Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Doing really good except I'm tired a lot. Can't seem to get the calories in that I need or something. I tried eating a bit more for lunch today and my ribs hurt for about 30 minutes afterwards. Doctor said not to worry right now about counting calories but to work on learning to eat properly with the band (chewing well and eating slowly with no liquids). Who would've thought I would ever have a problem with too few calories!!!!

I get an ache like that too when I am full. I guess I feel stressed because on another group there is someone there that wrote a manual for patients and doctors regarding the band. And she stresses to get in at least 1200 or else it can affect your weight loss, metabolism, etc. I only had like 900 calories today and can't eat anymore. Or else I'd get sick.

I remember doing this pyramid diet and you could only have 1200 calories.I remeber feeling like I was dying of starvation and could not stay on it!!! Who would have thought I'd be struggling to get in 1200!!!

What a problem we have!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Audree, have you tried a tortilla wrap yet? I love Subway and am afraid that is always going to be a no-no, they also have the wraps. Just wondering if since surgery has anyone tried the wraps that fast-food places have?

No I have not had any type of tortilla, bread, crackers. On top of doing the South Beach, I am afraid!!! So, I am just going to steer clear of things I have heard can plug the stoma or cause me to PB.

It's been 12 days since my surgery and on one day I got 900 calories....all the others it's been 500 - 820. I'm afraid that I'm not getting enough to get my metabolism going. The scales haven't moved a whole lot, of course my period is just getting over so maybe that's why the standstill. I'm also going to try and get in an extra Protein Shake or something to get a few extra calories and some much needed Protein. I know what you mean about afraid to try things.....that's why I'm asking other people....if too many say it didn't work, I'm not going there!!!!!

good morning everyone,

tomorrow will be two weeks post surgery for me , I go to the Dr. today for my first check up , so far my scale says that I have lost 20 lbs. I am just hopefull that the scale will say the same thing at the Dr's office. I am definetly noticing my clothes are getting much looser , yesterday I had a pair of jeans on that didn't look like they belonged to me , since they were so big in the butt and legs , I think I will keep wearing them until I can put them on without opening the button , that will be kinda fun , lucky for my family that should be within the next week or two ...

Keep up the good work to everyone

good morning everyone,

tomorrow will be two weeks post surgery for me , I go to the Dr. today for my first check up , so far my scale says that I have lost 20 lbs. I am just hopefull that the scale will say the same thing at the Dr's office. I am definetly noticing my clothes are getting much looser , yesterday I had a pair of jeans on that didn't look like they belonged to me , since they were so big in the butt and legs , I think I will keep wearing them until I can put them on without opening the button , that will be kinda fun , lucky for my family that should be within the next week or two ...

Keep up the good work to everyone

I know how you feel about your scale versus the doctor scale. I go in on Feb 12 to weigh and post op, and hope my weigh loss is the same there.

I wish I was losing in the butt and thighs, but so far my boobs are the only thing shrinking. I wish we could choose where to lose each week, like picking from a menu. This is what I would pick

waist - yes, yes, yes

face - yes, yes

butt - yes, yes

thighs - yes

hands - no

boobs - no

Oh well, wishful thinking!

Terry

Hello Bandsters,

I haven’t been posting lately because I’ve been having a lot of problems with my band. I have been having a lot of problems with shoulder gas pains (I’m 12 days post op). I would feel really good one day and awful the next. I couldn’t even smell Protein Shakes without gagging. Well, on Friday I had a couple of episodes of vomiting after eating a cream Soup. On Sunday I couldn’t keep Water down. The pain around my band was intense. I called the Barix Clinics where my surgery was done. The doctor (Dr Kam) told me he wanted to see me right away. I was impressed as this was Sunday!! When I got to the clinic he was waiting for me! (I had about a 1 hour drive to get there) He had an xray tech also waiting for me, WOW. Pictures were taken, My Band was okay. He was concerned about slippage, swelling etc. Well my friends I was very dehydrated and had lots of excessive air in my colon. Also, had a backup of the bowels. My stomach was swollen because of the vomiting. Well, after fluids, a laxative and some anti-nausea medication I am feeling great!! I am now totally committed to my water. Also happy with a 21 pound weight loss.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks for listening,

Susie

Before I had surgery, I spoke to my anethesiologist (sp?) and told her about the horrible gas pains I had with my gall bladder, she said she would do a little extra to me to get all the gas out. And I am happy to say, I have not struggled with it. I have taken gas-x one time and now I'm over it. For all the future bandsters in the next few days, talk to your doc and ask them to make sure they push all the gas out they can.

I feel for all you guys with the gas pains, I know it is horrible.

I have 2 more days and I can start mushy's - I can't wait!

I also asked my anethesiologist to take extra care with the gas situation. I don't know if he did or not but I haven't had even one gas pain. In fact I really had no pain at all other than some stiffness. I'll keep you guys in my prayers that you might feel better soon.

Carole

Hey Carole,

I had my band done the same day as you and have lost the same amount so far. I guess we are true band twins :D

Hope all is going well.

Sara

Hello Bandsters,

I haven’t been posting lately because I’ve been having a lot of problems with my band. I have been having a lot of problems with shoulder gas pains (I’m 12 days post op). I would feel really good one day and awful the next. I couldn’t even smell Protein Shakes without gagging. Well, on Friday I had a couple of episodes of vomiting after eating a cream Soup. On Sunday I couldn’t keep Water down. The pain around my band was intense. I called the Barix Clinics where my surgery was done. The doctor (Dr Kam) told me he wanted to see me right away. I was impressed as this was Sunday!! When I got to the clinic he was waiting for me! (I had about a 1 hour drive to get there) He had an xray tech also waiting for me, WOW. Pictures were taken, My Band was okay. He was concerned about slippage, swelling etc. Well my friends I was very dehydrated and had lots of excessive air in my colon. Also, had a backup of the bowels. My stomach was swollen because of the vomiting. Well, after fluids, a laxative and some anti-nausea medication I am feeling great!! I am now totally committed to my water. Also happy with a 21 pound weight loss.

ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

Thanks for listening,

Susie

That is great!!! It is a whole new world when you don't feel sick from the surgery. The water is so important.I didn't know we could get dehydrated so easily until I went to a support group and they were on me about not getting in the 64 ounces. One lady had to have an unfill because she said when you are dehydrated your band swells. She couldn't get food down.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Hey Carole,

I had my band done the same day as you and have lost the same amount so far. I guess we are true band twins :D

Hope all is going well.

Sara

Actually, I hope you're doing better than me. I am wide open and have no restriction any more. I going on sheer willpower at this point and I'm not happy about it. I want to get a BIG fill and get this band working. Apparently the stomach takes a millenium to shrink back down. I feel sure my swelling is down (since no restriction) but I have to wait on the fill. How are you doing??

Carole

Actually, I hope you're doing better than me. I am wide open and have no restriction any more. I going on sheer willpower at this point and I'm not happy about it. I want to get a BIG fill and get this band working. Apparently the stomach takes a millenium to shrink back down. I feel sure my swelling is down (since no restriction) but I have to wait on the fill. How are you doing??

Carole

Carole,

I was banded 5 days after you and am in the same position. I feel no restriction and my appetite is getting ravenous. I hope my will power will hold out until I can get a fill. It's terribly frustrating. Every day friends ask me how much I've lost and I have to tell them that I'm not even 2 weeks post-op yet and the band hasn't been filled, so give me a break. And the hunger pains are just killing me. Seriously, they are very painful. When my stomach growls, it's like someone is twisting a knife in my gut. I can't wait for that first fill -- I hope it's big enough to do the trick.

What helped me with my hunger pangs was to always be sipping on Water and on the days I couldn't hang, I'd take a QuickSlim 30 to take the edge off.

But for some reason I still have restriction. I am on solids now and can eat 1 cup of food at a time.

What helped me with my hunger pangs was to always be sipping on Water and on the days I couldn't hang, I'd take a QuickSlim 30 to take the edge off.

But for some reason I still have restriction. I am on solids now and can eat 1 cup of food at a time.

I envy those with restriction. I'm considering taking phentermine to suppress my appetite until I can get a fill, but I hate the idea of resorting to drugs. The side effects of phentermine are awful, but it's better than this constant grumbling stomach. Where do you get QuickSlim 30? Does it have any negative side effects? Can you take it in the evenings and still sleep at night? 8pm to midnight is when my appetite is really out of control.