Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mignon Belgium

Last supper syndrome, is the perfect name for it. Yet when you have the band, food does not have the same allure as it had done before!

Have fun on the yogurt pre op diet Pilko. You get huge Brownie points if you manage the whole week. You can quite rightfully show off :)

It's all go here isn't it! With Heb off for her op this morning and Pilko starting the yummy pre op yoghurt diet!!! , Suzanne experiencing the first PB..... (don't envy you that one!)

OH is still against it, so have left him to stew for a couple of weeks and then will start again. Such a nightmare, but, like I said, this is my decision and I've definitely made up my mind that this is the path I want to follow.

Simply because I cannnot fight with my weight anymore, I'm tired of being on the merry go round, either losing or gaining weight with none of the enjoyment of a normal life where food doesn't rule my world!!

(It's not just me is it? Ican't be the only one who feels this way about food and body weight)

If I'm not eating, then I'm thinking about food, if I'm not thinking about it then I'm preparing it... and so on and so forth.....

Right, OK, rant over, (H scuttles back into her hole and sulks!!!)

Hx

Totally.......I live for food and to eat and I'm sick of it, I can't go out for the day without thinking what I could eat, money no object! regardless of it I can afford it...

I love food, I do eat heathily with loadsa veg and I prepare it all, home made Soups etc which I freeze, because I want the kids to eat well and not end up like me, but I eat loads of it and snack really bad, I feel I desearve it!? especially if Ive been dieting, the only time I didn't crave food when I was pregnant??? totally opposite to normal people, I thinks its my homones.....

I was thinking last night when I was snacking (again) that I was eating and shopping like normal people do (or I used to) at Christmas time, you know your "good shop" at xmas, when your allowed treats and goodies, well I seem to have to treat myself everytime....(I'm trying to analyse myself now and alot of it seem to do with my self-esteem??)

Put yes I have yo-yo-ed , I blame dieting for putting weight on as I manage to lose a few stone and because I deny myself for so long, and I'm starving, just 1 mistake and I go out of control put all my weight back on plus more, this for instance this seems to happen when I do on holiday, but then I feel shit (sorry) coz everyine else (in my eyes) looks dead slim and I look like a fat blob.....and so I eat more to block it out...?? vicious circle which gets bigger and bigger or fatter & fatter???

So thats when I though of looking into this lap-band?? and here I am

Yep the food = Happiness ratio, is pretty high.

For me the lapband initially began as a desire to say a proper and final farewell to yo yo dieting, that was a good few years ago and I never thought I would be able to afford it. By the time I looked at it again, it was from sheer frustration and pain.

For a whole year I had been eating all the good stuff, fruit, veg, fish, red meat rarely. Yet I was still puttingon weight. At first I put it down to quitting smoking, then finally spoke tot he doc about it and discovered I had an underactive thyroid. Hoped the pills would resolve the weight issue, must admit had been tempted to up my dosage so my thyroid would kick into Hyper instead of hypo, but knew that was too stupid, even for me.

Then the reality hit me, I had been dancing sine I was 7 years of age, I only stopped when I had my son and all my other niggly ailments buggered up any exercise regime. So it wouldn't have mattered even if the thyroid tablets were able to reverse the damage already done, there was no way I would be able to exercise to get it off.

So really in the end I'm not doing it so much for the fat I will lose, which I know I can't wait to get back into just a 16! But, my health, each pound is another pound off my joints and maybe, just maybe I will be able to take up some form of dance again without crippling myself :) Also act like a looneyw ith my son, instead of worrying about getting carried away. I just want to be able to live again.

I truly believe that the band is going to help me do that, psychologically I already feel ten times better, than I have for years. I have taken back control of my life a nd the disability is finally going to be second fiddle! Yee Haw.

Guess it is a day for rants.

H, your OH may take a very long time to come around, but he will. Don't be afraid to go to Chimay on your own, in some ways it may be better. You will be spending a lot of the time in the hospital and Chimay isn't exactly a great tourist destination. There were two women who brought their partners and we really didn't get to know them but there were three of us who were going solo (well apart from Jane with Gemma, but she was counted as one of the girls lol) and we supported each other and I really do feel that time being with others who are sharing the same experience is priceless.

It's not that long till you will be going either H and Pilko how is the yoghurt going?

Luv

Sx

Suzanne, Did you ask what sort of band was fitted? Just wondering, and now it's driving me mad!!!

Pilko you sound exactly like me, the only time i ever lose weight is being pregnant! I am never hungry and have to force myself to eat. I always said, if I could just have this permanently than my problems would be fixed! now here is my chance.

Oh I found the money!!

Congratulations on finding the money, are you definitely going to

Chimay now? If so have you booked your op or consult yet?

To be honest, I was told about the band but can't think of what it is called. It does say on the literature you get after the op, I think it is a 15cc band and you get 2 cc when you have the op!

I'm thinking I may go to Dr. Weiner in Frankfurt, because my Tricare insurance will give me a referral to go there, and will pay for our gas and a hotel. They will not cover the surgery, but to just pay for the consult would be awsome and the almost $3 a gallon gas.

We have investment property and I was told I could not use any of our equity, so I checked with my bank and big coincedence, we can use exactly what the surgery will cost!!! I think it's really meant to be.

