Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I am only going to post in the earlier part of the day and after my kids go to bed, about 8pm. I have been on the boards so much, I have been taking away from my kids. So, time to reign in a little, but I will still be here!!!

See you tonight!

Yes, I understand. I was on this site ALL THE TIME at work, I finally noticed my work was suffering. I am still off work right now so I can get on it more often during the day, but once I go to work, I will probably only get on it during the evenings myself.

Have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow. Hope that means that I am #1. Strangely enough I am not at all excited or nervous, just ready to get this done so I can move on with the rest of my life.

Seems like all I have done is read and plan and read and plan. After spending so much time on this site, I feel that I am more than ready and hopefully will be able to profit from everything the rest of you have experienced for the the last month. I think the information will be invaluable over the next few days.

Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. Will post when I am banded and able.

Mary

yes, tomorrow is the big day...I took a xanax and am ready to go to bed. wish me luck..and I PROMISE I will post tomorrow and tell everyone how I did...Nighty night, and tommorrow is really the first day ot the rest of my life.. :clap2:

Have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow. Hope that means that I am #1. Strangely enough I am not at all excited or nervous, just ready to get this done so I can move on with the rest of my life.

Seems like all I have done is read and plan and read and plan. After spending so much time on this site, I feel that I am more than ready and hopefully will be able to profit from everything the rest of you have experienced for the the last month. I think the information will be invaluable over the next few days.

Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. Will post when I am banded and able.

Mary

Mary,

Good luck tomorrow. They told me to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. and I went into surgery around 10:30, so you are probably the first one up tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Give us an update when you can.

Hey Guys, I was just banded yesterday 01/29/07 with Dr. Ortiz . Wow what a great expierence it was. I live in Riverside County so I decided to come home today..Everything went we really well except i was up 3 pounds from my preop weight ( Yesterday) did this happen to anyone else. I didn't eat a thing yesterday. I was really shocked and bummed. :think Today I feel a little tired and hungry. I'm on clear liquids! I'm not having much pain & I would highly recommend Dr. ortiz & his staff.

Cool!!! I was banded by him too!! I loved it and the whole experience. I have heard that people gain due to all of the fluids and IV's. That is why I didn't weigh myself for three weeks. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, so not far from you!

Let me know if you have any questions about his 3 week liquids because I sure had a lot of questions for Dr. Miranda and emailed her all the time!!!

Glad your home and doing well!:clap2:

No, I'm going to call tomorrow and make an appointment. Do you know if Dr. Spivak will be doing your fill?

The lady taking appointments said if I felt like I wanted to see him, make the appointment for a Thursday. I chose to make the appointment for a Monday because I am not having any problems. If I have a problem with a fill, I will make my next appointment on a Thursday so I can see him. The lady said that would be fine.

good morning everyone!

Just wanted to check in, I'm at school right now. Just a little sore and gassy. I've been doing okay but I get tired after school and take naps and then can't sleep all night. So Friday the parents, the dogs and I are leaving to our house in New York so I can just RELAX (when was the last time I've done that? :faint: )

I haven't weighed myself and I won't until I go to my surgeons next Wednesday (one week!) hopefully I lost something and hopefully I can go on mushies next. I'm craving pureed tuna salad like crazy!

Thanks for your support!

Hey all,

Yesterday was my day. Turns out my doctor sent me home, I did not stay over night. My 8:45 a.m. turned out to be about 12:30; so there was alot of anxiety. My nurse couldn't get vein for my I.V., neither could the anesthesiologist! I was poked and poked! Oh boy! Finally got it. I was a bundle of nerves in the 'holding area'. I expressed my concern about the gas. I can say last night when I was sent home around 6, I did have pain in my shoulder; but for the most part; it's all gone! I am thrilled. But I am EXTREMELY sore, across my belly right along the top of the ribs. 4 incisions, no black and blues as of yet. Last night I tried to sleep in the recliner; that was horrible by 4:30 a.m. I had to just MOVE. I got incredibly stiff, but I walked in circles in the house for about an hour. I gave in and took two percocets. I put that off, b/c I didn't want nausea. Right now, I'm probably not making much sense, b/c I am EXHAUSTED. No sleep Monday night, none last night. Finally made it onto the bed for a bit this a.m. for a 2 hour 'nap'.

