Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I expected it after surgery but I thought I would be done with it by now. I guess I had better get some gasx to carry with me.

Before I had surgery, I spoke to my anethesiologist (sp?) and told her about the horrible gas pains I had with my gall bladder, she said she would do a little extra to me to get all the gas out. And I am happy to say, I have not struggled with it. I have taken gas-x one time and now I'm over it. For all the future bandsters in the next few days, talk to your doc and ask them to make sure they push all the gas out they can.

I feel for all you guys with the gas pains, I know it is horrible.

I have 2 more days and I can start mushy's - I can't wait!

Had to share this with you all...

So, the last couple days I've been having this weird pain on my side. I notice it more when I'm sitting down, and because I was sitting I couldn't figure out exactly how far up/down it was coming from. This whole time I'm thinking to myself, "Hmmm... am I ovulating or something? Ovary pain?" because I had to go off the pill for surgery. Well, today I was standing up and moved a certain way and felt it again. All of a sudden I was like, DUH, it's my PORT!!! LOL! I'm such a dork ;)

I got banded on Friday and went back to work on Monday. I am a teacher and wanted to keep it quiet so I didn't take offf work. Most of Monday I sat at my desk or made short trips across the room. By the end of school I was wiped out. The next day I could do almost everything except pick up something off the floor. By Wednesday, I was back up to speed. Turning over in bed was the most painful, but now 10 days out, that is fine.

Had to share this with you all...

So, the last couple days I've been having this weird pain on my side. I notice it more when I'm sitting down, and because I was sitting I couldn't figure out exactly how far up/down it was coming from. This whole time I'm thinking to myself, "Hmmm... am I ovulating or something? Ovary pain?" because I had to go off the pill for surgery. Well, today I was standing up and moved a certain way and felt it again. All of a sudden I was like, DUH, it's my PORT!!! LOL! I'm such a dork ;)

I'm laughing out loud for sure. That is funny. Your not a dork - just funny. LOL

I can't believe how quickly I recovered. I'm a little tired but I think it's the afternoon slouch. I took a week off from work, but I'm still going to school I called my dr. and made a post-op appt. for 2/7/07 so I have to stay on a liquid diet until then, but to be honest, i'm not hungry. I was going to have some sf Jello at 4pm but i think I drank too fast because it feels like a bubble in my esophagus. so I think i'll wait until 7pm to have my dinner.

does anyone else have that feeling when they eat or drink? Do you guys have restriction even though we haven't been filled? The only time my tummy has rumbled is when the gas goes through!

I can't believe how quickly I recovered. I'm a little tired but I think it's the afternoon slouch. I took a week off from work, but I'm still going to school I called my dr. and made a post-op appt. for 2/7/07 so I have to stay on a liquid diet until then, but to be honest, i'm not hungry. I was going to have some sf Jello at 4pm but i think I drank too fast because it feels like a bubble in my esophagus. so I think i'll wait until 7pm to have my dinner.

does anyone else have that feeling when they eat or drink? Do you guys have restriction even though we haven't been filled? The only time my tummy has rumbled is when the gas goes through!

I felt this way after the surgery, but then on the fourth day out, I was soooo hungry! I think the swelling from the operation had gone down. I grit my teeth and stayed with my diet and after two or three days the big hunger went away. I have no restriction, but am doing my best to stay on my diet. I don't go back for my fill until Mar. 6.

I felt this way after the surgery, but then on the fourth day out, I was soooo hungry! I think the swelling from the operation had gone down. I grit my teeth and stayed with my diet and after two or three days the big hunger went away. I have no restriction, but am doing my best to stay on my diet. I don't go back for my fill until Mar. 6.

I have the same problem. I think I have some kind of restriction because when I eat my creamy Soup I feel full. But it just last for very long. JI at 3/4 cup of creamy soup at 1pm and around 3pm I started to get hungry. I'm trying to wait, (and suffer) till I'm ready for a snack. I am post op 7 days. My frist fill is Feb 19th. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

My hunger has just kicked in, 17 days post op. I make sure to get my Water in . About 10 days post op I felt alive again. I had surgery on Friday, went to work on Monday and was in a fog until day 10. I cried and was a mess for a few mornings. I should have taken some time off. I was just frustrated that I had no energy. Thank goodness a good friend had gone through it and promised me it would pass. It did. Between the surgery and the lack of food I was a mess. I wasn't very good about my Protein or water then, I just wasn't hungry or thirsty. I feel 100% now.

I can't get my 1st fill until 6 weeks out. I go the 27th of February. I hope I have restriction right away. I know alot of people dont.

I'm only 11 post op and still have restriction, but I do get a little hunger, usually after 4 hours after I've eaten. So, I think that is normal. I know the reason I have restriction is my tummy is still swollen, and I expect that when it goes down, the hunger will come big time. I'm sure hoping I can get thru it withou gaining any of my weight back. I've takent the scales away from the house so I won't weigh again until my 6 week check up.

Sunshine, When you redo the January list please take my name off [sunnysea 1/18] I wasn't able to keep that date. I am really trying for Feb. now.:D Thanks, Sunnysea

Sunshine

Please add me to your January list- January 30th. Tomorrow is my big day.

To all- Thanks again to all for the information- this site is just terrific. Truly invaluable information, support, insight, inspiration and ideas! Could not be as prepared as I am without you. Good luck to all my other 30's

Gigi8, LadyLeo868, Thatgirl and others!

Kim

Hey all,

I got through my liquids today fine; I lived - go figure! Though at 6 p.m. my stomach made noises I have NEVER heard it make! LOL; she must be in SHOCK!

My hospital called for me to be there at 8:45. Big difference from the 5:30 a.m. I was originally told. I called the surgeons office and they've switched me from the 1st surgery to the 2nd. I was a little annoyed, figuring I could wake up; go get it done and that would be that. The extra few hours are just more anxiety for me.

Bags are packed, magazines and a squish pillow for the ride home.

I'm really, really, really anxious, scared, nervous now. Tears in my eyes as I write. The 2nd guessing has started, wondering if this is crazy or not. Even thought "Hey, I can get through a day all liquids, maybe I can do this alone!". Then of course, my 'history' speaks for it self when it comes to weight loss. Then my Aunt called and said "Sheri Lynn, I don't now how you're going to do this - it's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard". I sort of froze. I know she didn't mean harm. But it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Anyway, thanks everyone; say a prayer for me tonight - as I know tomorrow - I'll be bundle of nerves. Hopefully they'll give me some happy happy meds when I arrive.

I'll write when I can!!!

Sheri Lynn:girl_hug: