Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got egg drop Soup from the local Chinese and hit it with my stick blender and it was great! The ham was the hardest thing for me, o and the chocolate!

K sorry to bring this up buuut.... Hows the bowel movements going?? Im 5 days post op and no Constipation. And i know since its mainly liquids in itll be liquids out. But it just feels weird? Almost have to concentrate to let anything out. Very gassy too. Hard to explain sorry. Anyone else?? Its probably my most annoying thing im dealing with.

I was sleeved on the 6th of March so I guess that makes me a March "big sister". Don't let the constipation sneak up on you. I didn't think much about till about 5 day post op thinking liquid in, liquid out. WRONG!!!!

If you are released with the instruction to get in Liquid Protein you will need to poop. For me, surgery was a breeze. One night in the hospital, no nausea, no problem with liquids so I was rocking the Protein from the get go. Was getting in about 32 oz of Water one day post op and went up considerably from there. Currently, getting about 80 oz of Water each day. Taking in lots of protein without any Fiber whatsoever is a BM disaster waiting to happen. It took MOM, stool softeners and a suppository to get things going.

All I'm gonna say is my 9 pound baby didn't hurt nearly as much! I couldn't sit on my bum for a whole day after. Constipation has been far and away my biggest issue and continues to be. My Dr's plan was liquids for 3 weeks and then on to soft foods. Started them on Thursday so I am trying to get as much Fiber as I can but protein comes first. I am currently taking MOM, stool softeners, benefiber daily and it's still not pretty.

This is my experience, some have this issue and some have the opposite but I'm just here to say don't be fooled by the liquid in liquid out theory. Protein makes a lot of poop!

I am going to call the Dr. tomorrow and see if I can incorporate a prune each day into my diet.

Good luck all my fellow March sleevers! Hope it all comes out in the end. :P haha!

I'm not going to lie but I was miserable at Easter dinner. Every year my family cooks a big dinner and my sister made homemade keylime pie. I had 2 spoonfuls, then cried. After my self pity party my son and I went walking and that helped. I messed up but I refuse to give up and fail. I am feeling gassy now..

I'm not going to lie but I was miserable at Easter dinner. Every year my family cooks a big dinner and my sister made homemade keylime pie. I had 2 spoonfuls' date=' then cried. After my self pity party my son and I went walking and that helped. I messed up but I refuse to give up and fail. I am feeling gassy now..[/quote']

Stay strong it has to be more good days than bad after all u were focused enough to go through with this surgery so just dust yourself off and keep going :)

Ok, so at 1 week post op, I am feeling great, I am still struggling to get my fluids in like i should but i pee twice a day and and i haven't had a fever or low blood pressure so i think im ok for now, but i am trying really hard. So today was the first day since surgery that I actually FELT up to doing something...so we took the kids to Carowinds, which gave me the opportunity to walk as much as possible, but i did get a wheel chair just in case, which i am glad i did because my abdomen did start to hurt after a while and i was exhausted. When we got back home, i did some pureed food for my diet next week; so here's what I did:

So from top to bottom: beef from the Atkins Beef Merlot meal, its not quite "pureed" but its already pretty soft and any strands left i will remove before eating

Broccoli from the same meal, i did add alittle bit of seasoned Water that i used to boil potatoes in to getit the right texture

Canned potatoes, i boiled them in their own water and just added an extra can of water and seasoned it with salt and tiny bit of pepper

then i pureed them with lowfat plain greek yogurt, and seasoned it with just a bit of salt and a tiny bit of garlic

Then here are some frozen carrots that i nuked in the microwave and seasoned with salt and pepper and added a little bit of water to smooth em out

I will freeze these and put them in freezer bags and thaw over night in the fridge.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Easter was hard for me as well food was smelling and tasting Delicious,but I can only have a taste of this and a taste of that,,,uuuggghhhh!!!! I'm starting to realize that what I have done was the best decision I ever made because today I woulda put on additional 5lbs.Yaaaay me

Congratulations on making it through! I'm with you I believe it was the best decision I made. How long ago was you sleeved?

Thank you all for the encouragement.. today is a new day. I am so glad I didn't totally give in or I too would have gained 5 pounds.. It is nice seeing the scale go down so I will not indulge. I'm only 10 days post op..

Had surgery done on saturday the 30th. That night bad pain for gas and bad nausea. Yesterday sleepy. Today i need to poop. Walking alot. Lost my pj pants in front of nurses station. Rather embrassing having half a dozen little thai nurses giggling away. I think i need a draw string. Doc want me to b on liquids for a month. Thanks for the information i really think i would of been so much harder without it. Does anyone have to stay on liquids that long. Very sookie today.

Had surgery done on saturday the 30th. That night bad pain for gas and bad nausea. Yesterday sleepy. Today i need to poop. Walking alot. Lost my pj pants in front of nurses station. Rather embrassing having half a dozen little thai nurses giggling away. I think i need a draw string. Doc want me to b on liquids for a month. Thanks for the information i really think i would of been so much harder without it. Does anyone have to stay on liquids that long. Very sookie today.

That does seem a long time for liquids. Is that standard with him or did he give you a reason?

No reason will ask him tomorrow before i leave

Newat52. so can you tell me what your daily diet looks like now?

Sure. I start drinking Water first thing. Have always had a glass of water before coffee so that has not changed. I have Protein Shake for Breakfast. Take my whats left of my coffee and half a cup of skim milk, a few ice cubes and scoop of chocolate Protein Powder for a Mocha shake. 180 cal. 24 grams of Protein. Or half a small banana, half cup of skim and vanilla protein powder for a shake. 200 cal. 31 grams of protein.

lunch has been 1/4 cup of canned salmon or canned chicken with 1/4 cup of spinach. about 70 cal. 13 grams of protein. snack is 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. 7 grams of protein and 40 cal. dinner is same as lunch with either the spinach or 1/4 cup of refried Beans for the fiber. have an Premier Protein shake before bed 160 cal and 30 grams of protein. In the Afternoon sip on a nectar strawberry/kiwi protein has 100 calories and 24 grams of protein.

Comes out to around 700 calories and over 100 grams of protein. Thinking I'm going to cut back on the strawberry nectar as I am well over my protein needs and just use it if I am on the go and can't get my meals in. I just started on soft foods last Thursday so I am still introducing new foods. So far, have not run across anything that has not agreed with me and have not experienced that I've eaten too much feeling. I measure my food and stop after 30 minutes even if I am not done. Also have made some Sugar Free Chocolate pudding spiked with unflavored protein. Have had a couple but not finished the batch yet. That is about 70 cal. and 24 grams of protein per serving.

I drink water all day except 20 before and during and 20 minutes after eating so getting my water in is a full time job but it's coming easily. On this stage till April 17th then will be on reg foods.

Hope this helps.

Wow newat52 you're doing great! I was sleeved on the 12th, still struggling to get enough Protein and Water. I have 3 small babies at home so I am very busy and don't really have time to "sip" all day but im doing what I can. You're eating way more than I am (not saying that in a bad way or negative AT ALL) so that's one reason im not getting in the protein. The shakes make me want to puke but im just making myself down them. I make them super small (one scoop in 2.5 oz) so I can get it over with quickly.

Hi I had my sleeve done on the 16 of march 2013 so far i have lost 26lbs. i have been two weeks on liquids only im on puree food now but i feel very weak also i had a hernia repaired at the same time so im still in pain but i think is nothing to do with the slleve but because of the hernia.