Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to tell work people

I'm going into surgery and although my boss knows why I'm going in my fiancée is having the two days off for it to take me down. But he had told them I'm having surgery but I don't want them To know why ' date=' did anyone say different to what they were going in for. It's just I don't want everyone knowing and he works for his uncle so hence everyone on his side of family will know and I feel uncomfortable Bout that. Any ideas[/quote']

Originally I told people it was to has some esophageal scar tissue cleaned up, which was partially true. Later I did come clean with the whole thing.

I hope you were clear about your feelings with your fiancee because I didn't think I needed to tell my hubby that I would rather his whole damn work knew but he told them anyway! I was less than pleased.... ;)

I haven't told anyone at work, but if I have to, I plan on saying I had a hernia repaired.

All the girls in my office are doing shakes, Jenny Craig, weight watchers soooo my 2 weeks pre op on the shakes are covered and then I will say I went right into an Atkins plan. My feeling is this is personal. No need to tell everyone so I can hear their opinions. Only a very small handful of ppl know and I'm happy with that

I told my boss, but only because we're friends. It isn't anyone else's business.

Female plumbing problems usually stops questions :). Stomach is plumbing!

I told everyone I had my gallbladder out and my old lap band out with scar tissue. All not a lie. I did get the band removed with the scar tissue. I just didn't give the technical term .lol I feel its too personal to share with everyone.

The only people who know is my hubby and my Nurse Practiciner. No one elses business. When I was actively losing and people who would ask how- My line was "I am eating less and moving more--I hope I can keep it off this time". Worked everytime. And it was so true. Now that I'm losing again --slowly-- no one has noticed yet. Love Love wear smaller clothes. Good Luck

you could really tell them anything from having your tonsils out (accounts for sudden weight loss) to gallblader surgery. Anything believable is fine, and then, this one is less comfortable but there is always the option to not disclose anything, because really, you don't have too.

I took a week of vacation and didn't tell anyone at work anything ... I started months prior a high Protein diet with Protein Shakes ... And going to the gym 4 times a week so they think my weight loss is attributed to eating well and working out ( which in a way it is )

I am having the exact same issue. I work in a factory where rumors spread fast & die slow. They gossip about EVERYTHING from what people eat for lunch to if you are talking to a member of the opposite sex you MUST be secret lovers!! Lol. Sad but true! Sooo.. I am going with the gall bladder excuse because not saying anything is NOT an option. :). But... I do like the female plumbing reason also.... Maybe I'll say both & really confuse everyone! Haha. Good luck to everyone!!