Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fluffier Egg Whites? "real Cooks Please Help"

I use egg whites from the carton. Is there a way to make egg whites fluffier? I use them scrambled or in an omelet.

I'm currently on my preop eating plan and trying to go from a massive number of high cal, high carb foods to staying under 900 calories with high Protein, low fat and carbs. Doing OK with the selections, but need a bit more fluff to "feel" like there's more. Doing one step at a time.... change what I eat then start reducing how much I eat.. although the volume is significantly already reduced! Not yet sleeved but trying to reduce bad habits and increase good habits now. Need to keep doing well until hopefully my sleeve in mid January.

MGT

I also prefer egg whites, but I have a problem with the carton. So I just buy a boiled egg and only eat the white part. I'd live to see the responses.

If you want to make them fluffier add a couple of tablespoons of Water and whisk together. Milk makes eggs firmer and water makes them fluffier! Enjoy!

If you want to make them fluffier add a couple of tablespoons of Water and whisk together. Milk makes eggs firmer and Water makes them fluffier! Enjoy!

I was just about to say the same thing!!! Good advice, I always use water for fluffy eggs! Funny how that works!

If you want to make them fluffier add a couple of tablespoons of Water and whisk together. Milk makes eggs firmer and Water makes them fluffier! Enjoy!

No kidding! Well I'll be... can't wait for my next omelet! Thanks so much!!

The other trick is to put your egg whites and a little Water into a blender. That will whip more air into them than most can do with a whisk. Just make sure you have your hot pan read after you blend.

The other trick is to put your egg whites and a little Water into a blender. That will whip more air into them than most can do with a whisk. Just make sure you have your hot pan read after you blend.

Thanks so much.. the Water and the blender air really helped!

stick blenders work great and are easier to clean.

The other trick that many people don't follow is to let the bottoms cook before even touching them! Whisk, pour and let sit on low/medium heat for a bit until you see a nice little edge of solid white forming. Then quickly pull your spatula through and leave alone again. Egg whites are temperamental and can turn thick/watery if played with too much.