Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Newbies ! Progress ?

Sleeved on January 17th and doing great. I sip my Water all darn day. I have one of those huge plastic cups that holds 30 ounces and fill it twice a day. For Breakfast I either have 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt with a little strawberry jelly mixed in to take the edge off. I take my chewy multi Vitamin. Then I pore myself half a bottle of Isopure over ice and alternate between that and water until lunch. Lunch and dinner is Soup soup soup. My doctor instructed 5 achy long weeks of soup. I'm a connoisseur of soup. I can rock some progresso southwestern veggie soup zip blended to thin (and strained) with a teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt. You squeeze you eyes real tight and swear its tortilla soup. In the afternoon I take my Calcium right after soup. Seems to make the Vitamins go down easy. After dinner I sometimes treat myself to no sugar added, all natural juice bar.

I've been walking and walking and went 1.6 miles today, proud of myself. I also dabble in a little bit of wii dance with my kid, but take it easy, not too much jumping.

It's a journey and with this new tool we have, we can all do it!

Sleeved on January 17th and doing great. I sip my Water all darn day. I have one of those huge plastic cups that holds 30 ounces and fill it twice a day. For breakfast I either have 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt with a little strawberry jelly mixed in to take the edge off. I take my chewy multi Vitamin. Then I pore myself half a bottle of Isopure over ice and alternate between that and water until lunch. Lunch and dinner is Soup soup soup. My doctor instructed 5 achy long weeks of soup. I'm a connoisseur of soup. I can rock some progresso southwestern veggie soup zip blended to thin (and strained) with a teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt. You squeeze you eyes real tight and swear its tortilla soup. In the afternoon I take my Calcium right after soup. Seems to make the Vitamins go down easy. After dinner I sometimes treat myself to no sugar added' date=' all natural juice bar.

I've been walking and walking and went 1.6 miles today, proud of myself. I also dabble in a little bit of wii dance with my kid, but take it easy, not too much jumping.

It's a journey and with this new tool we have, we can all do it![/quote']

We have the same surgery date!

I'm having a hard time with my Calcium Vitamin (which I have to take 3 a day!) it's so yucky to me I gag! Any suggestions?..

I bought the Viactiv Caramel Soft Chews calcium and they are delicious!

Just had a thought. Is anyone savvy enough to make a grid of all of our Wt loss for jan sleeves? If so it would be a great motivator for us to report our wt loss along our journey. Any thoughts?

That would be awesome!

That would be awesome!

Sounds good to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using VST

I had my surgery on 1/07 and I have no pain but I am exhausted all the time! I can't seem to find a Protein Drink I can tolerate (I have tried several)) and sometimes I only drink about 36oz of Fluid so I am thinking that might be it. I am jealous of the people who are going to the gym every day! I had blood work done yesterday and I am not anemic but my thyroid was a little elevated. Also, I still can't tolerate anything more than cottage cheese and yogurt. I tried a soft boiled egg last night for dinner and it got stuck for hours. Ugh!!

I was sleeved on 1/29. At my pre op apt with MD I weighed 247 , day of surgery 240. Today, my 2 week mark I am 226.4. The last few days I haveonly lost 0.2 or o.4 lds so I guess I am in a stall. Very frustrated because I am following my instructions and it boggles my mind that I could be living on Water and yogurt and not lose weight ! Iknow my body is probably in a starvation mode but still !

My surgery went well and I felt like crap for the first few days but now I feel pretty good. I get tired very easily and I feel weak. I take walks and do light housework but I am not ready for real exercise. It still hurts to bend over . All of my incisions are healed except my belly button. Its red and still oozing. I have already seen the surgeon and I have to go back to have it checked. It stings when I move, don't really know whats going on with that.Anyone else have that problem?

Any January Sleevers have my fitness Pal, My username is KimMarh..... anyone else care to share there usernames???

My my fitness pal name is kkbroom

Mine is ajdub22. Surgery date was 1/28.

Surgery date was 1/21. I didn't have a Pre-op diet but my starting weight was 300. I also had a hiatal hernia repair. In down to 265.5 now for a loss of 34.5lbs in just 22 days!

I don't have my full energy back but recovery has been a breeze. Pain and gas was minimal. Eating has been fine so far. Everything goes down well. No puking, no heartburn, and no pooping issues. I get at least 80g of Protein a day and at least 48oz of Water. I'm working toward 64 still.

I'm working out... Been doing the elliptical 3x a week for 45 minutes and weights 2x per week. I'm doing cardio for cardiovascular health for the first time in my life. In the past it has always been for weight loss. I need the cardio! I set it for 65-70% max heart rate (~130bpm) and my heart immediately goes to 140bpm... Yet I'm not sweating much and I can carry a conversation if I had to.

I do get light headed and a tad nausious at times... But I just keep going, eating like my nutritionist suggested (which results in ~800 calories per day) and drinking my water. Besides those few bad symptoms, I still feel like me... Just smaller!

I had my surgery on 1/07 and I have no pain but I am exhausted all the time! I can't seem to find a Protein drink I can tolerate (I have tried several)) and sometimes I only drink about 36oz of Fluid so I am thinking that might be it. I am jealous of the people who are going to the gym every day! I had blood work done yesterday and I am not anemic but my thyroid was a little elevated. Also, I still can't tolerate anything more than cottage cheese and yogurt. I tried a soft boiled egg last night for dinner and it got stuck for hours. Ugh!!

Did you try mixing cold Water with your Protein Shake? I bought muscle milk and it was too thick for me at first so I mixed in cold water and it went down really well! Made a big difference on my tummy!