Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello to all...have been banded 5 weeks now (down 32 lbs) and am enjoying everyday that I get up and get dressed and my clothes (the ones that had gotten to be too small) are starting to be too big now...its a great feeling and makes the hard work worth it...also enjoying people noticing that something looks different about me...Went to my first support mtg last week...great experience...to meet new people and to share ideas and experiences...you really can learn from your peers...Sugarbear...glad to hear you are progressing in getting your surgery done...I thought the pre-op diet was the hardest because you can't have anything, and you know you still could if you wanted it because you don't have the band yet...its like holding a piece of steak in front of dog...just keep in mind the goal..."surgery day"...Welcome to you blondylocks...hope to hear you are getting to "surgery day" soon...this is a great group of people to get advice from...Hello Lisa...hope all is well with you too...Sorry I don't get to keep in touch very often, by the time I get home from school, and do all my "MOM & WIFE" jobs, it's late and I just don't get the chance to get on...If I have missed anyone, Hello!!! Great to see Dr. Hekier responding...that is neat to know that our doctors are keeping up with us, too.

You have really done great with your weight loss!! That is quite a bit per week. I hope I can do as well.

ok i was wondering about the pre op diet!! I am allerigic to milk, but can tolerate small amounts if cooked in food: so what kind of preop diet would i do with Dr Hekier, surely there r options for me out there!! anyone have any ideas

donna

Hi Blondylocks. Hmmmm that is a tough one. I am not sure what they do about the pre-op when you are allergic. I would just call PS and ask them it. I am sure there is something. I am not allergic to anything unfortuneately.haha. Just kidding. Actually the pre-op wasn't discussed the last time I was there. I am going to either call them or go see them next week to discuss it in more detail next week. Have to run now. Good luck. I may be out of pocket for a few days, but I will return.

Hey Blondylocks, that's a tough problem. I suggest calling the Dr's office and ask them what you need to be doing. I'm sure they will be able to help you. Let us know what happens, k?

lisa

WELL THEY TOLD ME THAT ANY GOOD PROTIEN DRINK WOULD DO SO LONG AS IT IS UNDER 180 CALORIES PER SERVING .. I HEARD THAT GNC HAD SOME PRETTY GOOD NON LACTOSE PROTIEN DRINKS:biggrin1: I MIGHT MAKE IT YET LOL!!!!

Well good... Problem solved. You'll make it. Not everyone's road is smooth. I had my share of bumps and potholes, believe me.

lisa

Hey all...hope you are all doing well...just wondering if any of you are feeling run down and extra tired than usual...any suggestions on why that would be and what I need to do?...:bored

Vlynnfogg. Hi. The first thing you should do is call the drs. ofc. and discuss it with them. That is the surest and safest. Are you taking your Vitamins regularly? I think, and of course this is just my opinion, that sometimes your body needs time to adjust to the lesser amount of food you are taking in. Along with the kind of food being consumed. Your blood sugar has probably changed along with many other things. Your body might be screaming, hey, what's going on here? Some people may feel a little tired after surgery. It has only been a couple of weeks, but if you aren't feeling too well, call PS and I am sure they will fill you in on what is normal and what is not. If the staff doesn't know they ill ask the dr. and get back to you. I can see I will be asking more questions when I go back to see them next week. Take care, hope you feel better soon. I feel sure you will, you may just need a little more time. Be sure to take in your nutritional needs.

Hi vlynnfogg. And everyone else. I feel kinda run down also. I know my BP is running lower than usual. PCP has had me start monitoring BP and cutting one of my meds in half. Maybe, I can quit taking it soon! I agree with sugarbear. Our bodies need time to get used to the changes the band brings on. Hang in there. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I guess I'm in the same boat. I hope we feel better soon.

Hi LisaG. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I am glad you checked with your pcp. Blood pressure and blood sugar amoung other things can certainly change the way you feel. I would think when you change your food consumption as drastically as bandsters do it would just have to change the balance in the body. I took some bp meds one time to get mine down and I drug around for about 2 or 3 weeks. Then things evened out. Hope you and Vlynn both feel better soon.

Thanks guys for the help...just wanted to share with you all a website that I have found that is great...(you may already have come upon it)...it is www.my-calorie-counter.com it is an online journal that allows you to put in what you are eating daily and exercise and tracks the # of calories, Protein, etc...that you are taking in each day...I have really gotten into it and it has helped me see when I am getting in enough calories or when my protein intake is low...it does cost a little for FULL access but you can still use it for free, just limited on what you get access to...it also tells how many calories you burn when you are doing your exercise....try it and see how you like it :hungry:

Hi everyone! I went by Precision Surgery and had a talk with them this week. I feel better about everything. I got answers to all my questions and reassurenses to all my doubts. I talked with Betty, she is so informative and nice to boot. I never felt rushed. She was very nice to take up time with me. I have heard good things about everyone there, but I have only talked with her at length. Anyway, as far as I now everything is a go for March. Touch base again in a day or two.

Hi everyone, hope all are doing great...I have been posting some on the "December Bandsters", but haven't forgotten about you guys...

Haven't had much weight loss the past two weeks and beginning to get a little discouraged...I really haven't changed alot about how or what I am eating, but my exercise routine hasn't been much to speak of lately, so I am hoping that is part of my problem...My husband and I have been working out a bit, but my walking has slowed down (mainly due to weather)...I am gonna set me a goal for the week to do my strengthening exercise and walk, too, and see if there is a difference.

Again, hope all of you are doing great and hope your week goes well...

Hi Vlynnfog. 35 pounds ! WOW. What are you talking about girl? That is great!! 35 pounds in less than 8 weeks! I wish I were as far along as you. Heck, I'm not even banded yet. I start my pre-op Wed. I dread it. But I know I have to do it to be successful. I am too old to be back tracking. Wished I had done this at your age. That would have been right after my last son was born. I am sure you hit plateaus once in a while so don't get discouraged. You have come a long way. I hope I can do as well, but I am older and the older you are sometimes the harder it is. Keep up the good work. Don't forget about us here at Texarkana Bandsters.

Hi all! I was banded 2//7/07. I go for my post op check up thursday. (2/22). I am having trouble with 2 things...One...I am HUNGRY and two..I am burned out on the foods I have been eating...(or drinking..:phanvan )

I haven't lost much weight but I can tell in inches... I am hoping if we fill that it will help.

Any suggestions??

By the way...all of you are right. the crew at PS are GREAT!!!