Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Mignon Belgium

Welcome back Pilko,

Glad to hear that all has gone well. I was lucky, I managed to avoid the shoulder pain, just burped a lot lol.

As for the cake experience, it was a combination of eating to quickly, eating while walking and eating wheat, which has become an even bigger no no! So those are things to avoid doing :) To be honest the PBing isn't that bad, especially as you realise you bring it on yourself! Once you clear out yopur system, you soon feel as if you are back to normal. I jkust wasn't able to drive for 30 mins, while I cleaned myself out. (ie throwing up but that was a nicer way of saying it :eek: )

It really is a shame that some women have cancelled because of the Anne Diamond Story. If only they had read the complete story which you can find on fathappens.com. It clearly shows that it wasn't Chimay. She had none of the care we received. This isn't from me experiencing the service, this was before, there were 3 major pointers to show Chimay was completely different! Some people just don't seem to read between the lines!

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Sxx

Hi

I am considering lap band and gathering info. I am not sure how to start a thread so am replying instead. ??? Hope thats ok.

I live in Vancouver BC and am wondering if I should go to Seattle or Toronto for surgery?

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dolly

Hi girls, Im flying to Belgium in the morning to have my band fitted at the Elyzea clinic. Completely sh****ng myself but reading all your posts makes me feel a bit better! Hope you all dont mind if I mither you with all my questions when I get home? Wish me luck? thanks, D.

Have a safe flight Donatella. You will be well looked after and will have other women going through the same op with you for support.

Best of luck and keep in touch!

Suzanne xxx

Hi

I am considering lap band and gathering info. I am not sure how to start a thread so am replying instead. ??? Hope thats ok.

I live in Vancouver BC and am wondering if I should go to Seattle or Toronto for surgery?

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dolly

Hi Dolly,

First of all welcome to LBT. There is a Canadian forum, which would probably be the first port of call for you. When you click on your chosen forum, there is a button offering to create a new thread. Just click on that and you are on the way.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Suzanne

Thanks girls, just packing my bag now! Should really get to bed, im taking my auntie with me for moral support. I know everything will be ok its just when you have all this time between consultation and surgery you have got too much time to spend thinking the worst! I will keep you all informed of my progress, cant wait to be a loser!! D x.

Hello Sarah, glad you're back and feeling OK... :clap2: Full on Soup and yoghurt eh? Can't be bad! Although I have to say I'm surprised that you still like the stuff after an entire week of the stuff:cool: Bring on the weight loss babes!!

Welcome to the thread Donatella!! Hope all goes well with your op.... although you'll be prepped by surgery by now and won't read this until you return... We're all thinking of you!

Went and saw Mr Hewin yesterday. He can do my band on 8th December a week after I get back from India... Just in time to get in the pre op yoghurt diet!!!

Got an appointment with the nurse counsellor on the monday after I'm back from hols and I'm taking OH with me so that he can ask any questions and put his mind at ease. I'm also off to the Doc's today to see if I can get my aftercare paid for by the NHS!! :omg:

With regards to last supper syndrome, it seems to be better today... Have no particular urge to scoff my head off, yet ;)

I'm having a midband, it's bigger than the heliogast and he puts no fill in at all. He reckons I should be on soft foods by Christmas!! :hungry:

Feeling very positive at the moment!! ... holidays on Thursday Yay yay!!! :P :confused: :D

Hi Suz,

Do you feel like you are losing any weight? My scales seem to have stuck, was this the case with u? I'm not eating anything yet not losing anything on the scales but my face seems slimmer (always goes off their 1st) so must be coming off? How are you doing on the phasing in? are you eating solids now? I'm on purees now but don't fancy any maybe mash potato and gravy but I think I will stick to my Soups.

How r u sarah?

Feeling good still besides the windy pain?

Are u weighing yourself everyday? You know that it will go up and down a lot day to day....

