ticket agent! :smile: I hope karma bites her in the butt. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert and were able to climb those steps without a problem. I only know a couple of Rascal Flatts songs but I like them. :biggrin:

Lotza ~ I hope that the infection clears up soon. Definitely finish up your antibiotics from Dr. K. And shame on that rude doctor. :w00t: None of her damn business! When I told my GYN that I got banded and that it was in Colorado, she said something similar, but not quite as rude. More like, "Why would you do that?" I said, well, since my DH's employer excludes WLS, I had to pay for it myself and this doctor was the best combination of experience and affordability I could find. That shut her up.

Bella ~ I am so sorry that you had to make that trip to ER -- I hope it isn't too expensive and that you're feeling all better now. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Marcy ~ Nice to hear from you. I was a vegetarian for many years. I eat meat again now and I struggle with it, because I love animals and hate that so many suffer in being raised and slaughtered for food. I am glad that your chickens were killed humanely. :scared2:

See people, I am trying to post more and keep up! I hate feeling like I'm missing out.

Hi Greenie!

Thanks for posting!

Yes that ticket agent has her's coming some day! Karma is a witch with a capital B!

I was a vegetarian for over 10 years. I recently adopted that lifestyle again! Actually very recently! The Oats/No Red/Movin' challenge with Shelbi pushed me down that path! Now it seems like I have to be so cognizant of getting my Protein in - previously I didn't seem to notice. Legumes are going to be my friend. Not to mention Tofu! I love the Morningstar Farms foods, so that won't be a problem. My freezer is always full of them. I also make a mean homemade veggie burger! Most of my family are vegetarians.

Hi, all....my computer wouldn't let me on this site for about 5 or 6 days. It was so persistent that I panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to communicate with y'all again!!:w00t: But all is well now. Why? No clue!:tt2:

Congrats to the newly-banded. Have to admit your rough flights and hard times here at the beginning have me feeling anxious...even tho' I still have a month to go.

Dee, what a woman you are!:lol: How fortunate for all of us flying in from out of state/town to have someone like you (and others) on that end cheering us on! I certainly hope we are able to meet when I get there.

Adorkable: yeah, you are--without the "k"! You look gorgeous. Good job:lol:

Mini: I hope that the new pooch works for you. Saving abused dogs is such a selfless act. Don't even get me started on what I would do to those who abuse animals...or children...or old people...all the groups that can't defend themselves:cursing:;):cursing::eek::angry_smile:

not much happening here. only anticipating the two-week diet before my surgery. it will start as we are on vacation in ashland for the Shakespearian festival. Won't be too bad though: lots of steak, lobster, eggs, veggies...a few glasses of wine in there. And of course all this while enjoying wonderful theater, hot weather, and the swimming pool with my best friend of 43 years :tt2::tt1::thumbup:(yeah, I know, I am old....the oldest one on here, I think!):lol:

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm reading along, but just don't have too much to add these days. Nothing really good or bad going on. Don't know what's up with me really -- kind of like I'm losing motivation or something. This is the place where I've been before and end up gaining back the weight I've lost and then some, but not this time. Two months from today is my birthday and my surgiversary day (plus 2 days, but close enough). I had SO planned to be at goal at that time. Once in awhile I let the thought that I might not make that goal creep into my brain. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, one meal at time. Sorry I'm so hyper-focused on myself these days.

I love the Red Robin picture -- always enjoy seeing your beautiful thinning faces!

Marcy-- That's a lot of work for 20 pounds of meat -- makes me appreciate the local Wally World SuperCenter, even though I hate going there.

Anway, I'm still around! It is so hot here today -- 101 -- and it is NOT a dry heat, for sure!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Okay, folks! The picture is pretty bad (took it with my cell phone) but here is our new furry addition! She and Keeley did just fine (sniffed each other then ignored each other, but were lying on the grass together). She is the cutest little pumpkin. She looks like a Scottish Deerhound who was shrunk in the dryer.

post-44998-13813666900159_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137356021_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm reading along, but just don't have too much to add these days. Nothing really good or bad going on. Don't know what's up with me really -- kind of like I'm losing motivation or something. This is the place where I've been before and end up gaining back the weight I've lost and then some, but not this time. Two months from today is my birthday and my surgiversary day (plus 2 days, but close enough). I had SO planned to be at goal at that time. Once in awhile I let the thought that I might not make that goal creep into my brain. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, one meal at time. Sorry I'm so hyper-focused on myself these days.

I love the Red Robin picture -- always enjoy seeing your beautiful thinning faces!

Marcy-- That's a lot of work for 20 pounds of meat -- makes me appreciate the local Wally World SuperCenter, even though I hate going there.

Anway, I'm still around! It is so hot here today -- 101 -- and it is NOT a dry heat, for sure!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Shelbi!!! It's nice to hear from you! Now you just keep that goal in mind and do the best you can. You've already lost soooo much weight. How are the new meds?

I can't stand heat, and heat with humidity is the worst. You have my sympathies. I almost went to grad school at Chapel Hill, but I really didn't think I could deal with the humidity. Aren't I a big wimp?

Hi, all....my computer wouldn't let me on this site for about 5 or 6 days. It was so persistent that I panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to communicate with y'all again!!:) But all is well now. Why? No clue!:blink:

Congrats to the newly-banded. Have to admit your rough flights and hard times here at the beginning have me feeling anxious...even tho' I still have a month to go.

Dee, what a woman you are!:thumbup: How fortunate for all of us flying in from out of state/town to have someone like you (and others) on that end cheering us on! I certainly hope we are able to meet when I get there.

Adorkable: yeah, you are--without the "k"! You look gorgeous. Good job:lol:

Mini: I hope that the new pooch works for you. Saving abused dogs is such a selfless act. Don't even get me started on what I would do to those who abuse animals...or children...or old people...all the groups that can't defend themselves:cursing::ihih::cursing::seeya::angry_smile:

not much happening here. only anticipating the two-week diet before my surgery. it will start as we are on vacation in ashland for the Shakespearian festival. Won't be too bad though: lots of steak, lobster, eggs, veggies...a few glasses of wine in there. And of course all this while enjoying wonderful theater, hot weather, and the swimming pool with my best friend of 43 years :tt1::tt1::thumbup:(yeah, I know, I am old....the oldest one on here, I think!):crying:

Hey Deb. Don't let these things scare you. They're just bumps in the road. Ask the newbies in two weeks and I'm sure they'll tell you they're doing great and thrilled with their decision.

I LOVE Ashland. Love love love it. You'll have so much fun. How great that you have a best friend for that long. That's an amazing accomplishment and you should both be proud.

Marcy, you amaze me that you are able to do things like raise your own food. Sometimes I think that I would probably not survive if I didn't have all the conveniences in life. Wouldn't have made much of a pioneer.

Interesting about the sisters with the sleeve. I'd be curious to see how they do over the long haul.

Mini~Congrats on the furry friend for Keeley! So what did you name her? She is sooo cute, I wanna give her a big hug and kiss!

Mini~Congrats on the furry friend for Keeley! So what did you name her? She is sooo cute, I wanna give her a big hug and kiss!

We haven't picked out a name yet. We're bringing her home Monday morning. I think I'll need to be with her a bit more to know what her name will be. She's so cute and sweet. I'm so excited.