Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

it took me about 2 months to get everything done. The day i went in for my first appt. mrs. betty told me that my insurance co. said they would pay for it as long as i met the criteria.....sleep study...psych eval...bmi...comorbities. i met them all and had no trouble at all with my ins. i had bcbs anthem.

i would call and just check in with them and see if the ins. has approved. sometimes it takes longer than others depending on your ins.

They have seemed super busy in the office to me too. When i went in for my first fill I was in and out in like 15 min. I sort of felt like i was forgetting something or missing something but i guess it was fine!

t4m2

i had to do sleep study and i think that was all but remember i had the surg. 2year ago)i was the surgery center's 1st) i think it all happen in less than a month from the seminar meeting!!!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know a few things to watch for.

I got sinus drainage a little over a month ago, no big deal , wrong. I just got out of the hospital because of it. My band stopped dumping, would not even let Water out.

I had a fill on Monday, by that night I was doing a little PB'ing, it was settling down on Tuesday, until I went to bed. I was sleeping on 2 pillows, having to get up every few minutes to empty my throat.

I went back on Wednesday to get some fill taken out, I ate the cracker with no problems, again everything looked great until bedtime.

I was so weak by Friday I went back again, by now I had lost 12 pounds. Dr. H. sent me to have a swallow test done, and I was told to wait there until they called him with the results.

Next thing I knew here was Dr. H. I told myself, this isn't good.

He took out a needle full and redid the test, took another needle full out and redid the test, even with 2 needles full removed the Fluid was still there.

You guessed it, I went upstairs to the bed and spent the night with an iv and potassium for the dehydration.

Dr. H said if I had waited I would have been at the point of passing out.

Don't put it off if you can't keep the food down.

I am to call Monday and get an appoitment to start the fills again, it would be nice if at least part of the 12 pounds forgot where they had came from....

I seem to be addicted to this website and i've read alot about the eating and drinking thing. I have discovered for myself that i MUST wait an hour after my meal to drink. It hurts if i don't. The other day i was so so so thirsty and tried to sip my tea before it was time. The heartburn was unbearable and i paid for it for about 2 hours. I also was wondering if anyone has any strange "signs" that they are full. I always get a sharp pain in my back...like the middle of the left side of my back. It's so strange to me.

I have had the left shoulder pain... now i know it is from being too full or drinking too soon.

Hey everyone!

I get a hiccup. Then, it's over. I know not to eat anymore.

Hope everyone is doing fine. I have been very busy. Just no time to post. Haven't lost a pound. Getting verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy frustrated. I think I need that fill that Dr. H. took out last time. Had a appointment for Monday, but had to cancel. VBS this week, no way to make the trip to Txrkna. I'm kinda hesitant to come anyway, I know I'm gonna get the sermon. I just don't get it. I'm staying in the box like I'm supposed to, but......... :thumbup: nuthin. Oh well..... just gonna keep trying. Maybe, I should start exercising more. More???? Did I just say that? lol

Yall stay cool. Drink your Water.< /p>

Talk to everyone later,

lisa

Hello everyone,

Glad to hear from you, Lisa. How are things going with the house? Yes, I understand about the lbs. I am still walking every morning, I get up at 5:00 a.m. to walk. I am going to try lifting weights next wk. Do you or Hippmom come to MP much? That fitness center near State Farms will let you use the machines for $5.00. I'm going to try there. I think that they open around 5 in the a.m. I guess us SLOW LOSERS will have to up the exercise like crazy.:w00t: LOL

I was in Memphis the last few days. We had a nice time.:thumbup: DH's job sent us and paid our way. We stayed downtown and saw a few things. We ate goooood food, but thank goodness I couldn't eat a lot (saved the bank a lot of money, LOL). The hotels were outrageous (guess cause we were close to everything). Went on Beale st, hope we can go again, but not on business, but it was nice to get out of town. I think someone on this site visits Tenn, but I can't remember. If one of you does, could you give me advise where to go beside Graceland.

Addy:

How long did it take for you to be approved or have a surgery date set? I'm working on trying to get approved and everything seems to be moving slowly.

