Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

You can get the quickslim30 online. I think it is quickslim30.com It has no side effects.It has things in it to support weight loss, body functions and metabolism. It gives nice enegy too so I can't take it past noon or else I can't sleep. You take one after Breakfast and that is all. Just one pill a day! If your appetite is stronger at night, I'd take it after lunch. That didn't bother me at night. But, I could not take it in the evening.

Here is some info on it!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fbfbfb" vAlign=top><TABLE height=166 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=409 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=header_title style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 47px" vAlign=bottom>What's Inside QuickSlim-30 ?

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 23px; HEIGHT: 166px" rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=header_text style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=center align=left>As the most nutritious diet pill on the planet, QuickSlim-30 contains 12 healthful herbs that together balance your body, provide you energy, and help you reach your desired weight quickly.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 7px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5efe5" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 8px" background=images/top_div_bg_1.gif colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 740px; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 25px; PADDING-LEFT: 25px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 17px; PADDING-TOP: 17px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f7f5" vAlign=top colSpan=3>QuickSlim-30 contains these nutritious herbs for weight loss:

Alisma - diuretic

Aloe Vera - relieves Constipation, cleanses internal systems, aids in fat and sugar metabolism

Fo-Ti - promotes internal cleansing, detoxifies and strengthens the blood, invigorates kidneys and liver, increases vitality

Fructus Mori - improves digestion, increases energy

Goji Berries - increases energy by improving blood circulation, provides nutrition to kidneys

Grape Seed Extract - strengthens blood vessels, reduces inflammation

Green Tea - aids digestion, detoxifies, reduces cholesterol and triglycerides, enhances immune function

Hawthorn Berries - strengthens the heart by enhancing enzyme metabolism and oxygen utilization in the heart muscle

Lotus Leaf - improves urination

Reishi Mushroom - improves energy levels, reduces cholesterol and blood lipid levels

Spirulina (Blue-Green Algae) - increases energy and mood, provides carotenoids and other nutrients beneficial to those who don't consume several servings of vegetables each day, is a complete source of Protein, especially helpful in obesity

Sweet Tea Vine - improves protein metabolism, detoxifies, improves immune-system functioning

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Directions for Use:

Before breakfast, simply take one tablet in the morning with an eight-ounce glass of Water. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or under 18 years old, do not use this product. Discontinue use and consult a physician if any adverse reaction occurs. Most customers report low appetite while taking QuickSlim-30.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Actually, I hope you're doing better than me. I am wide open and have no restriction any more. I going on sheer willpower at this point and I'm not happy about it. I want to get a BIG fill and get this band working. Apparently the stomach takes a millenium to shrink back down. I feel sure my swelling is down (since no restriction) but I have to wait on the fill. How are you doing??

Carole

I am in the same boat, I'm trying to make what I do eat a Protein which seems to help with the hunger but really the only Proteins I can handel is tuna and eggs. I have never liked Tuna and all of a sudden I'm eating it twice a day. I hate to admitt it but I have also been eating way to many illegal things~ Wheat thin crackers with my Tuna, baked lays with my Tuna, handful of kids pop corn. All things that I shouldn't be able to eat but manage just fine :phanvan At least soft bread's (a bite of a soft pretzel, bite of pizza) definatley are a no go, one bite and It feels like a lump which makes me stop.

What are you eating, have you been able to eat ANYTHING or just to much for your liking of legal things.

When are you going to go for a fill? I am thinking about trying to aim for 5 weeks instead of 6 but we'll see. At least I am still losing.

Keep in touch it's good to see someone in the same exact spot.

Sara

Sunshine

Please add me to your January list- January 30th. Tomorrow is my big day.

To all- Thanks again to all for the information- this site is just terrific. Truly invaluable information, support, insight, inspiration and ideas! Could not be as prepared as I am without you. Good luck to all my other 30's

Gigi8, LadyLeo868, Thatgirl and others!

