Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Audree,

How's your South Beach diet going? I may join you when I get the hang of pureed which I start tomorrow..

It is going great!!! When I was not banded, it was the only diet where I lost. It also helped me detox from sugar and white flour products. You can make some stews with meat, veggies, cheese and still be on the beach. We can also have V8.

I weigh in on Friday! I am eating great and feeling great too!! My appetite is under control and I have good energy.

This is what i ate today.

Cheese omellette with sausage, onions, bell pepper (husband took me to breakfast) and had about 1/2 the omelette and ate the insides, 8 chicken mozerlla meatballs, 10 almonds, 2 Laughing cow, so far...

48 ounces of Water and crystal light.

Stop you're making me sooo hungry. And that's not easy for a newly banded person. lol I can't wait till tomorrow. Yeah scrambled eggs!

well I did it and live to tell about it..I was banded and home by 11 oclock..my left side shoulder and chest are just now starting to hurt..thank god for the heating pad...I have had 2 cups of broth, a Jello, 1 cup of apple juice and a Protein water...I am going back to bed, but wanted to check in...not looking forward to a gassy night but o well..luv ya...

well I did it and live to tell about it..I was banded and home by 11 oclock..my left side shoulder and chest are just now starting to hurt..thank god for the heating pad...I have had 2 cups of broth, a Jello, 1 cup of apple juice and a Protein water...I am going back to bed, but wanted to check in...not looking forward to a gassy night but o well..luv ya...

Glad to hear you are doing well!!! Be careful with the juice, it gives diahrea. I had crystal light instead

Well, I'm back from the "Land of BadBands", not really. I got my band on 1/25/07 and ended up in the hospital dehydrated on 1/28/07. My stomach swelled around my band. That is why I was so restricted. I finally couldn't get anything down at all. Not even saliva. I called my doctor and he had me go to emergency to get hydrated. I had to stay in the hospital on an IV for three days until the swelling went down. I came home today.

I'm still pretty nauseous but nothing is coming back up so I'm grateful for that.

Edie

208/204/120

Well, I'm back from the "Land of BadBands", not really. I got my band on 1/25/07 and ended up in the hospital dehydrated on 1/28/07. My stomach swelled around my band. That is why I was so restricted. I finally couldn't get anything down at all. Not even saliva. I called my doctor and he had me go to emergency to get hydrated. I had to stay in the hospital on an IV for three days until the swelling went down. I came home today.

I'm still pretty nauseous but nothing is coming back up so I'm grateful for that.

Edie

208/204/120

I am so sorry!!! I guess my support group was not overreacting when I told them I wasn't getting enough Water. They told me that the stomach could swell around the band due to dehydration, but I guess I really believe it now. She told me in extreme cases they'd have to remove the band. I am glad you are okay now. Just sip all day. I have a 24 ounces bottle by my bed and drink it in the morning. I have one at midday and one at night. for a total of 72 ounces a day.

I also let the sipper bottle drip into my mouth when it was harder to keep liquids down.

Wish me well..surgery is scheduled for Friday, February 2!!

Your getting banded on "Groundhogs Day" thats my birthday!

Well everyone, its over! Thats right January is over and we all survived! I know the anticiaption leading up to surgery was a killer for all of us, especially those of you who were just banded. I was banded on the 18th and it was killing me, the waiting game, so I can't imagine how you late month bandsters did it.

Today I get to start my mushy foods! I just cooked me 1 poached egg, with a little grated cheese, I was able to eat about 1/2 of it. I can't believe I'm FULL, off one egg. I remember when 2 eggs, 3 bacons, hashbrowns, biscuits was a big Breakfast for me. I would eat it all and practically lick the plate. Now, I'm pushing the plate back after 1/2 an egg? hmmm, I like the new me!

I got some exciting news, my friend who entered the Body For life challenge last year just found out SHE WON! She won 1st place in her age division. She ended up winning $40,000 in CASH, $5,00 in EAS supplements, a new home gym, and a cruise in May for her and her DH. I'm so thrilled for her. The amazing part is, she only lost 20 lbs, but she worked out 6 days a week, and ate 5 small meals a day and changed her body shape in just 12 weeks. She has some awesome abs now. Below is a link to her before & after picture, you need to scroll down to see her after picture. Is this inspiring or what? Makes me want to get to the gym!

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/showphotos.cfm?id=15910

She was also featured on our local news on how she won. She is so excited because she entered the contest to change her body, and she really never thought she would win, but now she is $40,000 richer.

I really don't want a hanging stomach, and I'm wondering if I bust my rear at the gym every day, will I have one? Have you guys ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? Well, I'm totally addicted to the show, and those people lose tons of weight, the winner lost over 200 lbs in 8 months and he was ripped. He started off weighing over 400 lbs, and by the end of the show, he had major abs. I'm wondering if it depends on working out at the gym? Anyhow, as soon as I'm able to lift weights, (3 more months), I really want to higher a personal trainer and get serious. I've started on the treadmill, but I think you have to build muscle too in order no to have sagging skin.

I'm still off work, but I think I will go back on Monday. I'm scheduled to be off until the 12th, but I'm getting bored now and feeling guilty about being off so long, so I am going to the doc and pick up a realease form. Talk to you guys later.

Best of luck to you! My thoughts and prayers will be with you-Gigi:)

You will be fine! Come back and let us know how you are doing!