Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

No one else had diarrhea?! I'm dying here! I am trying to add in some apple juice today (watered down), and I quit taking Maalox because of the magnesium. I actually had to use the bathroom at Meijer today because I knew I wouldn't make it home. Gross! At least it was clean. Seriously, what did you guys do to relieve this? I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week!

Maria

I had it for a few days, but I took a couple heavy shots of Pepto Bismol and it went away. I'm still on liquids and purees and I no longer have diarrhea, so, whatever causes it, it seems to me it may not be directly related to eating a liquid diet.

Also, since we are undertaking a careful review of diarrhea, I want to mention one other issue related to this captivating topic.

After taking Pepto Bismol and recovering from diarrhea, my stool at first was tarry and black. This was quite a concern to me because on WebMD and other medical web sites it says that this is an indication of internal bleeding that can be quite serious should probably trigger a visit to the emergency room. Reading a bit more, however, I discovered that Pepto Bismol and and Bismuth products in general can also make stool tarry and black. So, I waited a couple days and things returned to normal. I just thought I'd mention this because, apparently, tarry and black stool in general can be an indication of quite a serious condition, especially after surgery.

I'd also like to announce that I have now fully exhausted the extent of my knowledge about diarrhea, and I further announce that I will very likely limit my future contributions on the topic until such time as I have gained addition insight that I feel compelled to share. :straight

Tonya, Mark, and enterprise01 - thanks so much! It helps to know I'm not the only one. I am going to hang on till my post-op appointment on Tuesday, and if it's still happening I'm definitely going to ask about dry toast and crackers!!

Maria

:) I went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought 12 (2.9oz) of IDS New Whey Liquid Protein bullets. They're 25 grams per 'shot'. Figured a good way of getting in alot of Protein in the start, when I'm sure my intake of even fluids will be very limited...first day or two. 12 shots were $30. Found it cheaper online, but with S&H, would have been about the same. Also bought a 1.35lb jug of "ON" brand whey protein powers. Tasteless, with 17g/protein per 20 gram scoop. I can add this to my Water, tea, crystal light, Soups, cream of wheat, etc. That was $20.

Headed to Target where I picked up a pill splitter, more tylenol liquid and a food scale. They had all sorts of digital ones that were all fancey for $30 -$40. Didn't need all that fancy stuff. Bought one of the good old fashioned types that weighs up to 16oz, for $5.99!! Also bought Benefiber tablets in citrus flavor - OMG; GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I had to spit it out. Way more bitter than any Vitamin C tablet I've ever had.

I'm pretty much ALL set. I did want to get some more gourmet types of Soup from Wegemans, but I figured I have some time before I should be getting fancy. For my day before, I'll just be having a little s/f Jello and College Inn. Eck!

What's the petho position? I haven't heard of that.

The petho position is essentially chest to the ground, butt in the air.

I think of it as a new form of lap-band yoga that allows a person to release the bonds of flatulence and become one with the digestive tract.

The petho position is essentially chest to the ground, butt in the air.

I think of it as a new form of lap-band yoga that allows a person to release the bonds of flatulence and become one with the digestive tract.

There's no way I could do that. I have a great deal of pain if I lean forward or to the left. It feels like all my organs are shifting, and then when I straighten up, everything shifts back. Very yucky feeling. Anybody else have this? I'm hoping it will go away soon, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Hey BabyGotBack,

What is the appetite suppressant that you are using and where did you get it? Does your Dr. recommend it? Just curious.

I'm going to do the South Beach Challenge when I'm cleared for real food! I'm down 17 since two day out of the hospital and I don't know what my pre-op weight was (they did it in kilometers and I wasn't paying attention...).

For those going on this journey, I've not felt hungry once. After a few days you figure out how to get your liquids and Protein in. And I'm feeling, physically great. I still have that darn rash and can't figure it out. The Dr. thought it might be a virus? Which is a new concept for me, but I can deal with it for now. If it persists, I'll get in to my local Dr.

Have a great day all...

Shawn

I go to a chinese herbalist doctor and he suggested it for me. It is called QuickSlim30. You can get it online too. It helps with appetite, energy and metabolism. I am down 17 pounds too!!! Today was my first day of solid and I have done fine. Have not PB'd but I am chewing super good and only swallowing a little bit of what is in my mouth at a time. I didn't need to take my Quicksliim, but I wanted to take it since it also supports healthy weight loss and other body functions.

I just don't know how I am supposed to get calories in. I ate 1/4 of one egg for Breakfast, 1/4 cup of tuna with a little mayo, onion and Tomato. A little cottage cheese with salsa and 1 string cheese stick. Also a cup of coffee to start the day. That is only about 400 calories for today. I am going to have Snacks in between because I dont' want to eat so little.

No one else had diarrhea?! I'm dying here! I am trying to add in some apple juice today (watered down), and I quit taking Maalox because of the magnesium. I actually had to use the bathroom at Meijer today because I knew I wouldn't make it home. Gross! At least it was clean. Seriously, what did you guys do to relieve this? I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week!

Maria

I was told by my nutrionist I'd have diahrea if I drank Gatorade or juice so I cut it out and didn't have it.

so this one lady at my barn (where I keep my horse) just goes on and on about how I am making a poor decision, and I look fine and beautiful the way I am.(of course, she is slender and fit).I am at the point where I can no longer be polite to her...it is really pissing me off...then she says, well, you can postpone it and think about it..hell, I have had this appt. scheduled since nov! I am going to try to avoid her until wednesday..damn...I wish I didnt say anything...ug!!:angry

:clap2: :clap2: i' m getting banded on Monday!! 01/29/07. Nervous & excited. Thanks for this message board it has been a great!!!

I was told by my nutrionist I'd have diahrea if I drank Gatorade or juice so I cut it out and didn't have it.

Audree, you are so smart. I didn't even think of that.

Well, I made it! I didn't PB or have any problems. My quantites had to be small during the day. I was able to eat a little more for dinner. This is also my first day of South Beach and everything I ate falls under my plan.

Here is what I ate:

Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee with low carb soy milk

Snack: 6 small bites of egg and salsa

Lunch: 1/4 cup of tuna, reg. mayo, onions and Tomato

Snack: 2 oz of ff. cottage cheese

Snack: 1 string cheese

Dinner: 1/2 cup of lean steak (chopped up very finely)

a couple of mushrooms

1/4 cup of black Beans and cheddar cheese

Since I had to eat so frequently I couldn't drink my Water in between. I have to make it up in the evening, 1 hour after dinner.

I stopped with my meal when I felt like I had to take a deep breath.

The beauty of South Beach is I don't have to count calories, carbs, etc. I am keeping a tally in my head just to make sure I am eating enough. I am very satisfied and was not hungry. I'd say I got in about 800 calories and enough Protein.

I don't know how I could any more as I have heard you have to get a certain amount of calories, but what if it is not physically possible? There is no way I could have eaten more than I did.

What did your doctors/nutrionists tell you about daily calories? I have heard two schools of though: Eat 600-800 or eat 1000 or eat at least 1200. What do you guys think?

:clap2: :clap2: i' m getting banded on Monday!! 01/29/07. Nervous & excited. Thanks for this message board it has been a great!!!

Congrats!!! Gosh we have so many January Bandsters!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: