Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My NUT wants me between 60-70 g a day. Please be cautious of when you go offon your own. I'd hate to see you hurting. This is not said to be negative or discouraging. It's said out of caring that you succeed, promise.

JolieBug....Thanks! I guess what I SHOULD have said is she doesn't want to advance me to food UNTIL I get my Protein in. As far as my sleeve, It can handle the pureed stage she just doesn't want me to fill up on "food" and not get the Protein in first.

I got somenew Protein shakes and this morning I was able to drink the whole shake (11oz) in about 2 1/2 hours. 38 Grams of protein in!!!!!! Slowly working to my NUT's required amount of 80 grams. Tomorrow I'm going to try the Protein Shake for Breakfast and then 'sip' on Isopure and Crystal Light through out the day. That should do the trick!

Hope you are doing well.

LOL! Perfect analogy!

Today i wasn't as hungry as yesterday' date=' but i was taken by surprise on that one! Im still struggling with trapped gas and that's my major complaint today. I think Im not hungry cuz i bumped my Water intake. However, i do know that 3 days have passed and i keep thinking how much better I'll be in another 3 days time. Fingers crossed. Im just happy yo be 3 days on the other side rather than 3 days preop![/quote']

I know in another few days I will feel better also and I am sooooo ready!!

The other thing is that with vsg we lose the hunger hormone grenelin (sp?). Many people report not being hungry ever. My Dr says it takes a bit for the hormone to get out of your system so you are hungry at first. I'm almost 2 weeks post OP and am less hungry every day. I'm at the point where I don't really care about food anymore. I hope it lasts!

So, i keep having this feeling of extreme hungrr in the top part of my new stomach; i know its gas trying to get out butitwont budge!!!! I have been sucking down gas-x strips for three days and NADA........ I even beat on my chest while my husband beat on my back, and i could feel it move, but it wont come out, what else can i do???? It makes me feel nauseous and throwing up is just something i really dont want to do right now........this is the ONLY thing that is bothering me right now????????????????????????????

Sent from my iPad using VST

When the doctor said walk to get rid of gas, trust me it worked. Nothing helped me but walking. I had to force myself but everyday gets easier.. I was also getting hungry and my Dr told me I wasn't getting enough Protein.< /p>

Yes! The smell! I couldn't tell if it was the horrible taste in my mouth or what!

That means that your body is in Ketosis - a fat burning state.

Good luck to those going for surgery this week :).

I was sleeved the 22nd with Dr.Aceves and am feelig pretty good!

For the gas-- I've been walking didn't help I got gas x strips that dissolved on the tounge. I took two and passed major gas-- it was sick a relief. I had mine on 3/27 and the gas pains r still there just less cuz of the strips. Also, I found watered down cream of chicken to be Devine ~ so yummy warm or chilled.. It's pretty much a life savior To me at this point!

For the gas-- I've been walking didn't help I got gas x strips that dissolved on the tounge. I took two and passed major gas-- it was sick a relief. I had mine on 3/27 and the gas pains r still there just less cuz of the strips. Also' date=' I found watered down cream of chicken to be Devine ~ so yummy warm or chilled.. It's pretty much a life savior To me at this point![/quote']

I also got gas x strips and they did help but I think for the most part walking and time is helping. Just ready to get over this hungry feeling!

I was sleeved. March 4 and still have gas,I walk and walk nothing seems to work but the walking moves the gas and when I pass I blow bombs Lol,but it be a big relief...

Don't care about food? Is that common? That's what I'm hoping for!

That's what they say. Go on you tube and search for "vehicle sleeve - treen" and choose the ABC report on DR Treen. They talk about the hormone

What is everyone's plan on when to weigh themselves for the first time ?

I went to dr they weighed me i was down 9 pounds in 10 days