Kim

Kim - I added you to the master list. I have updated on the list on the first page under my name.

Sunnysea - sorry you didn't get to have it done in January, but February will be your month, hang in there!

Susie - I'm glad you are doing better. Sounds like you had some horrible pains, and I'm glad the band didn't slip, that would have been a nightmare for sure.

YESSSSSSSSSSS, Best of Luck to all my 30th Bandsters!!!!!!

Sherilynn - Your day has come!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and ALL the January 30th bandsters! I can't wait to hear from all of you to let us know how you are doing.

8pm to midnight is when my appetite is really out of control.

I notice I'm more hungry around that time too. I have read where some experience the band to be really tight in the mornings and lose in the evenings. I was hoping this would not happen to me, however, I'm afraid it might be the case. I do try sipping on Water during this time to help and it does seem to help.

What helped me with my hunger pangs was to always be sipping on Water and on the days I couldn't hang, I'd take a QuickSlim 30 to take the edge off.

But for some reason I still have restriction. I am on solids now and can eat 1 cup of food at a time.

Audree - question for you, I heard even though you could eat 1 cup of food, you shouldn't as it can stretch the pouch. I don't know if this is true or not, but curious. I haven't asked my doctor about it, but was wondering, do you eat until you are no longer hungry, even if its 1 or 2 cups of food? Or do you just stick to 1/2 cup of food no matter what. I'm really confused on this. My dietician said to measure 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food and eat that, so that is what I'm doing. So far it is very filling and I can't eat the entire 1/2 cup. But I'm sure as the swelling goes down, 1/2 cup will seem like nothing.

Hello,

I am new. I was banded 1/16/07. This is my first time on this sight. I have found some helpful info.

thanks

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Good afternoon January bandsters!

I am feeling like a million bucks today. Got almost 12 hours of sleep last night and didn't wake up once! This is a first since surgery!

I had my one week post-op with my surgeon and nutritionist today. Both were very pleased with my progress. Best part? MUSHIES!!!! I got home and had a small lunch of hummus and baba ghannoush! YUM!!! Haha, can you tell I'm excited? I'm going to do my best to keep my arse off the scale for a while and only weigh once a week. I get two weeks of mushies, then two weeks of a soft solid phase. That's when I'll get to add ground meat and canned tuna or chicken, Pasta, rice, etc. I don't get to add dry crackers or full meats until later. No problem here!

Good luck to all the peeps getting their bands this week! Whoo-hoo!

Maria

I am in the same boat, I'm trying to make what I do eat a Protein which seems to help with the hunger but really the only Proteins I can handel is tuna and eggs. I have never liked Tuna and all of a sudden I'm eating it twice a day. I hate to admitt it but I have also been eating way to many illegal things~ Wheat thin crackers with my Tuna, baked lays with my Tuna, handful of kids pop corn. All things that I shouldn't be able to eat but manage just fine :phanvan At least soft bread's (a bite of a soft pretzel, bite of pizza) definatley are a no go, one bite and It feels like a lump which makes me stop.

What are you eating, have you been able to eat ANYTHING or just to much for your liking of legal things.

When are you going to go for a fill? I am thinking about trying to aim for 5 weeks instead of 6 but we'll see. At least I am still losing.

Keep in touch it's good to see someone in the same exact spot.

Sara

Well, you're doing better than I am. I've eaten enchilada's, spaghetti with sausage, broiled chicken..... with no problem. I did have a sticking prob with a chicken nugget I took a bite of but that's about it. I had an English muffin last night, no prob. My doc told me to NOT take in any more Protein Shakes since I'm getting protein from what I'm eating. I haven't tried soda and probably won't. I'm not a big soft drink person but I do like champagne. I'm planning on scheduling a fill for next week. It's time to get this band working!! I'm jealous of everybody who has to fight to stuff in a half cup of food. On the other hand though I really had no pain or gas so I should just be grateful for that.:clap2:

I envy those with restriction. I'm considering taking phentermine to suppress my appetite until I can get a fill, but I hate the idea of resorting to drugs. The side effects of phentermine are awful, but it's better than this constant grumbling stomach. Where do you get QuickSlim 30? Does it have any negative side effects? Can you take it in the evenings and still sleep at night? 8pm to midnight is when my appetite is really out of control.

