Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Was Your Progress?

Sleeved 9/19/12

Surgery weight: 340

Current weight: 285

A little over 3 months out & down 55 pounds. I expected more. O.o

I ate whatever I wanted and was full but it wasn't like before when I just ate and ate. I got on the scale this afternoon and was down to 199. I had a goal of being less than 200 by Christmas and had gotten a little discouraged because I went down to 200.4 and then back up to 202 and then I realized that I was a little constipated' date=' took some Miralax and didn't get on the scale again for about 4 days and since I have been eating whatever I felt like but not near as much, I was surprised when I found out I was down to 199.0 - finally.[/quote']

Isn't it awesome!!!! Even when u fall a little you don't lose control! I have had this happen to me too and it makes the sleeve so worth it!! Congrats to u!!

pinky awesome. i know you feel awesome

well for december ive lost 9 lbs. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it feels good to be in the low 30's now lets get to the 20's

I'm trying to think of a new short-term goal. I guess I will just make it 190 lbs.

Something else that has been happening. My knees have improved quite a bit. They still hurt after a while but now I can go to Walgreens or other smaller store and my knees don't hurt much. I used to have to grab a shopping cart to lean on and now I don't need to. I used to go to Walmart or Kroger because they have an electric cart. Sometimes I still use the cart if I'm tired or if I am doing a lot of shopping and going to go all around the whole store and "window shop" but if I'm just going to get one or two things near the front of the store I just walk there and back to the register.

I am also being able to do more housekeeping lately. I took everything out of the cabinets and scrubbed them all down and then sprayed for bugs. I'm still working on the kitchen. I'm not putting anything back if I don't use it. I bought new stainless steel cookware and am throwing out all my old worn non-stick cookware. And I have a cast Iron griddle/grill and a cast iron skillet. That is going back. And I'm going to get some glass storage containers.

Starting weight-248

Day of surgery-233

As of today 185:-)

I struggle daily w/ my sweet tooth. Does anyone else have this issue after being sleeved?

Starting weight-248

Day of surgery-233

I struggle daily w/ my sweet tooth. Does anyone else have this issue after being sleeved?

I struggled with sweets especially over the holidays. If I ate something sweet it just made it worse. Now that I am back home it is easier. I make sure to get in my Protein and stay away from the sweets. I don't seem to be craving them as much.

Looks like you are doing awesome!! Great loss :)

Surgery day : 262

Today : 194

Goal weight is 140 so over halfway there:)

i had a few tastes of sweets for the holiday, but i kept it strickly to a few. every now and then i take a nibble off my families goodies but i dont roam into that area.

Starting weight-248

Day of surgery-233

When was your date, we have almost same stats :). 246 before 233 day of and today 186.2 expecting 185 tomorrow :) lol great job!

UPDATE

Surgery date 9-17-12

Weight before pre op diet (and heaviest weight): 430

Weight day of surgery: 415

Weight 1-6-13: 326 (I need to update my tracker)

Total lost: 104

I'm really stoked about my weight loss! I have had to deal with some stalls for a few weeks here and there, but the weight eventually drops. I have really only been walking 2 times and week though this week I'm starting a weight training program. I have been avoiding most sweets and carbonated drinks, but really I'm eating all the foods I was eating before but in much smaller portions. Also I'm happy that I don't have the lactose intolerance that some VSG patients can end up with. My goal is to be under 300 lbs by my birthday in March! I wish everyone else the best of luck!

4weeks pre op 356lbs

Day of surgery 308lbs sept 19th

Today Jan 7th 255lbs 101lbs down

Personal goal 200lbs

55lbs to go.

Doctors goal is me in a large t shirt haven't been there since 4th grade. Can't see that happening not sure if I want it to. :)

i fit in a large shirt now and im really surprised because i havent worn one since high school. tried large bakini mens underwear for fun too, major fail!

LMAO!! Bakini undies a major fail for anyone!! I, toooooo, am now a large! Love it, as I just donated most of my XL and had donated ALL of my XXL over xmas. LOVE buying large shirts and large sweats! I don't want a shirt too loose now, as it makes me look fat lol