Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I agree, I don't know how I can still eat, of course, I have only had one fill, but I have heard of others who have not had any fills. That is what is frustrating to me, I KNOW that I am not to compare myself with others, I didn't even want to know how much he put in, because I did not want to mentally mess myself up worrying about it or comparing my fill to others.

I finally broke my plateau, by only a pound but at least maybe that is a start, I hope.

I still worry that mine is not working, since I am able/wanting to eat more than a few ounces. They keep telling me that I would not even be able to swallow if it had slipped or anything was wrong.

I guess we need to remember the slower it is, the less problem with loose skin, I just thought/hoped it would be a little faster. BUT, WE WILL GET THERE!!

All have a great day,

addy

I had my surgery on May 7th. I only lost about 1 pound from a week after surgery until my 2nd fill. I couldn't even tell I had a band until the 2nd fill. That was 3 weeks ago and I've lost about 5 pounds since then. I also am walking almost everyday. I go back in August too. I still want a little fill. I am not eating nearly as much as before but I still get hungry & my portions are still too large.

I also wanted to throw in that I haven't thrown up or pb'd at all. I do get that chest pain when I eat too much & the left shoulder pain. I also had that burning sensation at the port area about a week ago. That was the first time so I was glad to see y'all mention it.

Everything went well. I used the same doc as addy. I didn't even know they had done anything when I woke. I thought I was still waiting to go back. Thye didn't find anything wrong with my band, but did find gastritis in the bottom stomach, that the doc thought was either a little too much stomach acid or the beginnings of a bacterial infection that he biopsied. He gave me an antacid and told me he would call in antibiotics if it proved to be bacterial. I guess I actually KNOW now that I just let stress get to me too much and my band gets too tight. I'm going to make an extra effort to relax!

lo2us Yea that is over for you !!! I wish sometimes I could see inside what is going on, I just know my pouch is huge !!! LOL. It has to be. I can eat way too much. I am trying to go slow and be good, yes, stay in that box too. I am very disappointed in that i havent really lost anything since march. Time is just passing by soooo fast. That fill yesterday didnt really do much. I might be at my sweet spot, but I cant tell yet. No pbing, just head hunger.

I'm re-committed today. I hope to lose that weight I gained by the 12th when I follow up with the docs. I've already lost 2lbs this week!

Thank you JRFAN88, I hope I will get another fill on the 14th when I go, maybe then I will start feeling full. I told Dr. H that at first I could only eat 1/2 of a lean cuisine and now I can eat a whole one ( I didn't tell him I could eat even more) and he just said DON'T eat more than half, train yourself. I wanted to say if I could train myself, I would not be here, LOL :biggrin: That was at my first fill, so I am looking forward to the next one. And, those next 5 lbs :angry:

lo2us, congratulations, I am glad that all was well. Congrats on the add. weight loss. I wish sometimes that we all could have just ready access to an x-ray machine just to check it out :thumbup:

TPAGERN I agree, I think my pouch is stretched to the max, I usually only feel "full" when I drink.

I don't know whether the liquid hits a "full" stomach an hour later or whether I just drink to fast. I miss my straw so much. I feel so thirsty and like I cannot drink fast enough to get satisfied. I guess it is just a learned habit, drinking with a straw. I forgot one day and ordered tea and before I really realized it I had drank the whole 32 oz glass with the straw, well at first I thought "WOW, I can drink from a straw, woo hoo, with no problems" well my stomach blew up like a balloon and I was belching like crazy. Plus belly pain, so NO more straws. :mellow: I also think I have a problem with gulping to much air, when I drink. My stomach bloats up everyday and all night I have gas, gone the next morning, anyone else?? any solutions??? I have been very thankful, have not yet vomited or even had pb's.

Well, wish everyone a great day and again lo2us, so glad all went well.

addy

Hello everyone. Haven't been on for awhile, just been busy this summer. Lo2us, glad everything went good with the test. I did not realize they put you to sleep for that? Exactly what do they call that test? I figured it would be simular to an upper GI. You have been stressed since the end of last school year so don't be so hard on yourself. Like you said, just recommit, start over, and you will be on your way again.

For those of you that are kinda new...Welcome! Many do not realize any change with the first 2 or 3 fills. Sometimes more. The opening of everones stomach is different. Therefore the band fits differently around everyones opening. If you have a large opening the band will fit tighter than someone with a smaller opening. Also, it depends on the size band. A medium band may fit your stomach closer, or looser, than the same size band would fit mine. So when the band is being filled, even with the same amount of saline, it will fit differently on different people. We have seen some in the support group meeting that lost all their weight on 2 or 3 fills. Some, many fills. So don't become discouraged on the after effects of two or three fills. Stick to your band rules and it will all fall into place. Not that that isn't easier said than done. LOL Many of you are just getting started on your journey. Hang in there!!! I have had two unfills and went back Monday and had lost 4 pounds. Not much but, better than what I have been doing for a while. I must post more often, I sure got long winded!!:biggrin:

It's called an EGD test. I was out of it most of the day yesterday and don't remember much except being relieved that it wasn't erosion.

well, I hope you are all doing well, I am kind of disgusted with myself. I am still stuck with the same weight, I am feeling really fat today. I went to church this morning and I had my cup of coffee (which I hate) and then did not really have time to eat Breakfast. It was 1:15 before I got to eat. When I got home, my husband had stuff for me to do, so finally I got to eat, and really I just wanted to drink a gallon of Water, but can't drink for 30 min. before or an hour after. I am still waiting to have a drink not till 2:15. I cannot seem to get any kind of a schedule. I am so thirsty all the time, I don't seem to ever get enough to drink, because of the time of eating. My husband is a truck driver so he leaves "early" every morning. I get up and have my coffee, then do my bible study, then I don't feel like eating, because it is so early and I need to go back to bed. I go back to sleep and usually get up around 8:00, then I have to start the coffee mess over again, right?? Because I layed back down right??? I don't know how to break these old habits, I use to go all day without eating, and then go crazy when I did eat. I catch myself falling back into those old habits. I liked it better when my stomach was swollen so that I could only eat a little, it seemed like I really concentrated on eating 4 small meals a day, because my stomach would scream for food, LOL. I have told my family that my stomach would growl, and my pouch would be meowing :teeth_smile:

Sorry for whining, I said I was going to quit that, but I cannot tell everyone, or they will say "Well, you didn't have to have it" I would not go back and undo it, I guess I just thought it would be different results. I could eat so little when I was swollen that I ate good, made good choices and made myself stay on a schedule. Now that it doesn't seem to matter, old habits are slipping back in.

Well, thanks for the ear, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Like I said I go back next week and hopefully get the 2nd fill. I know God allowed me to have this, so He will see me through.

addy

Hi all I have my surgery date for Aug.22 with Dr. K at the surgery center......Hang in there Addy, Im sure things will get better, Im really getting excited about starting this journey, start my pre op diet the 8th. How much did yall lose on the pre op diet? Thanks for all your post, Ivebeen reading every day trying to find out all I can about the band....Wishing you good health

:biggrin:

Edited by Time4Me2

Welcome time4me! Hang in there, the preop was the hardest part for me.

Addy, What time do you get up with hubby? Maybe you could exercise instead of going back to bed? Then have breakfast and some Water. If you're tired then, take a mid morning nap? For some reason since I've been banded, I wake really early very often. I have my coffee, "Walk Away the lbs" shower and get ready for work. This is on the days I don't go to the gym. I kind of like it because exercise is OUT of the way all day then. I also use Protein supplements when I don't have time to eat. I like EAS drinks you can get at Walmart and those protein bullets you can get a Joe smoothies called any whey. Maybe you can try sf hot chocolate or hot tea instead too.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I've been where you are.

Hey Addy,

I was banded 2 weeks before you on may 23rd. and i know what you mean. I too seem to be having trouble getting all my Water in and i feel frustrated about the 30 min. before and hour after. I am really thirsty after i eat but i just wait my hour and sometimes forget by then. I have my 2nd fill coming up aug. the 11th and i'll be so glad. I had a lot of restriction up until about a week and a half ago and now i can definitely eat more than i could and get hungry sooner. Exercise is my hardest thing right now. When school starts i'll be a lot more focused and be able to get more done without hearing "mama, mama, mama" constantly. I have been swimming about 3 times a week at my friends house and we do exercises in the water. I know things are just trial and error right now so i'm not super upset. I'm pretty optimistic about the road ahead!

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good summer. I haven't posted in a really long time. My weight is really coming off slow. I can't seem to get to the sweet spot with my band. I am hungry all the time right now. I hate being like that.

Peri, are your parents Chan & Gloria?

Have a great day,

Patricia

Hey all, I feel better today, thanks for the shoulders and encouraging words. I tried going back to the liquid portion for a few days. I already feel better. Just kind of feeling in control again. I am sorry to get on here and whine :thumbup: but like I said, everyone else would not understand and tell me I shouldn't have had it. I was and am glad to have it. Anyone who has not had it yet, please don't let me discourage you. I would have it again, tomorrow!!

They just called from Dr. H's office and moved my appt. from the 15th to the 19th with Dr. K. I am really hoping for a fill then. I go back to Water aerobics tonight and I really need it. I know that will help me.

Is the meeting this month on the 12th? I haven't got the date down yet. 2nd Monday of the month?

thanks again, have a great day everyone :thumbup:

addy

lo2us, I get up at 3:30 or 4:00 depending on what time he has to leave. I usually don't go back to take a nap until 8:00 or so , depends on what I am doing, how sleepy I am. Bible study, picking the garden, straightening up the house, etc.. whatever until I get sleepy again. I will try to do some exercise, maybe when it cools down some I can walk in the mornings. You are right, it would be nice to know that it is out of the way. I have missed walking every evening this last week, because I walk at 8:00pm, and I have been busy each night. So, it would be good to know that I had it out of the way, anything else (water aerobics) would just be icing on the cake. :thumbup:

addy