You and I are in the same boat. I was banded By Dr.Spivak on 1-05-2007. I have no restriction at all. I've been thinking of taking phentermine as well. I can't wait to get my first fill. I'm tired of peolple looking at me like my surgery isn't working.

Audree - question for you, I heard even though you could eat 1 cup of food, you shouldn't as it can stretch the pouch. I don't know if this is true or not, but curious. I haven't asked my doctor about it, but was wondering, do you eat until you are no longer hungry, even if its 1 or 2 cups of food? Or do you just stick to 1/2 cup of food no matter what. I'm really confused on this. My dietician said to measure 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food and eat that, so that is what I'm doing. So far it is very filling and I can't eat the entire 1/2 cup. But I'm sure as the swelling goes down, 1/2 cup will seem like nothing.

As the swelling goes down, there is a lot less restriction. Right now I don't have a pouch since I havn'et had a fill yet. I think part of the reason I get full on 1 cup is I eat really slow and chew a ton! I don't ever have more than 1 cup and if I get full first, I don't push it.

In the beginning, when I was restricted more, I could get full on 1/2 a cup till I would feel full to my throat kinda feeling. Right now I can eat any meat with no problem.

When we get a fill though and have restriction, it is a whole new ball game. 1/2 cup to 1 cup only. Over 1 cup will stretch the pouch.

Plus Protein is a lot more filling than junk, and I have always eaten less when it is protein. White flour products like bread, chips, I am a bottomless pit. So, I am not going to have them. They really open up my hunger and make me feel out of control and sick!

You and I are in the same boat. I was banded By Dr.Spivak on 1-05-2007. I have no restriction at all. I've been thinking of taking phentermine as well. I can't wait to get my first fill. I'm tired of peolple looking at me like my surgery isn't working.

Shouldn't you be able to get a fill around Feb. 2nd? That's your 4 week mark, right? Have you made an appointment, yet?

I regret telling so many people because they are already being critical. I feel like a broken record trying to explain that the band hasn't been filled and even when it is filled, I may need several fills to get it just right. I should have just kept my mouth shut in the first place.

Shouldn't you be able to get a fill around Feb. 2nd? That's your 4 week mark, right? Have you made an appointment, yet?

I regret telling so many people because they are already being critical. I feel like a broken record trying to explain that the band hasn't been filled and even when it is filled, I may need several fills to get it just right. I should have just kept my mouth shut in the first place.

enterprise - I totally agree with you about telling so many people. Here is who I have told so far - my DH, my mom, my sister, my cousin, a friend at work, my sister-in-law - and they are all sworn to secretcy. My mom is already calling on a daily basis, "how much have you lost" - I have to tell her over and over that the loss really won't come until after a fill. I had to tell my mom because she had to drive me to surgery because my DH had a meeting that afternoon. Or trust me, I would not have told her a thing. People do not undertand that this is not gastric bypass, this is not a quick fix, THIS IS A TOOL. We still have to diet, period. When I say diet, I mean watch what we eat. We can't eat ice cream everyday and expect the weight to fall off.

About the fill, my doctor won't let me get a fill until 6 weeks. I found out at my last appointment, before I can get a fill, first I have to go to my primary care doc and get a malabsorption test, (which I think is a total waste of time and stupid), then I have to bring that test back to my lap-band surgeon. They will then decide if I get a fill. If they decide I can have a fill, they notify the hospital, who then will call me to schedule it. It sounds like a huge mess, but thats their proceedure.