Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mignon Belgium

Hi

Yeah I am flying out Sun (tomorrow!!! eek) and staying over on Sun night near the the eurostar terminal and getting transport as normal on the Mon. It was the cheapest way doing that as the early Mon flights where alot more expensive. I'm flying with SN Brussels it cost just over £100 return from Manchester.

I've got my european health card insurance! first thing I did when Sooz suggested it!

feeling like I could eat a scabby horse between two bread vans at the moment... almost as bad as Pilko's pre op diet... remind me again WHY I'm doing this !!!

Looking forward to meeting Dr Debray... Hubba hubba!!!

Dr Mignon is not really up to much in the hotty department!!!

Sorry Girls, I haven't been on over the weekend. Hope pilko is OK!

I was fast trotted around Eton, I'm putting CM forward for a junior scholarship. Unfortunatley the day was badly organised by myself. We didn't have time to eat lunch. SO I had only had a slimfast milkshake, until the end of the tour and meeting with the headmaster. They then provided little pack lunches for everyone. By this time I was desperate to get home, so I grabbed a bag for CM.

He didn't want the fruit cake so I told him I would eat it, as it smelled so nice. That was SO the wrong thing to do, I am not supposed to eat wheat and I suspect the fruit cake was as close to consuming bread as I will ever get. Well you can guess what happened. Yep, Miss dozy here had a case of the PBs and after drinkinging Water to try to clear it out, the slimes! I left a nice little sick patch in the Eton College car park (thankfully it was dark!). Hey at least I left something behind so it does mean we will be going back!

You know it can be quite difficult at times and I have to look at these little mishaps as extreme learning curves :guess .

S, I did get to meet Dr Debray, how cute is he?

Oh yes Dr Debray is hot, hot, hot. I know he made me blush! Dr Mignon is definitely not a looker lol, did you notice he has a wonky nose??

H you will definitely enjoy meeting Dr Debray and maybe Dr BengaBing (not sure of spelling) He was the anaethitist(sp?) Caring and very cute to! I think we all had the hots for him as he was the first medical dr we met lol. I was lucky enough to have him as my anethatist (good lord i really hate that word, one day I shall spell it right!) He told me to think of nice things and the last thing I remember saying was ' Yep, I'll be thinking of pink elephants!'

As I said before the whole trip was more like a holiday!

Happy to hear everyone is OK.

Lots of love and hugs

Sx

Well that's Sarah in Belgium now, probably having her pre op now appointment with the anaesthetist as I type!

How exciting for you son Suz! A chance to go to Eton! When will you hear back?

maybe you should take something in your bag that you can eat if you get caught short in future, save yourself from getting too hungry and making poor choices.... ( I have a card on my table that says that best way to succeed in life is to act on your own advice!) Maybe keep a carton of slimfast or a bar handy... something nutritious!

Hope you're having a better day today .... 57 days til I'm banded now!

Hx

Oh dear, it seems that my post got lost!

Wonder what is happening with LBT! I've not been ignoring you :paranoid

Sarah will be one her way home now!

I'm doing a lot better, thanks H. I didn't expect to have such dramatic wobblies! In some ways I think it is a good thing. It makes me more aware of my own behaviour. Have to learn even more self control! Do you think when I have cracked it could I be given saint staus? :(

CM's (son) visit to Eton seems to have triggered a big change! He is coming home and hitting the 11+ books we have invested in! I don't have to do anything, he would rather to do that than watch TV. I am sure the effort he has put in will be beneficial whatever the outcome. There are only 4 full scholarships and about 200 children applying! So it is going to be down to hard work and a lot of luck!

How are things with you H? Still on the Cambridge? When are you off on your holidays?

Sxxxx

Hope this post gets posted!

Still trying to do Cambridge, still failing on a daily basis! 7 days til I'm off on my jollies!

got nothing to wear, having to beg borrow and buy new stuff! Good job I'm not planning on going anywhere whilst I'm there!

I'm getting cold feet here waiting and thinking that maybe it would be better to have the op over here and before Christmas, because I seem to have last supper syndrome really bad? I've looked into it the cost for Mr Hewin in Gloucester is 5930 including 3 fills..... not so big a jump as I first thought but still a good 1600 more than Belgium.... I don't know what to do really, I've arranged to go and see him on Monday, and I'll make a decision from there. My friend thinks that I should have it done locally.

I'm unsure.

the advantage s are that I don't have to take as much time to arrange and travel. I get to sleep in my own bed and if I have problems I just travel down the road and he's there, everybody speaks English and there are no barriers to communications

The only disadvantage, is the cost...... I'm also more likely to have it done before Christmas here.

I can't see anything wrong with having it done locally. Yes it is a wee bit of a price hike, but all the positives far out way the cons.

For me it was a case that £5000 was my limit, there was no way I could afford to have it done in the UK. I would have liked to omit all the travelling but in the end it was a kind of a bizarre health holiday lol.

