Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Awwww!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love her!!!! Such an expressive face, and it sounds like her and the Keeley meister will get along ok!! :thumbup:

thanks. She's a cutie patootie. I'm thinking of naming her Gracie May.

Marcy, you amaze me that you are able to do things like raise your own food. Sometimes I think that I would probably not survive if I didn't have all the conveniences in life. Wouldn't have made much of a pioneer.

Interesting about the sisters with the sleeve. I'd be curious to see how they do over the long haul.

Yup, we had a huge storm here Monday morning, and something like 76,000 homes are without electricity. I was one of the lucky ones, I was only without power for about 12 hours, but I was totally starting to sweat it!! How spoiled we are by modern conveniences!! (Granted, I was mostly worried about my dogs getting too hot, but still...I felt like a whiner!)

Aside from that, I was out driving around tonight, and it was spooky!!! All up and down the busiest shopping districts in town, nothing but complete darkness. Wierd!!!

I believe it's the vagus nerve that is causing your yawning. Yawning, sneezing, a runny nose and an involuntary sigh are some soft signs and they are related to the vagus nerve and the band. Your yawning should decrease after your swelling goes down. This is just my opinion from somethings I have read.

Nurse Munchkin concurs! I was just about to write a post to the same extent but you beat me too it Nurse Dee!!:biggrin2:

Yes, that's always spooky. And I get all flustered, like - I'll watch TV. Oh, I can't! I'll read - oh, no lights! Computer? NOPE!!!

We have no electricity at our property but have set up a small 12V system and we take my computer and watch movies. I can't seem to make it without some form of electronics. Geez.

Okay, I have a funny Lasix story. I was in the hospital 10 years ago with Legionnella. They had given me lots of IV fluids and I was swollen and huge, so then they gave me Lasix. About that time, the decision was made to take me to ICU. They pushed me into the elevator and then went to ICU, but my bed wasn't ready so they just kind of had to leave me out in the hall. I had to pee and told the nurses. They told me to hold on till my room was ready. I told them that I REALLY needed to pee. They brought me a bed pan and I started to pee. and pee. and pee. Overflowing the bed pan, soaking the sheets, pouring onto the floor. I started laughing. I couldn't help it. It was just so absurd. And then I said, well, I told you I had to pee.

Serves em right for not letting you pee!! I hope a few of them got it on their shoes!:thumbup: (And wow, you had Legionella?)

Hey, gbear, it sounds like you're doing great! And the juicer sounds like a wonderful toy.

I probably quit using my spirometer after 4 or 5 days too. I try to be pretty conscientious about it though, cuz I have some lung issues.

Serves em right for not letting you pee!! I hope a few of them got it on their shoes!:thumbup: (And wow, you had Legionella?)

Yes, I got it from a hot tub. I was really really sick. Like . . . have the family come and say goodbye type of sick. They didn't know what it was for 3 or 4 days and by the time they figured it out I had really gone downhill. It was pretty scary. I was completely delirious for several days. I guess I kept telling the docs and nurses that I was conducting a secret research project in Chinese. They all thought it was pretty funny (after the fact, of course). My sweet husband literally did not leave my side until I finally started to pull out of it. What a guy.

Sure makes me appreciate life, I'll tell ya'!

Wow, Mini, that's really scary!! And all from a hot tub!! I had to reach back to the nooks and crannies of my brain to remember what I know about Legionalla...it is a respiratory disease, correct? First named after a bunch of people that contracted it from air conditioners in the hotel they were staying at for an American Legion conference or something? And that folks is my useless trivia tidbit for the night!

Yep, you are exactly right. It lives in Water vapor and you can get sick from inhaling it. It causes a very severe pneumonia, high fever, gastro problems, etc. It's pretty awful. I've really never experienced anything quite like it, and hope I never do again.

Well gals, my sister had her interview for the police department tonight, and it sounds like it went really well! I don't want to jinx her, but I just feel like she's going to get it. Things have just fallen into place, and it just feels right for some reason. So everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed, and send some good vibes her way! They are supposed to put the list out by the end of the week, and there are 4 positions, so as long as she is in the top 4 she has a new career!!

I would be sooooooo happy if she moved home!! I never quite realize how much I miss her until she is home visiting. She is the only other person in the world who has the exact same warped sense of humor as me!! Within 5 minutes of me getting home from work yesterday we were both in hysterics!!

Yep, you are exactly right. It lives in Water vapor and you can get sick from inhaling it. It causes a very severe pneumonia, high fever, gastro problems, etc. It's pretty awful. I've really never experienced anything quite like it, and hope I never do again.

Well I know I am thanking the heavens above that you survived so you could grace us with your witty self! We all adore you Mini!!

Well gals, my sister had her interview for the police department tonight, and it sounds like it went really well! I don't want to jinx her, but I just feel like she's going to get it. Things have just fallen into place, and it just feels right for some reason. So everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed, and send some good vibes her way! They are supposed to put the list out by the end of the week, and there are 4 positions, so as long as she is in the top 4 she has a new career!!

I would be sooooooo happy if she moved home!! I never quite realize how much I miss her until she is home visiting. She is the only other person in the world who has the exact same warped sense of humor as me!! Within 5 minutes of me getting home from work yesterday we were both in hysterics!!

That's fantastic!!! Oh, I'll keep my fingers crossed. That would be wonderful for both of you.

Well I know I am thanking the heavens above that you survived so you could grace us with your witty self! We all adore you Mini!!

Ahh shucks. Thanks, Munchkin. I adore you guys too!!!

Well, I am pooped from running around with my sister all day. Tomorrow we are going to the commissary to get cheap(er) groceries!

Goodnight all! Sweet dreams and happy Wednesday!!

(P.S. Anyone heard from Brandy?)

Well, I am pooped from running around with my sister all day. Tomorrow we are going to the commissary to get cheap(er) groceries!

Goodnight all! Sweet dreams and happy Wednesday!!

(P.S. Anyone heard from Brandy?)

Night, night. Haven't heard from Brandy for awhile . . .