I should talk I jump om the scales everyday.... it's really depressing at the moment, but from my post i'm sure that you can see the end is nigh!!!!

To be honest, I haven't been on the scales since my visit to boots...when was that? scales have always been my enemy! So I don't know if I have lost weight or not lol.

Like you I have noticed the change in my face, hence the new photo, also when I smile I see I have collar bones! Ever since I can remember I have longed to have collar bones. I think it was all the movies i watched as a young girl, the ladies elegantly dressed with dainty shoulders and collar bones slightly protruding. I suspect it's a rather odd wish. I love just running my finger lightly over. I still have a long way to go though, it's just nice to know it's happening.

Also, I have got into a pair of trousers I bought ages ago! They are a size 20, which means in skirts I will be an 18, lord knows why, but I always have to go one size up for most trousers always have, even when I was a teenager.

As for food I will be moving onto solids on the 25th November. A month after the surgery. The mushie phase is going well, I still have baby food in the cupboard, I tried one and it was disgusting, so taken to making food and then blending it into a pulp! The thing I have found the most difficult is drinking enough water! Still battling with that one, I know I need to drink more and eventually I will manage it. With this cold weather I have taken to drinking warmed up slimfast for my Snacks in between the mushies. The vanilla warmed up is gorgeous.

Proper mashed potato and gravy is grogeous!

Don't worry if you don't seem to be losing weight on the scales, just consider how you are feeling. I don't know for you, but scales are a cruel taskmaster to some and it can create such a negative attitude that you bankrupt yourself. Strangely it works both ways with me. If I've lost weight I tend to lapse in the good behaviour and if I've gained weight I will eat to comfort my wounded pride. (that is the biggest mental change I need to make. Use positive mental attitude PMA to get me over the feelings) Hence my avoidance of scales, but I am going to go to boots on the 25th and weigh myself. I know any weight loss at the moment is a bounus as they don't expect any major weight loss in these first 6 weeks!

Just to let you no my scales have come unstuck this am and another 2 pounds gone....I can't help myself, I weigh myself everyday...I'm sorry but I expect results now i'm 4k down!! but I'm happy thats 7 pound altogether!!! yeah!!:clap2:

Hi Ya!

Good news that the scales have finally moved.... Even better news 4 kg is 8.8lb which means that you've lost more than you thought!!!

Weighing everyday is seen by some experts as a good way of staying in control of your weight, it's really only problem if your mood/behavious is adversley affected by the number you see!

Got all my bumf through from the surgeon today. I'm down for 8th December! (stomach flips feelling nervous!)

12 sheets of A4 of info to read ... planning on giving it to OH to read thru' and am planning on taking him to the support group on 3rd December to chat to others who have had the surgery, I hope that this will get him over his negativity and jitters.

I'm really please for you Hermione, its brilliant this feeling I can't wait till some of it really starts shedding and its noticable.

Whats nice is when it is done as well its done, before hand it's on your mind all the time and its hazes over everything else. Now I can finally get on with my life, can't wait to go on holiday in June, I might actually enjoy it!!

That's fantastic Hermione. So you still haven't told your OH, oh brother, that will definitely be one to read about :eek: I'm sure he will support you and at least you are doing it in the UK!

I'm glad to hear your scales have finally budged for you Sarah! My friend has just pointed out to me today that I have already lost two dress sizes and it isn't even a month yet, so in some ways I don't even care about what poundage I am carrying, it's just good to know that New Look is once again an option and the only way is down now!

It's a bit like the 2 dress sizes have been a reward for doing the right thing, so I am not going to stress if things do slow down a bit. I suspect I won't be needing a fill after the 6 weeks, I am not eating in huge amounts and I don't have huge hunger cravings, only when I forget to eat:hungry: and it's late, that has only happened a couple of times now and I know the punishment for that is. Trying not to repeat it any time soon! :speechles

So we will all soon be on the losing side, which is just fan-bloody-tastic!

Hugs to all, got to watch neighbours!