Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

My insurance was denied because I don't have 6 months of a drs supervised diet. We turned in 9 mo of ww but that wasn't good enough. They claim that this is all that I need. I guess I will be waiting another 6 months. I have bbcbs-highmark. Does anyone know how I can get around this.

Hi everyone! I have been very slack about posting this summer. As always welcome to all new commers. I know I seem like a new commer but I have been around for well over a year. I have Arkansas BCBS, it did not require me to be on a supervised diet for any period of time. You might talk to the head of the insurance department at PS. If there is an alternate route I am sure they will know it. As for the slow weight loss.....I am a member of that club also. But I too am glad it isn't a 50 lb. gain. Which is the road I was on before being banded. It was slow but sure, just like the road I am on now, only it is going the other way. I missed the last meeting in Texarkana, can anyone update me on that? Lo2us did you go? I am not sure how to find an email address on here, but if you find mind send me your email address. Lisa, where are you??

sb

haven't seen lisa lately, but i get an email every week or 2 from her, i think she is at the same place i was about this time last year, just really discouraged and burned out because of slow weight loss and of course really busy with tanner

Hey all ! I am very very discouraged now with my band too. I cant believe in just a few days I will hit the first year and I havent lost since march! I am mad about it but I know that some people do this and then start losing again. Cant wait for that to happen. I am not sure about the fills anymore. I have to be careful still but at night, I can eat anything just about i want. Dont understand why i cant gt any weight off even when i am trying real hard. Just part of it I guess. The more have to lose, the faster it starts I have heard. Ya'll hang in there ! Everyone doesnt lose this slow I am sure. I have seen them on the web site getting to goal. The only thing I can do is keep trying !!

Tpagern,

I know that I have not been on here long, but I am discouraged, those of you who have had this for a while, Do you ever feel like the band is tight after a fill?? I loved the way I felt after surgery, (after I could eat of course :thumbup: I could only eat a small amount and I would eat about 5-6 times a day and be happy!! Now, I have to work hard not to eat. I would not have needed the surgery if I could have done that. How many fills does it take to get back to the post surgery feel?? Sometimes I even think if I didn't know better, I would swear I did not have surgery :party: I guess I just have to work harder. Sorry to complain, you all are so inspiring to me.

addy

Good morning everyone,

I understand all too well about the ,lose,gain, lose, and then not losing at all. TP, I made a yr too with only 50 lbs., dissapointed but, at the same time grateful for that much. :party:

Dr. H did say that the heavier you are the more weight you lose at first. I have slacked off my exercise (been very busy and stressed, I have family in Baton Rouge), but I'm going to start back today.

It is sometime a slow race but, the race is not given to the swift but, to the one that endures the race.

We can get this off and WE will make it our mark.

got a question about my "Time of Month" Dr. H. told me about 4 weeks ago at my appointment that some women's cycle affects the tightness of their band. Well a short history of my cycle is Sept. of 07 i had a period my next one was June of 08 and now this week. The one in june wasn't bad or painful but this week I feel like someone beat me up. I haven't had much trouble with being really hungry. I have only had 1 fill and that one was just a little one. I don't think i really know what being too tight feels like. But i feel like my stomach has been inflated with gas and that someone is squeezing my stomach. My cramps are also so bad (i think i need an epidural!) Anyway what i'm wondering is if this pain is from cramps and just my band being tight from my period or could it be something else? I don't think it's reflux because it doesn't feel the same as when i had reflux a while back.

Sorry Aligmamma, I don't have a "TOM" and very thankful I don't so I can't comment one way or another. Hope that you are feeling better.

Don't forget Hippmom that the mtg is the 3rd Monday, right?

Lisa <<<<<<<shouting>>>>>>>, we miss you. <<<<<huggggssss>>>>>

hey glo i thought the meeting was the 2nd monday????? which would be monday???? but i never get it right.

hey you and lou start listening i am about to get to onederland and when i do i am pretty sure you guys will hear the noise when i hit 199!!!!!!

Thanks, I'm finally feeling much better. I have an appointment monday so i'll ask them then about it. I joined Legends Gym on wed. and i've gone every day since. I enjoy it so far and I hope it helps me! My Birthday is Oct. 3rd. and i'd like to be under 200 by then. My scales have me weighing 5 pounds less than the dr.'s do so i'm going by my scales!

I'm still lurking from time to time. TM effects my band, as does everything else. UBER busy this year. I'll keep an eye on y'all but will be post less than last year. I have lost 8 (in 3 weeks!")of those 12lbs I gained, thanks to Dr. K's fill and being on prescription prilosec :lol: I'm much more comfortable now. I think we might have figured it all out!

Hi Yall!

I just wanted everyone to know I was alive. I have been busy with "things". You know how it is.

Yes, I am VERY, VERY, VERY discouraged. I haven't lost a pound in 6 maybe 8 months. I have all but quit trying. The harder I try, the more discouraged I get. I need to go see Dr. H, but just haven't had the time to get there. I know I need to have the un-fill put back in.

TOM affects my band. I can tell the week before. I get tight. Have done it since I got my band.

Gotta go. Time to go for the "official" weigh in for football. He's gettin big. Had a doctors appointment yesterday. (tonsillitis) 89.6 pounds.

Yall take care, will try to post later. Gotta a lot of reading to do so I will know what's been going on!

Lisa

i never thought i would get to post using nsv as the title but here it is!!!

first off you newbies just need to be patient remember i am over 2 years out!!!

i have not gone a day this week without someone, and usually more than more person, remarking on all the weight i have lost!!! finally people are noticing, up until now i could tell people could see something was different but usually they would commit on my hair or something like that, now they see it is weight not hairstyle that has change!!! YAY!!! it sure has taken a long to get here but finally they are noticing, and soon i am going shopping for size 14 blue jeans, the last time i bought anything under 18 was in 1975!!!!

so i am not bragging just trying to encourage you guys, even the slow turtle has finally started to loss!!!

HANG IN THERE!!!!

:shades_smile:

Hello all. Lisa, glad to see you posted. Everybody was worried. I was just going to tell everyone you were fine, then saw your post. The meeting in Texarkana has always been the 2nd Monday of the month since I have been going. 1 1/2 years. All you new people can always go to noscales.com to check the date for sure. There is always info on there posted by the doctor or nutricionist also. The support group meetings and seminar dates are usually. I am planning on going to the meeting tomorrow night. It is the second Monday of the month. So everyone come. Tomorrow night (Monday 7:00 p.m.) Wadley Hosp.

Many people take several fills before they fill "restriction." Everyone is different, some one or two....some three or more. Like me. The drs. try to be careful, a little at a time. Take care everyone. Hope to see a full house tomorrow night.