At least, you would be close to your partner and children and you do get 3 fills, if you need them, without worrying about not having the money to get another fill in the future. Not that the fills are financially crippling lol.

I think if you feel the need to go for it now DO IT! You are the one that is importnat, not where or how you do it! We are not going to ignore you if you are not a Chimay convert lol. We would expect all updates! Your part of the gang now, come hell or high water!

Have you got a swimming pool where you are going? Spend most of the time in there and you will have no worries, you help get a wee bit fitter and all you have to worry about is a swimming costume and sarong! I have never had a holiday where I actually get to really relax! I envy you!:(

Don't beat yourself up about the last supper syndrome, it is probalby because you have so long to think about it, I only had a short time between consultation and operation, which was fortunate as I am sure I would have been having the same problem. Your poor pysche is thinking that in the not so distant future it will be starving - even though it's not. Add the fact that we are now in winter, your fighting a losing battle. At least you are trying nad even just a little difference can help! I don't know if there is any cure for LSS except getting the band done!

You will make your own choices and whatever they are they will be right for you! (Is this suitably motivational?:( )

Sx

Arrgh lost a post again!!!

In a nutshell. You will do what is right for you. I think cost is secondary (if that is possible for you) to your mental welfare.

There are definitely a lot of positives to having it done in the UK. The travel been the biggest one. I think of my experience in Chimay, the journey home was the only downside!

The Last Supper Syndrome, is the hardest thing to deal with, your body is going into panic mode. The only way I think that would stop is either with having the op or saying your not going to do it!

Sorry this one is so much shorter than the original.

Sx

I'm still waiting to see if they can fit me in before Christmas....

I certainly hope so!

I really will have to tackle OH, then won't I!:faint:

But I really think that this will be the best course of action, I can really do without the biggest Christmas binge ever so this will certainly help that!

The thought had occurred to me that I could just not tell him at all!!! !:rolleyes :omg: until after the op..... Probably not such a good idea!

Will tackle him again tonight! I really need to get to grips with this!

It is probably a good idea to tell him.

Just remember it's not something to be ashamed of. I think a lot of people see the band as a cop out! That is far, far FAR from the truth! Just tell your DH that 'it is a tool to do exatly what he wants you to do. Which is to eat less'

Get him to have a look at this forum, O he will probaly head for the bad posts first, but really they are few and far between. He can also contact me if he wants to talk to someone who has it done that isn't classed as a 'biased friend!' :(

Sarah,

Are you back with us hunny? How did it go?

good I hope! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing about your journey and all that happened to you with the hospital, the journey the B&B.

I need to know everything :heh: all the details ....I'm just nosey I guess!

How are you getting on S? Being good and following those bandster rules I hope! PB's should not be a 'normal' part of life!!!;)

Do you feel like you have some restriction still?

Are you filling in a food diary or just eating as normally as you can within the guidelines???

Still struggling with OH, but I will get there, Honestly!

:embarassed: :embarassed:

I am getting on really well! I haven't kept a food diary but I think I have been managing to stay within the guidelines. Except I forgot we shouldn't eat rice, I managed two teaspoons full before feeling like i had gone to far! I am certainly learning to listen to my stomach instead of my head hunger!

I am starting to feel a lot more confident, I know I have a long way to go before I get down to my desired 14/16 but I now feel completely in control of my body and mind, my waist is starting to reappear. I am losing weight in the oddest places though lol! This morning I looked down at my feet and discovered I could see my foot tendons when I flexed my toes! It was fascinating to see! Over did it a little managed to pull a tendon !:clap2: Mindyou it doesn't take much for me to do that, it was one of the biggest reasons for me to go for the operation!

I still feel as if I am having enough restriction, so I am not going to rush to have a fill done. Going to boots and weigh myself on my month-a-versary. So shall let you know how it is going. But, I am losing inches and that is really what counts at the mo!

I hope all went well for you Sarah.

Best thing to do Hermione, is bite the bullet and then deal with the aftermath, you may find it easier to deal with! At least then it gives him time to calm down!

Yeah I'm back guys! bit sore and tired and getting some shoulder pain but other than that doing very well. Eating Soups and yogurts and feeling full! wow! funny feeling not eating alot because I have to tell myself I can stop now....its really weird....

I can imagine how easy it is to forget in the first few months and just shovel something in your mouth and then think.....shit....

Bit scared that I'm going to make this thing slip and have to have it done again which I just can't afford.....called in sick from work today, not up to it yet maybe Tues...

Yeah all the Dr where good looking but not Dr Mignon (poor thing) and Diedre (sp?) was lovely. The others that had it done wheren't very big, there was only 4 incl me as 2 had backed out becuase of the Anne Diamond story.

Glad I'm back home now and recovering and hopefully losing weight soon. Got some new scales yesterday to treat myself and they weigh your fat and Water % they were only £30 from Argos.

Hope everyone else is fine and H if you can afford to get it done here go for it as the journey is long and I flew! but I cannot fault the medical care I recieved.

Suz what happed with the cake did you eat it fast? not looking forward to that PBing??