Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mignon Belgium

hello. i am looking to have a gastric band fitted in belgium with a company called elyzea and dr mignon as the surgeon. can any one pls fill me in on this issue pls if they do know anything at all about the surgeon and the company. pls pls pls i need to gather my facts before i progress further tanx. sola

Hi Sola,

I had my lapband fitted with Elyzea and Dr Mignon in Oct 2006.

It was more like a holiday than an operation for me. I know that may sound silly but the staff at the hsopital involved with Elyzea made everything as easy as possible for us. Also the one thing I keep saying is 'the hospital was incredibly clean! I walked barefoot through the hospital and didn't pick up a speck of dust!'

It's obviousy been a few years since I had the band fitted but I haven't had any problems with it.

I think the only thing I wish I had understood more clearly was that there were no free fills involved in the package. Although Dr Mignon did put in a small fill to get the ball rolling during the surgery. Fortunately I found a private fill doc in Telford, who told me that I could get the fills on the NHS! So I have had my fills done by Mr Siggurdsson ever since.

Also, if it is possible, try and have another day in the hotel to recover. I went home the next day and it was the worst journey possible. If you can't it is doable, just be prepared for it.

I certainly have no complaints about the operation or Elyzea.

If you have more specifc questions, I can try and answer them.

Suzy

hi suzy,

tanx so very much for the reply. dat's so nice of you. im just going to give them a call and see how we go from there. i live in dublin so i will see if i can have my consultation done in belgium. i get you posted as i go on. but seriously im really scared i've never had a surgery all my life so im so so so nervous but i've made up my mind to have something done about my weight that has taken control of virtually every aspect of my life. hope to hear from u again suzy and any one who has anything to say to me in regards to this. i really need to hear people's opinion. tanx.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!