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been on, I have been working in the garden and canning.

ws467, it seems like it took a long time, but really less than a year I guess. I went to one of the meetings and then I had to wait, because I am on Medicare. They were just starting to approve (or think about it) after I went to see about it. I had to have sleep study, psych exam, nutritionist for 4 months, and because I had history of reflux, I had to have an EGD, which showed I had a hiatal hernia. I broke my back and have had several surgeries and need another, so I needed the surgery to help with that also. Once Medicare started taking people, I was approved pretty quickly, because I had already filled out everything and was on the waiting to contact list. I know this is long, but that is what all happened.

Aligmamma, I get terrible chest pain when I am "to full" or have eaten something that I did not chew good. I thankfully, have not thrown up, but I really get a lot of pressure on my chest when I am full.

I try to stop before I am full, but, I just got my first fill last week and I don't feel any different. Kind of disappointing. I know that it may take more fills, but I really was hoping to tell some difference. I am frustrated because of my back, I have trouble exercising and I am walking to the point of not being able to walk (having to go to bed after I walk) and staying in the box, I also get soooooo thirsty when I eat, but I wait, sometimes I wait to long, I get busy and forget what time it is, other times I sit there and count it down.

I know that it will come, from reading all of your encouragement, and watching your scales, but I guess I need to be a little more patient. I get tired of people asking me how much more have I lost, or watching what I eat. I guess just like any other diet, everyone wants to know.

I haven't been able to go to last two meetings, since I had surgery, but I plan on being there next month and hopefully that will get me back on track mentally. I appreciate all of you!

addy

I also wanted to ask, do any of you have burning or pulling sensation around your port? Mine seems to burn or hurt at the base of my ribs.

thanks,

addy

My surgery was may 23rd so not too long ago. I still have a burning or pulling sensation around my port area if i pick up something to heavy...sometimes it seems like i stretch or turn the wrong way and then it will burn for a while. I guess it just takes time.

It's been a little over a year and the burning/pulling in the port comes and goes a little less. I think I've gotten use to it.

I've gained at least 10lbs since May. I have no excuse...I didn't do a darn thing I was suppse to except take my Vitamins and go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I overate just because I could. I go to get a fill tomorrow (I hope), I guess I'll own up to it all. I have no one to blame but myself. Since work starts next week, it should be easier to get back on track. I thought I would just confess to y'all because I'm feeling bad that I fell off the truck for the first time. I knew when Dr. H took so much out in May, I would go hog wild...literally. Nothing to do now, but pick myself up and get going again!

Well, thanks for letting me know about the burning. I have such pain in the area around my port. I have been working in my garden, just picking it, and maybe that is what is keeping it stirred up.

I go back to the dr. in Aug. Do you automatically get another fill, when you go back if the first one did not do it? Or do you go back and then have to go back again for a fill?

My husband keeps telling me he can tell, even though the scales are not moving. I wish I had taken my measurements.

Don't worry about gaining, you caught it before you gained more, that is good, if I had caught myself when I first gained 10lbs, I wouldn't be here now, :thumbup: So you have done good to catch it now and start over.

Ya'll have a good day,

addy

I had a horrible day at the docs. I was so embarassed of gaining, I cried. Lots of stress hitting me from different sources all at once lately. My hubby helped a lot, he's a good guy!

I have the endoscopy at 6am Wednesday. I'll let y'all know what they find. I'm slightly nervous, but at least we'll really know what's going on then. I'm not sure who or when I follow up with, I will call tomorrow if I feel okay and ask.

Thanks for the encouragement, addy, I needed it!

when I had to have my EGD it was Dr. Balasakerian, I am sure that is spelled wrong. You will do fine, he was really nice and that is who DR. H sent me to. Just hang in there, I will be praying for you.

addy

i gained too! I was scared to go back to the dr. He put in a itty bitty fill. I pray it helps me. I wish there was something that would stop me from overeating too ! I dont understand why we can eat sooo much with the band if we want to... I cant seem to get that full feeling that everyone seems to feel. Pray, pray and exercise !

I am exercising, he told me to step it up alot. WE can do it, others have done it before us....