Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

This is called Bandster Hell and I know why. I can't get a fill until 6 weeks out and alot of people don't have restriction after their 1st fill. I feel the same way enterprise01. I keep telling people, and myself, that I am supposed to be healing but its hard when the scale is creeping back the wrong way. I am not allowed weights of any kind for 3 months. I can get back into the gym but I am not there energy wise yet. Hang tough ladies!

As the swelling goes down, there is a lot less restriction. Right now I don't have a pouch since I havn'et had a fill yet. I think part of the reason I get full on 1 cup is I eat really slow and chew a ton! I don't ever have more than 1 cup and if I get full first, I don't push it.

In the beginning, when I was restricted more, I could get full on 1/2 a cup till I would feel full to my throat kinda feeling. Right now I can eat any meat with no problem.

When we get a fill though and have restriction, it is a whole new ball game. 1/2 cup to 1 cup only. Over 1 cup will stretch the pouch.

Plus Protein is a lot more filling than junk, and I have always eaten less when it is protein. White flour products like bread, chips, I am a bottomless pit. So, I am not going to have them. They really open up my hunger and make me feel out of control and sick!

That makes sense. I really hadn't thought about us "not have a pouch" until we get a fill. I know I probably have one now, because I feel so much restriction. I just looked at the time and realize, I haven't eaten since 8:30 am, and I'm not even hungry. Weird to not think about being hungry all the time like I used to. I love my new tool!

Hello,

I am new. I was banded 1/16/07. This is my first time on this sight. I have found some helpful info.

thanks

I have added you to the master list, the next time we update the list, you will be on it. Welcome!

This is called Bandster Hell and I know why. I can't get a fill until 6 weeks out and alot of people don't have restriction after their 1st fill. I feel the same way enterprise01. I keep telling people, and myself, that I am supposed to be healing but its hard when the scale is creeping back the wrong way. I am not allowed weights of any kind for 3 months. I can get back into the gym but I am not there energy wise yet. Hang tough ladies!

I finally had my DH hide my scales, I told him don't let me have them no matter what. I was freaking out when I would step on the scale and it showed a 2 ounce gain. So, out of sight, out of mind. I am just focussing on eating right and healing.

I did make it to the gym last night, only to do 20 min on treadmill. I'm trying to start out slow. I can't lift weights either for 3 months, but he did give me the go ahead to get on the treadmill, just don't over do it.

I really didn't start feeling good until yesterday, now I feel like I am totally back to normal. Every now and then my port side reminds me I had surgery - but its not that bad, I can live with it.

I hope it lasts for you sunshine2. My hunger just came back and I had surgery 6 days before you. Enjoy it!

Renee - I know it probably won't last, I'm expecting my hunger to sneak up on me. I'm sure I will enter Bandster Hell with you guys - lol.

Maybe hiding the scale is the answer to everyone asking how much I have lost. If I don't know, then I can't answer. I know I am under a microscope and I know its not people being crappy, they are curious, but its frustrating. HMMMMM.. I may have to "step away from the scale!" for my own sanity. I am 4 weeks from my fill appointment!

That makes sense. I really hadn't thought about us "not have a pouch" until we get a fill. I know I probably have one now, because I feel so much restriction. I just looked at the time and realize, I haven't eaten since 8:30 am, and I'm not even hungry. Weird to not think about being hungry all the time like I used to. I love my new tool!

Maybe we have sort of a pouch because of the swelling but when the swelling goes away, a lot of people are wide open and can eat anything. I think I have something more than I had before, because I get full and know I can't eat more past a certain point. I ate 5 chicken stuffed with mozerella meatballs with a little hummus on the side and was very satisfied. I don't feel stuffed or full, but know I am at a certain place where I have to stop. I have always been very aware of my body and how it feels, so I think that helps. I always notice that when I stop , about 30 seconds to 1 minute later I take a deep breath. The "deep breath" for me means I am full. I used to take a deep breath like that after a huge plate of food!

I also took my QuickSlim30 to aid me. Not so much for appetite, but for all the other benefits.

I am only going to post in the earlier part of the day and after my kids go to bed, about 8pm. I have been on the boards so much, I have been taking away from my kids. So, time to reign in a little, but I will still be here!!!

See you tonight!

Shouldn't you be able to get a fill around Feb. 2nd? That's your 4 week mark, right? Have you made an appointment, yet?

I called the office and they said I could schedule a fill after 5 weeks with the Surgery Center. I was given the number to call, so I did and made an appointment for my first fill on Feb. 12. Do you have an appointment yet?

Terry

I called the office and they said I could schedule a fill after 5 weeks with the Surgery Center. I was given the number to call, so I did and made an appointment for my first fill on Feb. 12. Do you have an appointment yet?

Terry

No, I'm going to call tomorrow and make an appointment. Do you know if Dr. Spivak will be doing your fill?

Hey Guys, I was just banded yesterday 01/29/07 with Dr. Ortiz . Wow what a great expierence it was. I live in Riverside County so I decided to come home today..Everything went we really well except i was up 3 pounds from my preop weight ( Yesterday) did this happen to anyone else. I didn't eat a thing yesterday. I was really shocked and bummed. :think Today I feel a little tired and hungry. I'm on clear liquids! I'm not having much pain & I would highly recommend Dr. ortiz & his staff.

I am almost 2 weeks post op and i am still very sore i have to sit alot and it is killing me also the spot where they cut me above my belly button is very hard it feels like a rock inside my stomach has any one had these problems before or having them now

Back from the DR and he says that all is well , I have lost 19lbs .....yeah

He gave me the go ahead to start on solid foods slowly, for dinner I am having small bites of pork chop, mashed potatoes/ gravy and green Beans wow this is the best meal i have had in a while , i go back on 2/20 for my first fill and he said that at that time he would like to put 5 to 6 cc in and I just about fell over, he told me that I have an 11cc vangaurd band that actually will hold about 12 / 13 cc with some of the fill in the tubing , I am going to injoy the lossness while I can since it sounds like he is going to get me nice and filled

Hey Guys, I was just banded yesterday 01/29/07 with Dr. Ortiz . Wow what a great expierence it was. I live in Riverside County so I decided to come home today..Everything went we really well except i was up 3 pounds from my preop weight ( Yesterday) did this happen to anyone else. I didn't eat a thing yesterday. I was really shocked and bummed. :think Today I feel a little tired and hungry. I'm on clear liquids! I'm not having much pain & I would highly recommend Dr. ortiz & his staff.

Welcome to bandland!

The weight being up is from surgery, I too was up 3 lbs after surgery, but lost it in a few days, don't worry about it. Being on liquids, it will come off!

PS - I added you to our January Master List :clap2:

I am almost 2 weeks post op and i am still very sore i have to sit alot and it is killing me also the spot where they cut me above my belly button is very hard it feels like a rock inside my stomach has any one had these problems before or having them now

After I read your post, I lifted my shirt to see where my holes were and I don't have one above the belly button. Your port might be there, is it the largest incision? If so, that is probably where your doctor placed the port, and it is the sorest of them all. I have mine placed on my left side, under my rib cage and it still is a little sore, but not that bad. I notice when I sit, I kinda lean to the right to ease the pain a bit.