Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello everybody. I have a tentative date for surgery. Mar. 7th. Just waiting to here back from the doctors office. Still can't be sure what the exact cost is going to be, but have a pretty good estimate. (I hope). Thought I would here by today but it's nearly 3:00, so I guess it will be next week.

Hope everyone that has just had surgery is doing well. I believe Lisa is one of the most recent. Hope to here an update from her.

Hey Sugarbear, I'm doing fine. Have lost 12 lbs (total) Not much, but it's 12 that I don't have anymore. Haven't changed my ticker.I have gotten used to not eating much, but I do still get hungry. I think a lot of it is head hunger and being trapped in the house during the ice. I get my first fill on Feb 5th. Then we will really see how it goes. Glad to see you have a tentative date. Hope it gets set for real soon. Sorry I couldn't help much with the cost. I know that is a real important issue. Haven't seen a post from wannabethin. Have you? That girl is busy all the time. lol Better git. Yall have sweet dreams. Talk to everyone later.

lisa

Welcome blondylocks!

Texarkana pre-opt diet consist of

3 or 4 Optima Slimfast a day

SF jello

diet drinks,,, tea, crystal light etc

WATER

on day 3 or 4 can sub 1 small vegatable salad w/FF dressing for one slimfast.

Sugarbear, Here are the prices I found out when I was comparing Wadley to the Surgical Center

Insurance Price

Wadley $18,000-Discount for my insurance made it 13,600.

Surgery Center $14,627-Not aware of any discount at this time but I'm pretty sure some will be not allowed.

Well, I'm down one day of liquid diet! My stomach is making all kinds of weird noises. Probably going into shock with so little calories. I usually have more calories than this in one meal. LOL I WILL SURVIVE>>> JUST THAT I'M a big baby and have to cry.....LOL!

:) Lisa G.... Take care and thanks for all of the support you have been great!:)

Hi Donna,

Welcome aboard. I had 2 weeks of pre-op. It's really not terribly bad if you use the slim-fast OPTIMA. It did control my hunger for at least 4 hours. I liked the chocolate Royal and Choc. Milk shake. There were a couple of others that were good, but I have this thing for chocolate. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and when you get a date for surgery. If you have any questions, ask... that's what we are here for.

lisa

Thanks WannaBe. Is that 18,000 just for Wadley, alone? Wow. I thought the whole thing was about 16,00 counting the dr. bill. Anyway I think I have finally gotton a pretty good estimate. I know exactly how much the dr. is and an est. for the hospital. Havent gotton a good estimate for the aneth. yet. Wadley has their own anest. but I think it is billed separate. If you don't have insurance they gave a price of 800. but of course it is different if you have insurance. I am sure it is way up there. My insurance pays 50% after my 500 deductible. I think I will hear from Dr. Keilins office next week about a confirmation on the surgery date. We are shooting for March 7. I don't have anything planned for that month, no out of town trips. I am waiting to hear from wish412 (Mizboo) again too. I think she and I have the same insurance. I am just not sure about her deductable. Anyway thanks for the info. Everyone on this thread has been very helpful. It's nice hearing from people that are using the same facilities and doctors. Of course I like hearing from all the others too. I am sure when I have my surgery I will have a dozen more questions. Take care!

Hey Sugarbear, I'm doing fine. Have lost 12 lbs (total) Not much, but it's 12 that I don't have anymore. Haven't changed my ticker.I have gotten used to not eating much, but I do still get hungry. I think a lot of it is head hunger and being trapped in the house during the ice. I get my first fill on Feb 5th. Then we will really see how it goes. Glad to see you have a tentative date. Hope it gets set for real soon. Sorry I couldn't help much with the cost. I know that is a real important issue. Haven't seen a post from wannabethin. Have you? That girl is busy all the time. lol Better git. Yall have sweet dreams. Talk to everyone later.

lisa

Hey Lisa G. Glad to hear you are doing so well. Congrats on the 12 lbs!! Then there will the next 12, and then the next 12, then the next...ect. You are doing great. I have read many post about the weight losses and so many are different. At least you are losing, good for you! I hope to be a Texarkana Bandster by early March. How is the soreness around your port? Hope it is all gone by now. I read a lot about it but not sure how long it takes to go away. Keep up the good attitude, you are going to do just fine. Take care.

Sugarbear, did you go to one of the Drs seminars? They gave out a folder of information that contained a list of the costs for their fees and hospital fees. Mine says this:

Hospital and Anesthesia $9,400 (an additional $1500 will be owed if you spend the night.)

