Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

They finally got back to me! I'm scheduled for a fill on the 28th. I'll talk to him again about the endscopy next time then.

I had to have another unfill in May. Dr. H wants to take a look, he still suspects a small hernia. He's also concerned because I'm not having a consistant fill volume like everybody else. I'm reluctant, because I'm just not up to another surgery unless it's life threatening. I've decided to at least let them look though, maybe it will expalin the tightness for no reason. If it does need repair, then I'll think about having it in the summer if it really is hindering my progress. I know that I was under the most sinificant stress of this past year in May...Dr. K told me in December that stress can play a part in being too tight. I didn't realize the stress at the time and didn't say anything to Dr. H. then. I'm going to discuss it again on the 28th and then if I can find time before school starts to have the endoscopy, I will. I don't know where we will go from there, though. When I had that upper GI last November, they were looking for that hernia then too and couldn't find anything other than stress.

hello everyone,

I have been trying to take care of my mother in law who had a pacemaker and then complications with BP.

I have been reading back over some of the postings, Lo2us, WOW we got banded on the same day and you have done so well. I am stuck, I have only lost 21lbs and I am staying the SAME! At least I am not gaining, but it is kind of frustrating. I haven't been able to resume Water aerobics because of my incisions, they are still bruising and swelling.

I went for my first fill on the 8th of July and Dr. H was unable to find my port, has this happened to anyone else???? I was scheduled to go to hospital and have it filled under x-ray, but something came up and I am trying to reschedule for next Wed. He said there was to much swelling and brusing to find it. He did not want to stick me anymore. I am kind of glad though, at least this way they can look and see if everything is ok. I am so afraid that something has moved. I am praying that when I get my fill, I will start losing again. I am riding my stationary bike and working in the garden, best I can.

Just wondering what I am doing wrong, trying so hard to stay in the "box"!

Any suggestions from anyone??

thanks,

addy

lo2us,

Sorry, I just noticed the 6-6 date, not the year, you are a year ahead of me, you are such a great inspiration to know that I will be doing that great next year.

addy

Just hang in there. It took a while for the swelling to go down for me too. I lost the weight I have very quickly and have been at a stand still since October 07. I'm only half way through. You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel this time next month! Thank you for the kind words. I hope to be at Txarka meeting tonight.

I totally forgot about the meeting last night. I have got to start marking my calendar each month so as not to miss them. I went to one pre-op and I really enjoyed it. I go tomorrow at 9:00 am to the hospital to have my fill done under fluoro. I hope this starts the weight coming off, at least I have not gained. I am ready to go back to Water aerobics, hopefully next week.

addy

hey glo did you and lou make it to the meeting lou asked me to go with you guys but i was tired and just didn't want to make the trip!!! bet you guys had a good time!!addy, about half of my fills have been under flouro and it is a piece of cake only one stick that way, my port has been a challenge for both the drs. right from the very begining, and sometimes it can be hit at the office and sometime they just can't get it in the right spot so off to the hospital we go, would not be so bad but i am self pay and 2 year out so i have to pay and hospital fills cost 2x more!!!

Wow, that is what I am afraid of having to have all of them in hospital. Have they said, why you have to go back to the hospital each time? Does it move or what? I am going to ask them to put a perm. mark on it. I cannot afford it either, but I guess I will!! I hope this will be the last time to go for fluoro. I can feel it, I wonder why they cannot get it? Well, like I said this first time, I would rather have it under x-ray, so they can look at everything else. Thanks for the heads up. I was a little nervous about it, it bruised so bad, after the last attempts. Surely one will not bruise.

addy

Morning everyone,

Yes, Susan, we went. It was a lot more informative to me than the one we had in MP. We are planning to go next month, so LouAnn said to ask if you and Lisa wanted to go, we can all ride together. We were home (Omaha) a little after nine. LouAnn received her 50 & 75 lb pins. LOL

I hope that I can get mine next month. I'm walking 3 miles everyday.

Ms.Betty said that the 100 calorie Snacks didn't have any nutritional (sp) value in them, thus not good for us. Guess, I'll have to eat ALL of mine and not buy anymore. Also, we need to stop eating after 5:30 pm if we are going to bed around 9 or 10 (3-4 hrs), exercise FIVE days a wk. They REALLY make you accountable there, for every excuse they have a solution, LOL.

Bad feet-nothing is wrong with your arms, got a craving or a addiction-eat yogurt instead of Cookies. Hope that you and Lisa can go with us next month.

Lisa, where are U?

Today, I'm staying in my box.

Edited by A lot less

Looking for some one who has been banded by Dr.K in the last few months. Also do you have insurance? I think that I have everything in but I don't know when they are going to send in to my insurance.

i was banded by dr. K on may 23rd....i had insurance....i'll be glad to answer any of your questions...however i am still new at this!

Aligmamma:

How long were you having to deal with the insurance. I went to the seminar on June 11 and went in to see Dr.K on 6/16 and I've already done 2 sleep test,nutrition, and psy evaluation. As far as I know they have all of my records. I'm a little anxious to have the surgery because I have to go back to work on Aug 18 and time is running out. They seem extremely busy at the office. My ins is Highmark-BCBS.

Are you satisfied with your surgery? My BMI is around 47 and I have high BP but keep it under control with meds.

Edited by ws467

Addy:

How long did it take for you to be approved or have a surgery date set? I'm working on trying to get approved and everything seems to be moving slowly.

Hi Hippmom Im new to this, I have my first appt set for 7/28/08. I think by what im reading that you were self pay? I will be too, what all was required before you could have your surgery. Im having it at the Surgery Center. Thank you, Im a little nervous and excited at the same time.