So i have an appointment on Monday with my PCM to ask for a referral, wish me luck! I just wish it wasn't a week away, but the closing for our equity line will be in about a week anyway.

Good for you Sweet! Glad you've managed to organise everything. Good luck with your PCM, I'm sure that you won't have a problem.

sorry that you couldn't remember what the name of the band used is, I guess that I'll have to telephone Deidre.

I haven't even touched yoghurt yet, my tummy been a bit dodgy, probably from everything I've been eating this last few weeks!! feels like the 1st day of the rest of my life........

Aww sorry to hear about you tummy Pilko, hope your starting to feel better!

Is it next week that you are off to Chimay?

Don't worry about not having the yoghurt, I think the most important thing is that you be healthy.

Most of the girls I was with thought the yoghurt diet was all about make the job easier for the surgeon. Personally for me, it was a way to get into the correct mindset for the big change!

I'm having a bad day today, exhausted and feel like I'm permanently peckish, so snacking on liquid type food. Did have a proper lunch, a baby organics meal...woo hoo :thankyou:

Poor you Pilko, hope you feel well enough to indulge in some delicious yoghurt tomorrow!!!

I've had a terrible day today, popped into town to try on some trousers..... bursting out of size 20's :think, feeling so cross with myself, but am, so far, unable to do anything about it.

Glad to see that you're enjoying your sloppies still Suzanne! It's still the one thing that's really bothering me, I thing I'll have to cook stuff and puree it seperately, so I don't get an homogeneous brown mush to eat.

Right I'm off to my pit now, good night all

Hx

:):(:)Many more hugs for you H. I know how it feels when you are just about squeezing into a 20 and you know the next step up is the number 22. It is mortifying and depressing but remember this 'you will be getting control back of your body soon enough!' Size 20 will become a distant memory and you will be squealing with delight when you get into a size you once thought was impossible.

Just remember the key thing is to have a P.M.A

Positve

Mental

Attitude

Think of something that you have done in the day no matter how small, that made you feel just that wee bit better. I know, easier said than done but practice it and you will find life a lot different.

So my P.M.A for you today is : You have the confidence to take your weight problem in hand and deal with it, even with your OH being negative about it!

I hope you slept well.

Fond Regards

Suzannex

Just read my last post after I read yours Suzanne. I was feeling very sorry for myself! sorry that I've been on such a downer, I wish I'd already been banded, then I wouldn't have the physical problems to contend with just the demons in my head.

However a good night's sleep has made me realise that all the weight I've gained in the past 6 months is down to me.So it's down to me to take some action to, at the very least, make sure that I don't gain anymore.

So, day one on Cambridge today, I'm sticking with it because I'm no longer willing to accept the consequences of continued overeating. :clap2:

A friend said to me that every action has consequences and it's the consequences that you should consider before you take any action

I'm going to confess to my overeating habits.... l if you don't want to know then skip the red bits!.... :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Lately I've been buying a lot of cheeses, Brie, cheddar, Vognier,( a firm cream full fat cheese) Stilton, Dolce Latte, and of course loads of digestive biscuits to eat with it. I've also taken to buying 200g plus of chocolate per day, sometimes I share it, mostly I haven't though,

I get up in the morning and eat a 30g or so portion of Cereal (I don't wieigh it or anything, but it's the same small portion I've always had). Then I have a cup of tea (no sugar skim milk!). End up feeling like it's a bit 'wet' so make wholemeal toast with butter and marmalade to go with, one, two, three, four slices!!

Then I go out to work drive around 1 hour to customers... see customers... come out feeling hungry, so have 'lunch' Tesco's awaits me.... Sandwich, Tunnocks teacakes (a whole pack of 6) a white chocolate and raspberry muffin, maybe 2 depending and usually pick up the biscuits and choccy for later....If there's a Starbucks nearby, I might go there and indulge in a Mocha or their new and devine luxury chocolate too:eek: Drive home, do admin and much half a pack of cheese covered digestives while I'm doing it...... Kids come home from School eat choccy with them. Surprisingly, I don't feel hungry, so am reluctant to start dinner, however they nag, so I get on with meals.... Butternut squast, with blue cheese, pinenuts and Pasta, or thai red chicken curry or pork chops cooked with apples and cider (all home made, my kids didn't even know what Turkey twizzlers were!!) It's done, so I eat some anyway... OH usually opens a bottle of red wine and I'll drink a glass, or two of wine, sometimes he'll raid the fridge and I'll pick at what he gets out (olives, cheese, guacomole, hummous, with bread sticks or crudites if I've chopped them up earlier) Strangely I don't eat loads and loads of this:rolleyes I don't feel that hungry;)

Just read through my consumption! OMG!! :) Going to enter it into the Weight loss resources site and come up with a daily calorie figure.... Any guesses at a daily total???

I have my big mug of Cappuccino flavoured shake (served hot) in front of me and I'm sticking with this until I go on holidays in 15 days time... I can do anything for 15 days, it's not like it's forever, and it should put paid the the 22's again (It's not the first time I've been here, but it's definitely the last time I'm visiting this place.... )

So aim to stick with Cambridge until my holidays and then NOT gain any weight between now and my op! Does that sound good to everyone?

Sorry to have gone on a bit, but needed to 'fess up' to my compulisive overeating. Hope that you don't mind... it's the last supper syndrome gone completely mad, I wasn't this bad before I'd decided to have a band!

Hx