Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

oh wana i thought u had a date i heard from lisa early this morning she said sha was ok and no my husband isn't having sx he's a skinny fart and i have not gained any this last 2 weeks which is surprising because i've ate all the stuff just not as much as last yr. and i havenot exercised much i had a bad cold last week and didn't feel like walking and i don't have an excuse for this week

i'm sad today my husband and i had to bury my mom's dog today she got run over by a car. we live in the country and the dog was a farm dog and she wasn't in a fenced in yard and mother lives on a very busy farm market road and we all knew that the dog would probably get hit but is was so sad mother is 83 and had really got attached to the dog.

sorry you had to listen to all my problems

susan

That is sad...... we kinda live in the country too and we usually let our dog run free and he is having to be put on a chain right now and he is so depressed. I feel sorry for him... He is a golden retriever. How long has your mom had her dog?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know, that I'm here and doing ok, except for fact, that I'm blowed up like a balloon. lol I just re-read some posts from the last few I posted. Man, I musta been more foggy headed that I thought. lol Thanks again for the prayers!

lisa

Well it's time for me to turn around if I'm going to (*cancel appointments)...I tell my self on Monday I have all of these test,,,, am I for sure it's sure alot of money.... and guess what I don't even think twice about it.... and I'm even try to be tight with my money.... but I figure I'm gonna spend money anyway why not spend it on something to change my life.....

:clap2:

Good morning everyone! I'm doing fine. I'm still a little sore around the port area, but other than that, ok. Haven't posted much lately cause when the family is home, I don't do internet. Being with them is more important than some ole computer. Anyway, I feel good this morning. Ready for the day. The little man goes back to school this morning, so I guess I will have a quiet day. (notice I said "I guess". You never know around here) Talk to yall later, k?

lisa

Lisa G, Glad you are doing ok ! Who did your actual surgery? I have approval for surgery but haven't set a date. Trying to find out how much this is going to cost me. My insurance will pay 50% up to a certain amount about, about 25% of the cost. I pay them a fortune every month and this is what they pay........I will have to save the words for how I feel about that. I am thankful they pay something, but I think they should pay like any other surgery. The hospital is trying to figure out how much I will be out of pocket. I know there is lab, anesthesia, and not sure what else. I don't want any surprises. Well, glad everything went good for you and you are feeling ok. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Hi Sugarbear, I was wondering about you this morning. I remember seeing Dr. Hekier, but I think Dr.Keilin was there also (I haven't actually looked her in the eye) I may be wrong, but I think they work as a team. The anesthesologist gave me a goofy injection just before we went thru the doors to the OR and told me I could sing if I wanted too. I THINK I declined. (I hoped I did anyway lol) But in answer to your question, Dr. Hekier was my surgeon. Other costs you might look for is X-Ray and Dr. costs for reading the x-ray. The film will be billed from the hospital. ( most likely) Another charge will probably come from the Dr's office (who read it). Same with the EKG. Hope this helps and if I can help with anything else, let me know, k? Oh, I'm glad you got approval and I hope things go as well for you as they did for me. The staff at Wadley were really great to me.

lisa

Just got a call from Wadley in Texarkana. Someone else is working on the cost for me. Still hoping to get some kind of out of pocket figure (average). I know some take longer than others, or things come up but I need to have some kind of figure here. I don't have a bottomless check book. haha. I have Ar Blucross Blue shield and it pays 50% for this procedure. If I didn't have such a high premium I could afford the surgery better. On top of that it has a max payout, about 25% of the total cost. Crappy. Has anyone else got this type of insurance policy? I am interested on how much you out of pocket was. Thanks for everones help.

Well, still waiting on the call from Wadley. I don't know how some people go into this without knowing what it is going to cost them. I know it is worth it and all that but I have to be practical. I know what my budget will take and what it won't. Can't bring a hardship on my family. My husband works very hard for our money.

Sugarbear,,,, I also had Arkansas Blue Cross, and they paid the usual 50%,, which left me owing the hospital about 2300.00. They are in my network so they had to accept the pay schedule for in-network providers. I paid them 600.00 on the day of the surgery, Dr. Heiker got 700.00, but they ended up refunding over 300.00 back to me when insurance paid them. The hospital bill also included what insurance didn't pay for the sleep study that I had there 2 days begore my surgery. I got a very small bill(less than 25.00) for lab work, and another small bill from radiology for reading my barium swallow I guess, they read something... Anyway, my hubby is having it the end of January, so we know what we will be out of pocket since we use the same insurance. Hope this helps you some, and by the way, Wadley will let you set up payment schedule for your part if you need to since they got there money from your insurance for the most part. Mizboo

Mizboo, thank you so much for the info. That is the most solid info I have recieved from anyone including hospital. One other question, how about the anesthisia people? Hope I am not bugging you too much.

Thanks again.

Mizboo, do you live close to the Texarkana area? I am glad I ask to hear from T-Town bandsters. There are more and more posting. I really like hearing from those that are using the same surgeons and their experiences. Everyone seems so positive. I haven't read one bad thing in this thread.

I'm doing hunky doorie and how are you this fine Sunday afternoon? There is one thing.... I'm hungry. BUT I SHALL OVERCOME!! lol So, if I don't reply, I have shriveled up and blown away. (no, I'm leaving the inside of this house in search of something to keep me occupied)

Susan, I hope your mom is doing better. I know how hard it is to loose your best friend. I had a Red Heeler for 13 years. She was my little girl, protector and best friend. She was with me 24/7. We went thru alot together and I still miss her. She has been gone for 4 years.

Well, girls, I gotta git, my head says it's hungry. I think I will take a walk. Everyone have a good day.

lisa