Surgeon and Assistant $5,500

Pathology $31.50 (lab work)

Total $14,931.50

Now, I don't know if your insurance is PPO, but if it is....AND the procedure is done at a facility that is in the insurance's network. The hospital and surgeon fees are discounted for doing the it there. For instance if you went to Blah, Blah Regional hospital and they were in your insurances network. The hospital charge $XX amount to the insurance. The insurance in turn would pay the price that they (hospital and insurance contracted) minus your part.(deductable and what ever percent was your responsiblity) Did that make sense? If the hospital is in the network, the price is most likely discounted. I hope that made sense. I get the feeling maybe I didn't explain well enough. I hope I didn't confuse you. Maybe, you already knew all that, and if you did, sorry. I don't want you to think I am a know-it-all cause that's just not the case. just trying to help, k?

lisa

I wonder if anybody ever goes to chat???? I never catch anyone there. I tried to go ther now and it says someone else is is logged in with my user name ect. what's up with that????? I think it is me but somehow it has me logged in twice. I don't know.....

Sugarbear, did you go to one of the Drs seminars? They gave out a folder of information that contained a list of the costs for their fees and hospital fees. Mine says this:

Hospital and Anesthesia $9,400 (an additional $1500 will be owed if you spend the night.)

Surgeon and Assistant $5,500

Pathology $31.50 (lab work)

Total $14,931.50

Now, I don't know if your insurance is PPO, but if it is....AND the procedure is done at a facility that is in the insurance's network. The hospital and surgeon fees are discounted for doing the it there. For instance if you went to Blah, Blah Regional hospital and they were in your insurances network. The hospital charge $XX amount to the insurance. The insurance in turn would pay the price that they (hospital and insurance contracted) minus your part.(deductable and what ever percent was your responsiblity) Did that make sense? If the hospital is in the network, the price is most likely discounted. I hope that made sense. I get the feeling maybe I didn't explain well enough. I hope I didn't confuse you. Maybe, you already knew all that, and if you did, sorry. I don't want you to think I am a know-it-all cause that's just not the case. just trying to help, k?

lisa

Thank you Lisa G. Yes, you made perfect sense. I did go to a seminar a long time ago. I will go back and look through my folder, haven't done that in awhile. Mine may be too old. I will compare thos prices with what I have. Than you again.

I got my folder at the September seminar that was held in Mt. Pleasant. So, I guess the figures are good. I checked my insurance just yesterday and the fee that the Dr.s charged was correct. Check you later. Time for the man to get home, so I probably won't be online anymore today. No offense, but I would much rather spend time with him instead of some ole computer. lol Have a good day.

lisa

Well I Hope To Be A Texarkana Bandster Soon Although I Live On The Louisiana Side.... What Kind Of Preop Diet Do You Do With Dr.s' At The Surgery Center

Blondylocks

Welcome blondylocks!!! Have you been to a seminar or to see the drs. in Texarkana? Everyone at Precision Surgery (PS) seems to be very nice, staff and drs. alike. They are very helpful if you have any questions. I am hoping to be a bandster soon too. Welcome aboard. There are many people here on the Lap Band Talk that are very knowledgeable and have already "been there done that," that are ready and willing to help in anyway. This is a great support system. Good Luck!!

Sugerbear I too was surprised by the cost to my insurance company for the hospital and surgery center bill. I was thinking the whole thing only cost around 15,000. Then I talked to the surgery center and their price was 14,627. I was very surprised so I called Wadley to compare and then Their's wasn't any better. Then I remembered the 15,000 is cash price for people without insurance and they try to get to a min. for them since they have to pay all out of their pocket. I'm just proud I have insurance and It's still hard to spend this money on my self just because I haven't been able to ever control my eating. Best of Luck to you!

My husband just got through paying for our part of his surgery, and he also has bcbs of Arkansas, we paid the doctor 700.00, since he had met our 250.00 deductible, and the hospital 600.00... they will bill the rest if there is any, after the insurance settles. This is exactly what I paid,and the hospital wound up refunding me 215.00, and the doctor refunded me almost 300.00 because I had also reached my stoploss for the year during all of these charges, so my top out of pocket could not exceed 1000.00 for the year, and since I had already seen the psychiatrist, and had the sleep study and all of that figured into my stop loss. I had my sleep study done at Wadley, but the hubby had his done at St. Micheals because Wadley was booked up. He is on his 5th day of liquid diet, and has already lost 13 lbs. He has really done much better than I expected. I tried to keep him busy today moving furniture around since Saturdays are our usual date night, and we always go to Texarkana to eat out. This was a really hard day for him but he has made it really well. Hope this helps, and hang in there, as it will all be worth the hassles in the end. Keep us posted of your surgery date and time. Mizboo