Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My dr didnt give me a goal amount for fluids. How many ounces are you trying to take in each day?

My Dr said 60-80 grams of Protein daily and if any of it is in liquid form, it can be counted towards the 64 ounces of fluids that is needed EVERY DAY. Without it, many things can get hard, like digestion, and you can also get dehydrated easily.

I called my surgeon and he said too really try to up my fluids or' date=' come in the hospital for fluids. He said after weeks of poor intake this is what happens :( Mt first few weeks I had a hard time getting them in, but now it's seems to be worse. I have no appetite and when I do drink, I instantly feel nauseated. I feel a little better to day, just got to pick it up. How is your weight loss going?[/quote']

I lost 26 lbs so far since I went back to work I lost 3 lbs since Wed so I hope since I'm moving around more the weight will come off faster...how are u doin eating are u having trouble also or just fluids Ur having trouble with???

I lost 26 lbs so far since I went back to work I lost 3 lbs since Wed so I hope since I'm moving around more the weight will come off faster...how are u doin eating are u having trouble also or just fluids Ur having trouble with???

You are doing so Great!! I am getting about 600 calories in food per day.

Well, just checking in. My sleeve was on Mar 13th and just had my first post surgery Dr. visit with surgeon. He removed me from blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, sleep meds, and all I have to take is Synthroid for my thyroid now. So happy about this because the cholesterol meds were horrible. My blood pressure has gone from 226 over 150 down to a low of 100/70 but no higher than 121/70 over the last 3 weeks. I have lost a total of 30 lbs. and well on my way to 40 lbs. My incisions are nicely healed, 4 of them almost gone completely and the other 2 just still a bit pink but not too awfully sore. I have not had any horrors with the gas, the bloats, or depression like some people I have read about and basically the biggest challenge is being diligent to get down 60-80 grams of Protein daily, which right now is not too hard because I am using the liquids (Premier Protein, choc and van. available at Sams Club - case of 12, each 11 oz, for around $20, worth every penny). I have progressed from the Clear Liquids, week 1, into and through the week 2 of full liquids, and now have been able to add protein smoothies and applesauce and baby food. Wasn't crazy about the baby food available - tastes horrid, so I have made my own thanks to my wonderful NUTRIBULLET. That sucker is great. I have also incorporated the following organic foods and am adding a little bit to my Nutribullet smoothies and this is giving me a lot of nutrition along with the Vitamins (Centrum adult chewables are good) Here's what I have incorporated into my fruit protein smoothies: (all organic, all available to http://www.nuts.com) Mangosteen powder, Gogi berries, Tart Cherry powder, Cacao nibs and powder, Chia seeds, Medjool Dates (if you need to sweeten something, just remove pit and put in the drink), Maca powder and Spirulina powder. You can find recipes online just about anywhere for smoothies and other health concoctions to use in your blender or Nutribullet. I just like the Nurtibullet because I can instantly make delicious homemade fruit puree for the baby food phase (made pureed bananas for part of Breakfast and pureed fresh pineapple to go along with lunch protein shake.) I also bought some fresh Kale and snip off pieces with a scissors and added it to a carrot, cucumber and apple smoothie I made (cucumbers is a diaretic) and the Kale turns to a little green but it's delicious. One thing I have noted since coming home from the hospital about TASTE. If I make something as sweet as I would have been comfortable eating before the surgery, now that is WAY TOO SWEET, so before you make a smoothie with fresh fruits, vegs, etc. TEST IT so you don't add a Medjool Date and get it way too sweet. One other thing, if you are using any UNFLAVORED "UNJURY" brand Protein Powder in Soups, etc., or the chicken flavored in hot Water, if the temperature of the beverage or liquid is over 140* the protein powder will CLUMP and it will be horrible, so get yourself a Thermometer so when you are heating it up it won't be TOO hot and ruin your "meal". I got the Taylor Digital from Amazon. Works well. http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Compact-Waterproof-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B00009WE4B/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1364872298&sr=8-4&keywords=taylor+thermometer+digital Well that's it for now. Hope everyone else is doing great. I am so glad I did this. It wasn't half as bad as I had worried it would be. BUT word to the wise: BE PREPARED. Make sure when you come home from hospital your house is ready, no bad foods in the house, no temptations. With the small amount you will be eating, you need to be sure to get 60-80 grams of GOOD HEALTHY protein, not junk or food with refined sugar, or high fructose corn syrups, etc.

