Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Was Your Progress?

Weighed yesterday and I've lost 72 lbs! It's weird, cause I stalled for 3 weeks.. Then ate a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have.. Broke the stall. Now I'm super motivated again! Exercising and eating good, and I started using Miralax every morning and adding all bran buds to my yogurt in the mornings. Man Fiber makes a difference! So lots of fiber and Protein and stay away from cake! Lol. Keep going guys! U can do it!

Was stalled for 3 weeks....weighed today and stall broke....am down 79 lbs since surgery on 9/18 .......and 126 lbs since started this journey on 6/4/2012.

Surgery 9/10- started at 243 now at 181!! Lost a lot of inches and feel great!!

My updates:

9/21 Surgery wt 225

Current wt 175

I had like a two week stall right before the cruise. One week after the cruise I lost 3.8 in a week.

YEAH...even went on a 5 day cruise and lost weight (could be because i simply couldn't eat AND I was in the gym at 0630 w 2 other peeps on a ship w over 3000 guests). Just had to share! :)

Was stalled for 3 weeks....weighed today and stall broke....am down 79 lbs since surgery on 9/18 .......and 126 lbs since started this journey on 6/4/2012.

Ahh I'm in that stall too!!! Uggh!!! Surgery around same time as you! I hope I don't get too discouraged

I am finally out of my stall - the only one I have had so far but it lasted 6 weeks. I got on the scale today and dropped 2 pounds. I am only 16 pounds from my goal.

My intention is to up my Protein and cut carbs. I suppose I will start that tomorrow since I had a cookie already today!

I cannot say enough times how happy I am that I had this surgery. :)

I'm only down 50lbs and my surgery date was 9/17. I'm happy but I still have 30lbs still my goal. Ugh...

I use to struggle to NOT eat so many calories. Now I struggle to eat enough! And the protein...eek! I don't get nearly enough in! I've tried so many Protein Shakes but I can't stand the taste. I eat a lot of eggs and cottage cheese...my saviors!

Congrats to all your weight loss! I feel so sexy now...you should too!

Surgery: 9/4

Starting weight: 237

Current weight: 175

-62lbs and 50 inches

Feeling amazing although I am pretty sure my weight loss has started to slow at this point. I still have 40-50lbs to reach goal.

I do not struggle with wanting food anymore and I am extremely grateful. Seems like my life the past few years revolved around when and what we were going to eat and I just don't think about it anymore. I am one of the lucky ones where that is concerned. Even if I do crave something bad, which is rare, I can usually take one or two bites and it either grosses me out or it just doesn't taste nearly as good as I remember and I'm done.

I am struggling to get all of my Protein in as I hate all of the shakes and I have tried them all. I have always struggled with drinking things like that and now it's even harder. I gag and I just can't do it and since I can really still only eat very little it has been tough. I am probably still only getting 700-800 calories and that is me working very hard bc I just can't eat more than 3-4 bites of anything most days. I have also lost a significant amount of hair. My hair was very fine so even though I had a lot, now that I've lost so much (probably lost 60-70%) my remaining "fine" hair does not hide the loss well. Obvious thinning can be seen on my scalp. I am just trying to deal the best I can and hoping it stops as grows back ASAP. I look ridiculous in wigs bc they're all so thick and my hair has never been thick.

Haven't gone down in sizes as quickly as I thought I would after such a large loss, but I'm also very short so I carry more in the middle and I have accepted that it'll take longer for jean sizes to change. I have gone from a 20 to a 14 or a size 34 waist so I am still happy.

Sorry for the novel. Has been a while so thought I'd post what I could think of. Glad to see everyone doing well and love reading about everyone's victories. Some days it's so hard to imagine making it to goal, but look how far we have all come. Amazing!

Update ( as I posted awhile back )

Surgery date 9/17

SW 231

CW 175

GW 130

Total 56 lbs loss so far

scale didn't move for two months , I adjusted my carb a d Protein intake and it started moving again , yaay

SW-248

CW-178

GW-130-135

SW-248

CW-178

GW-130-135

Surgery date-9.20.12

Hi all!

Hope everyone is still on track!

Well I must say I've been thinking that I most be the slowest loser here.

I finally hit the 50lbs lost today! Since surgery on 9/22.

I am so happy that the weight is coming off even though is moving slowly.

I can definitely eat a lot more now which is probably why the loss has slowed down now.

Can't wait to see pics of everyone here, I am hoping to post my pics once I hit onederland!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VST

jentheyo,

I have lost just about 50 lbs so far and my surgery was 9/26. Fifty pounds lost is 190. I seem to be stuck between 190 and 192. My scale gives weight in one-tenths, and the lowest I have seen is 190.2

and it bounces up to 191.8 and back down to 190.2, which I know is normal.

But at the same time, my clothes are getting looser. I have went from size 10 panties all the way down to size 7. I am finally fitting into most size 18 pants.

I was also in a 3-4 week stall, just the same lb going up and down, but finally broke this week and now down 55lbs total with 30-35 still to go! I think it is funny that we all think we are slow losers, but if you look at all of us in September we are all around the same rate, so maybe we are just normal!

I keep telling myself the weight did not get put on in 5 months so it is not going to all come off in 5 months and to just be patient, which is of course easier said than done, right! When I was in my stall, even though I was still eating 800 calories and getting in all my Water and Protein my brain was telling me "Well it looks like your are done". But I know that is not true, so just hang in there!

My Nutritionist did tell me that the closer I get to lower BMI's the slower the weight loss would be and that was ok! He said to focus more on that than the number on the scale (also easier said than done, right)! He also said on the BMI chart the numbers are really old, and he would never encourage anyone to be at the low end of that range.