Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Just thought I would swing on by and stare admiringly at my future seat on the loser bench ... see you on 10/16 bench!!!

SleevenChica: Sounds like you could use a hug. Big hugs to you!

Thank you!

Just stumbled upon "The World According to Egg Face" blog. I was initially thinking this was the one you mentioned and hopped on VST to thank you, but discovered this is actually a different one. Amazing recipes here and a whole bunch of Protein Shake and puréed food ideas. Shelly (aka Egg Face) had RNY but healthy high Protein recipes still apply!

http://theworldaccor...ogspot.com/?m=1

Oh, Eggface is going to be be a valuable asset once I get into my solid foods stage, for sure! I am especially going to look forward to the protein icecream. How much more perfect than that can you get? LOL!

Here is the one I was thinking about: http://gastricsleeve4me.blogspot.com/

Also, There is another one that I liked that can be pretty easily adapted to our sleeves: http://www.emilybites.com/ Emily Bites has a lot of little protein power-house bites that look amazing!

Have fun! :D

I spent the other night reading eggface's blog, amazing. I have seen the other two as well, such great resources.

I jut got on the scale this morning and had to step on it again to make sure it was right! 248!!! I haven't been in the 240's for 4 years! That means a 12 loss since surgery last Tuesday and 32lb loss total since the beginning of my pre op diet! Hope it's all smooth sailing like this:) keep up the good work my octosleevers!

That's awesome congrats :) I lost 14 lbs total since the pre-op you are doing great!

RN' date=' I was given medicine to make me loopy before being taken into the OR. I barely remember getting on the table. I wouldn't worry about it. They were just probably trying to help you relax.

This might be a TMI question so my apologies beforehand. I'm now on my full liquids. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and snack. Every time I drink one, I have to go to the bathroom. What in the world could be causing diaherria (I know that's not spelled right lol)? I am almost to the point of giving up on them. The shakes did not do that to me before surgery.[/quote']

That's happened to me too for the first 2-3 days I start drinking Protein shake after the surgery.

It is hard to believe I am a week and a day post op. I must admit I am ready to advance my diet. I also must admit that if it wasn't for you guys I would be off VST. Just so much BS on the boards. Yes, I am emotional right now and usually have thicker skin, but not right now.

I was sleeved the same day and I am a little emotional too...but I just thought it was the fact that I am sick of liquids!! lol. I did cheat and I pureed some tuna with low fat mayo, and I'll tell you....it was like eating Filet Mignon!!!! Cheer up....we've been thru alot the past 8 days!! It can only get better!

Hey all. I was sleeved 10/2 and feel great. Actually haven't had any pain or gas (knock on wood). I have however had a headache almost every day and can't sleep well. I've been able to get all my fluids in and plan to see if I can progress to something more at my post op appt tomorrow.

As of this morning I am 23 pounds down. Day of 316 now 293. I haven't been in the 200's in 5 years. It's amazing.

I was sleeved the same day and I am a little emotional too...but I just thought it was the fact that I am sick of liquids!! lol. I did cheat and I pureed some tuna with low fat mayo' date=' and I'll tell you....it was like eating Filet Mignon!!!! Cheer up....we've been thru alot the past 8 days!! It can only get better![/quote']

I have my post op tomorrow with surgeon and NUT I am praying they progress me food wise!

I'm sitting here eating yogurt and my stomach is gurgling like crazy! I mean it's like each swallow and a huge gurgle and rumble and then sometimes a burp. It's very odd. I had to laugh cause its like my stomach is either rejoicing or rebelling. lol

Had my post op appointment today down 10 pds since surgery Oct 1 that makes a total of 23 pds with the week pre op diet ;) i can now have moist foods

Yolo

Had appt today too. Oct 4th was surgery date. 271 pre-op. 268 day of surgery. Today 256!!!! I was shocked and super excited!! I know it's going to slow way down but still!! Walk walk walk sip sip sip. Lol

I have been mulling this over since day 1 post op, and I am absolutely befuddled. Tell me what you think