All who are struggling with fluids-I was too so one day I picked something I love (orange full sugar gatorade) and drank that. It went down like a dream and tasted so good. Since then I've had an easier time drinking Water. It seemed to get me over the hump and it was just a few extra calories to save my kidneys! Wishing you all well!

Thanks' date=' I feel better today almost at my goal for 64oz for the day :) [/quote']

Ok. So, my sole goal for tomorrow is to get in all 64 oz of Water.

Anyone want to join me?

Does broth' date=' juice, etc count toward the 64 oz?[/quote']

I do believe it does, Fluid is fluid.....

Sent from my iPad using VST

The plan they gave me includes all liquids combined: shakes, broths, Water, milk, etc. This has to total 64 oz. Ive been getting in 32 or more in water and then counting my shakes. My pee is clear an d only slightly yellow in the morning so I'm staying hydrated.

The more water the better when you're in ketosis bcuz it helps in burning fat and ketosis is hard on the kidneys.

Only lost 2 pounds this past week :( its that's "3 week stall" everyone talks about. 18 lbs total. That doesn't sound like a lot to me for what I've been through and for how little im eating. I know it will keep coming off and 18 pounds is actually good for 3 weeks. Its my rational vs my emotional. The GREAT thing, however, is that I can't just say "screw it" and eat myself into oblivion like I could pre op. And I know that it'll come off. One way or another, fast or slow...it WILL come off. I just need to be patient, get the Protein and Water in, and start exercising more!!

Only lost 2 pounds this past week :( its that's "3 week stall" everyone talks about. 18 lbs total. That doesn't sound like a lot to me for what I've been through and for how little im eating. I know it will keep coming off and 18 pounds is actually good for 3 weeks. Its my rational vs my emotional. The GREAT thing' date=' however, is that I can't just say "screw it" and eat myself into oblivion like I could pre op. And I know that it'll come off. One way or another, fast or slow...it WILL come off. I just need to be patient, get the Protein and Water in, and start exercising more!![/quote']

I am going through the same thing as you are... and I would have said screw it by now too..lol..but you're right.. we can't ..no room for a binge ..it will happen.. I know more than anything it's a mind thing..cause when have you ever lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks??? But I am the same way.. I guess in our minds the fat would melt off in no time..and it will..we just want instant gratification.. that's why all my other "diets" failed..now you have lots of people going through the same thing as you..and we can vent to each other..:) take care.. it will work

Hey, that's 6 pounds a week, that's a lot! I'm only doing 4 pounds a week. Think how happy we would have been with this loss pre-op... The great thing is that we will never lose these pounds again - its permanent!

Only lost 2 pounds this past week :( its that's "3 week stall" everyone talks about. 18 lbs total. That doesn't sound like a lot to me for what I've been through and for how little im eating. I know it will keep coming off and 18 pounds is actually good for 3 weeks. Its my rational vs my emotional. The GREAT thing' date=' however, is that I can't just say "screw it" and eat myself into oblivion like I could pre op. And I know that it'll come off. One way or another, fast or slow...it WILL come off. I just need to be patient, get the Protein and Water in, and start exercising more!![/quote']

My fortune cookie last night that came with my egg drop Soup said "Right now you must be patient". How fitting for me as well...it will come off, fast or slow & I had already decided to just stay off the scale..too depressing to see the up & downs. I feel it in my clothes & see it in my face & have had others notice too. Don't want to ruin my warm fuzzies I'm feelin even with this annoying side cramp/pain I've had for 9 days! Stay focused & know if you're doing what you should be then we'll all be sittin on the losers bench together. :)