HOW DO YOU GET liquids IN? I have had not much since I got home last night, maybe two Water bottles full, some Jello. Thats about it. I think I'm afraid of taking too big a sip. I'm also afraid it won't all go down. I keep waiting about 5 minutes in between. I feel a bit weak, still tired.

Ok, I'll write more later.

GAS X strips I think did the trick too.

I had a really hard time gettng anything in at 1st. I had to force myself. Just keep trying to get it in. Have someone remind you if you can.

My stomach muscles hurt the worst too. And then my back from walking all hunched over. I am sorry you were poked so many times, that sucks!

I can't take percoset, they make me itch so I took my liquid vicodin and I just made sure I had it every 4-6 hours so I was on top of the pain. The gas was worse than the surgery scars, for me.

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I'm pretty much in the same lines of most of you. Trying to get back into the swing of work, and limit my posting to evenings. Unfortunately, when I get home, I'm so tired I just wind up going to bed.

My hunger is back, and I've pretty much feel "complete" again. Not to many sore spots. I'm also, finally, able to lay on my stomach. Although, I do feel a little soreness where I believe the port may be when I do. At least, it's around where my big incision is.

Other then that, everything is going well on my end.

I wanted to congratulate all who have recently been banded. It's the last day of our month, and I'm looking forward to continuing this journey with all of you!

I don't have a scale at home...yes, I know I need to get one. So, my next weigh in is this coming Monday when I go to the surgeon's. I can tell there are changes, my clothes are definitely fitting differently. I'll see if the weight has changed too.

My hunger is back, and I've pretty much feel "complete" again. Not to many sore spots. I'm also, finally, able to lay on my stomach. Although, I do feel a little soreness where I believe the port may be when I do. At least, it's around where my big incision is.

I still can't sleep on my stomach, and I really miss that. The area around my large incision is very sore, too. I'm actually having more pain in the left side now (2 weeks post-op) than I did right after surgery. Every time I move it feels like my insides are shifting around. It's particularly bad in the evenings.

On a positive note, I took the bandage off my belly button today and it looks like my doc gave me a little plastic surgery for free. I was born with a herniated belly button, so it has never looked very good. It seems that my doc removed some of the excess tissue when he sewed up the incision in there. It now looks like a normal belly button. Yay!

good morning everyone!

Just wanted to check in, I'm at school right now. Just a little sore and gassy. I've been doing okay but I get tired after school and take naps and then can't sleep all night. So Friday the parents, the dogs and I are leaving to our house in New York so I can just RELAX (when was the last time I've done that? :faint: )

I haven't weighed myself and I won't until I go to my surgeons next Wednesday (one week!) hopefully I lost something and hopefully I can go on mushies next. I'm craving pureed tuna salad like crazy!

Thanks for your support!

Yeah, I tried not to weigh in the beginning just because of all the Fluid fluctuation.

Relax and have fun!!

Hey all,

Yesterday was my day. Turns out my doctor sent me home, I did not stay over night. My 8:45 a.m. turned out to be about 12:30; so there was alot of anxiety. My nurse couldn't get vein for my I.V., neither could the anesthesiologist! I was poked and poked! Oh boy! Finally got it. I was a bundle of nerves in the 'holding area'. I expressed my concern about the gas. I can say last night when I was sent home around 6, I did have pain in my shoulder; but for the most part; it's all gone! I am thrilled. But I am EXTREMELY sore, across my belly right along the top of the ribs. 4 incisions, no black and blues as of yet. Last night I tried to sleep in the recliner; that was horrible by 4:30 a.m. I had to just MOVE. I got incredibly stiff, but I walked in circles in the house for about an hour. I gave in and took two percocets. I put that off, b/c I didn't want nausea. Right now, I'm probably not making much sense, b/c I am EXHAUSTED. No sleep Monday night, none last night. Finally made it onto the bed for a bit this a.m. for a 2 hour 'nap'.

HOW DO YOU GET LIQUIDS IN? I have had not much since I got home last night, maybe two Water bottles full, some Jello. Thats about it. I think I'm afraid of taking too big a sip. I'm also afraid it won't all go down. I keep waiting about 5 minutes in between. I feel a bit weak, still tired.

Ok, I'll write more later.

GAS X strips I think did the trick too.

The Water intake is really important so I just sipped little sips all day. I just tried to get in as much as I could. I also held the tip of a water sipper and let the water drip,drip,drip down my throat. That didn't back up on me.

I just also laid straight in my bed with lots of fluffy pillows. I also laid on my heating pad and that felt good.