Day of surgery, I got there, was put in one of those Bair paws warmer gowns and left in a little room by myself (husband had to get the kids on the bus after dropping me off) nurse came in and out, super nice and attentive. Anesthesia came in with 2 IVs, didn't hook up right away. Waited some more. Got weighed, back in bed. Surgeon and anesthesia and OR Nurses came in to talk, last consents, Iv started... Then NOTHING, until recovery. I have had several surgeries before and I ALWAyS remember being wheeled into the OR, transferring to that table, IV, count backwards and fade to black. This has always been the spot I start to panic with the overhead lights,the people in masks, the clinking of the instruments. I DONT REMEMBER ANY OF IT. It's kind of making me a little crazy, missing that whole piece. Is it possible anesthesia gave me some twilight before being wheeled out to the OR because I did warn them of my Panic. Should I ask my surgeon, or let it go. Was it so scarey to me that I have just tucked it out of my consciousness. I am normally a very sane, down to Earth, realistic kind of person, so this is very odd for me.

Done Did It!

More than likely you were given some meds to help take the edge off. I was also given meds to take the edge off but I guess I was so anxious that it only took me down to the point where I didn't care and wasn't scared but I still felt very alert and aware of my surroundings. I remember waiting for what seemed 30 mins after they administered the relaxing meds. Finally they came to wheel me to the OR and I remember it being so cold that I was shivering and asking questions about why they keep the temp so low. I told them all about my period yada yada lol. I remember them having me scoot onto the OR table. They asked if they could strap my arms and I hesitated but said yeah. They asked if I was claustrophobic and sure enough I am so they decided to wait until I was knocked out. Next thing I remember is the anesthesiologist putting the mask on my face and telling me to breath deeply. I hate any type of mask on my face but I kept breathing deep and then I felt cold air coming through it after a couple of breaths. He told me to think about the beach and I did, fell asleep after 2 deep breaths of the cold air in the breathing mask. I had about 6 breaths total before I fell asleep. Next thing I remember is waking up in recovery in excruciating pain. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even cry. I have a very high pain tolerance, I don't give birth with pain meds and I had a homebirth with my 3rd kiddo.

My friends are amazed that I remember being wheeled back to the OR but supposedly it's pretty rare. I did have a panic attack before they gave me the relaxing meds. My hands and forearm started going numb. I was a total wreck lol it was my very first surgery and I didn't know what to expect :)

More than likely you were given some meds to help take the edge off. I was also given meds to take the edge off but I guess I was so anxious that it only took me down to the point where I didn't care and wasn't scared but I still felt very alert and aware of my surroundings. I remember waiting for what seemed 30 mins after they administered the relaxing meds. Finally they came to wheel me to the OR and I remember it being so cold that I was shivering and asking questions about why they keep the temp so low. I told them all about my period yada yada lol. I remember them having me scoot onto the OR table. They asked if they could strap my arms and I hesitated but said yeah. They asked if I was claustrophobic and sure enough I am so they decided to wait until I was knocked out. Next thing I remember is the anesthesiologist putting the mask on my face and telling me to breath deeply. I hate any type of mask on my face but I kept breathing deep and then I felt cold air coming through it after a couple of breaths. He told me to think about the beach and I did' date=' fell asleep after 2 deep breaths of the cold air in the breathing mask. I had about 6 breaths total before I fell asleep. Next thing I remember is waking up in recovery in excruciating pain. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even cry. I have a very high pain tolerance, I don't give birth with pain meds and I had a homebirth with my 3rd kiddo.

My friends are amazed that I remember being wheeled back to the OR but supposedly it's pretty rare. I did have a panic attack before they gave me the relaxing meds. My hands and forearm started going numb. I was a total wreck lol it was my very first surgery and I didn't know what to expect :)[/quote']

I would have loved something to calm my nerves. I walked back to the or, was played on the table and she said we will see you soon and then I woke up in recovery. Oh and I cried when my daughter left the room with my mom and tired not to on my way to the ER.

I would have loved something to calm my nerves. I walked back to the or' date=' was played on the table and she said we will see you soon and then I woke up in recovery. Oh and I cried when my daughter left the room with my mom and tired not to on my way to the ER.[/quote']

Thing is I never remember him telling me he was sedating me. That's why I was so confused. Oh well. I'm ok and getting better everyday. I know i am overdoing it. Staging my house to show, we are moving. i get very winded, but amI almost 30 pounds lighter than I was a Month ago. Never got winded before.