Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thanks wish412. I am glad that your husband is doing so well. Keep us posted on his progress. Tell him I am rootin for him. I know that liquid diet must be hard. I think it is great you both are going to be eating the same and taking care of yourselves in the same way. I think that would make it much easier. Good luck.

Hello...just found you guys and am so excited to find someone who has something in common with me...I have read all of your posts and I, too, am a PS patient...I was banded on Dec. 28th and am down 28 lbs as of yesterday...(Sundays are my weighing day)...I am still learning all the things that go along with the band...My husband is working on his paperwork etc. to get the band...hopefully in the next couple of months...he has been an excellent partner in all of this...he has done the liquid, mushies, pureed, along with me so I wouldn't be tempted or discouraged...now, I guess I will have to do it with him when it is actually his turn...hahahaha...I hope we can keep this thread going because I actually feel like I could talk with you guys and feel a part of the group...Thanks...:clap2:

Hey vlynnfogg, Welcome aboard! You are doing great! I was banded December 29th. I have lost 16 pounds. I haven't weighed in a couple of days. I try to keep myself from weighing every day, but sometimes, I just don't make it. lol

Keep up the good work! Have a good day!

lisa

Also, good luck to your husband. I just know yall will both do great. What better support group can you have??

lisa

Hello vlynnfogg and welcome! I am glad you found this thread too. I am not a bandster yet but hope to be in March. Trying to line up my finances ect. If no disasters come along I plan on having the surgery when PS confirms the date. It sounds like you are doing great! This is a good place for support. I assume you go to the PS support meetings too? I am not even banded yet and I have had all kinds of support and encourage from people at lap band talk. I especially enjoy this thread because it is close to what I am going to experience, starting with the doctors, the facility, and then of course post surgery life and concerns. Sounds like you have a great husband! Mine needs this too but we just can't both do it too close together for financial reasons. Not sure if he will commit to that drastic a life style change either. That will have to be his decision. I hope you husband gets through the paper work soon. Good luck to you both, Once again WELCOME!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes...I have really worked hard to make this work...sometimes I think I am not eating ENOUGH...I am still afraid to eat more than I am supposed to, in fear of doing something wrong sometimes and then I find myself getting hungry to the point that my stomach starts growling...I wonder if when I get to start eating regular food, if I am going to be ready or still reluctant and want to eat soft and mushy...My husband got the call today that they are sending his paperwork to the insurance... our insurance paid 100% on my surgery but we don't think they will his...so, he is prepared himself for the idea that he may not get to do it, or that we may have to pay out-of-pocket...ouch!! He really only needs to lose about 45 lbs...He is a big guy (muscular), so a lot would be too much, i think...

vlynnfogg, hi again. I am not sure about the weight criteria for WLS. I was thinking you have to be more than 45 lbs overweight. I believe your BMI has to be at a certain number too. But I guess they can tell you all about that at PS. I guess the insurance has guide lines too. Boy that is great how your insurance paid 100%. First time I have heard that. Good for you! Mine only pays 50% after my $500 deductible. Who do you have for insurance? Mine is BCBS (True Blue). I am sure you relax a little about your eating after a little more time passes. Just try to eat nutritiously. You are aiming for better health. I have read about a lot of slippages and pouch dialations, ect. It is scary, and I am not even banded. For the most part it seems if you follow your guidelines by the doctor and the nutritionist you should do just fine. Hope things work out for your husband. Take care and keep us posted.

Hello All. I have a surgery date. 3-7. Soooooooooo, I guess it won't be long and I will be entering bandland along with many others here. Finally got details worked out ect. I believe Dr. Keilin will be doing the surgery with her husband assisting. It is my understanding they usually work together. I go see them this week to finalize the details. Will start the liquid diet the 21rst of Feb. Keep me in your thoughts.

Hello all...Sorry I haven't been able to get on in a while, my computer has been on the brink and not been working right...I am so proud, Sugarbear that you are getting closer to "THE DAY"...I know you are a week down on your pre-op diet...how is it going? Just keep thinking, there is a goal and you want to reach that goal..."Day of Surgery"...I go for my first fill tomorrow...kindof nervous, not knowing what to expect and all, but I will get through it...I didn't lose this week, I hope that having a fill will help get me back to losing again...Good Luck and I will keep in touch, now that I am up and running again...

Hello to you Lisa G...I noticed that you have lost some more...Way To Go!!! I am so proud of you...I try to look and see how everyone is doing...it encourages me to see all of you losing...I guess it's kind of a group thing, too!!!

Sorry for the ignorance, Sugarbear, just noticed you said FEB. 21st you start your pre-op diet...Keep in mind, I teach Kindergarten and it takes me a bit to get it right...

Quick advice...something that really helped me a lot before surgery and to get myself ready for eating slow and taking small bites (I got this advice from a friend who had this done a year ago)...go buy you some baby spoons and start eating your food with them...I know it seems weird, but it helps to train yourself to eat slower and take smaller bites and you will find that you will learn to do it...then, when it comes time to eat real food again, your not trying to do this, at the same time you feel like you are going to starve...

Hello Lisa and vlynn. Thanks for the encouragement and the advice. I need them both. Now that I have a date it all seems a lot more serious. I am open to any and all sugestions. I want to do the right things so I will be successful and avoid the problems of dialation, slippage, and erosion. I think those are about the only things that can go wrong with this approach to weight loss. I am bigger than I ever have been in my life. That includes pregnancies. Isn't that awful? Well, I feel awful about it too. I even feel bad that I don't have the willpower to do this on my own. But I don't. But I just have to do something. Every year I just get bigger. This is the only way I can think of to regain control of my weight. If I ever get back to a "normal size," I have vowed to myself to NEVER get back to this. It is physically and emotionally draining. Thanks again for your support.