Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Fellow 9/4 (Or Last Week) Sleevers - How Are You Doing ?

I am doing pretty well. Got off to a rough start, but after I recovered from the reaction I had to the anesthesia things have improved. I have already been cleared to eat soft foods (fish, chicken, moist meats, veggies, etc.) and have been doing that since yesterday. I'm down 13 lbs since surgery and am super happy about that.

As of yesterday, I started breaking out with these tiny bumps on my face, neck, chest, and tops of my arms (acne) that I've never had before. I take really good care of my skin so that is really frustrating for me. I don't know if it is my skin purging or what, but I am really hoping this is not a permanent side effect.

I have gotten out the last few days, but I am more tired than I would normally be. I'm a bubbly busy body so it's hard to wear down so quickly when that's not what I'm used to. Hopefully that will improve as well. :)

Glad to hear how everyone is doing and hope to hear more from everyone.

I don't get how people can risk everything with eating eggs and having sex now. I wouldn't dream of taking those chances.

I get that you're referring to me... But I don't think you understand that not everyone's experience is the same. I'm almost a week out and it says on my discharge papers I can have eggs. It says to resume sexually activity as desired, I was asking when people were successful at it, doesn't mean I'm riding 24/7. Yes I would love to resume sexually activity but am cautious. As far as eggs, I tried it, big whoop. It says I may have them. I'm sorry that your Experience has not been well, alls you can do is stay strong, and when you're ready you can have eggs and sex too! Lol

My doctor started me on eggs and refried Beans, this week as well, and the egg tasted so good

Even if the doctor gave me permission for eating eggs post op, and sex...I STILL wouldn't do it. Logically, if you weigh the risks...they are NOT worth it. With the nursing training, and medical background I have in the military, and afte nursing two very ill children for many years, my conclusion is that it is not worth it...even for those with less pain...a suture line in the gut is a suture line, and for sleevers, that line is bigger than what all the other surgeries get....why risk a leak?...and then another surgery??...NO WAY!

I say the best advice is your drs. I'm pre op and can't wait to have some skinny sex lol :)

I was sleeved 9/3! Ten days post-op! I am on two weeks of full liquids, so just reading about eggs and Beans makes my mouth Water. I agree, most of the posts I have read the doctors give different recommendations. I had my one week appt on Monday and my doctor was very proud of me 25lbs! My surgery was not bad, I was up and walking that same day, no pain just frustration from not being able to sleep on my side. I am so happy to hear everyone is doing so well! I can get my water doen for sure with no difficulties! The Protein Shakes on the other hand...,.YUCK! LOL but that was the one thing my doctor insisted was a must, 60 grams of protein! Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make them not taste so bad?

I too am interested in any ideas on some shake ideas. What is everyone doing with their shakes ?

I actually had a headache today (1st one since surgery) and drank Carnation Breakfast drinks instead of my shakes today. Spent most of the day in bed.

I'm doing well! Returned to work part time yesterday. Tired from that. No issues with Water intake or Protein. My back has been hurting very badly by the end of the day though. That is annoying. I had my postop today & my staples removed. I am down 18 lbs since 8/14, now at 195.6. Work pants are pretty ginormous on me, but I am preferring that bc my incision sites are still sore. :-)

Robyn

I add SF syrups to my shakes. English toffee and caramel are my favorites!

I also add PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to my chocolate shakes. They are the best!!! (caramel in that one)

I also add SF pudding like pistacio or cheesecake. Maybe a little crystal lite.

Mix it up a bit so you get a variety! They are not so bad when you spice them up a bit :)

I add SF syrups to my shakes. English toffee and caramel are my favorites!

I also add PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to my chocolate shakes. They are the best!!! (caramel in that one)

I also add SF pudding like pistacio or cheesecake. Maybe a little crystal lite.

Mix it up a bit so you get a variety! They are not so bad when you spice them up a bit :)

I tried the PB2 yesterday, I love it. Now, I want to try the SF syrups. Where can I find those?

I found mine at world market. I bet if you google it they will tell you. Amazon has them too.

I was sleeved on the 4th. Not doing too badly at this point. Had horrible nausea the first couple days.

My biggest issues at this point are acid reflux and swallowing air. The acid reflux should resolve as I'm able to eat more, but I feel like I have a swollen throat, so I think I'm psychologically afraid of drinking LOL! The swallowing air thing - I just don't know. I'm workin on it is all I can say.

I have been off pain meds since... Friday - the day after I came home from the hospital. Get an occasional twinge. I'll be excited to do more working out than just walk. I've been working on a catering job I have coming up - the stuff that's freezable. Get a little worn out, but I'll definitely be ok to go back to work on Monday.

I lost 13 pounds the first week after surgery, with 3 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. Woo hoo! I'm sleeping better since surgery. Double woohoo!

I was sleeved 9/5 and I'm doing pretty good. I've thankfully had a good recovery. On Tuesday, I had my first postop check in and everything looked good. I was moved to soft food as well. I feel mostly normal other than my big incision over my navel is still tender and I'm having what may be intestinal gas that the gas x strips aren't helping at all. I'm going to pick up some pills tomorrow and may also call the nurse just to ask her opinion.

I'm so glad to be on the losers bench. Good luck to you all!!

I'm doing fairly well. It's still hard to swallow. I can eat three spoons of clear Soup and get pain up my throat and chest area. Doctor thinks its just swelling and advises a go slow approach. Strangely enough I can eat yogurt fine and my Protein shakes go down well enough if not too cold. I do seem to be sensitive to both hot and cold. Fudge sickles are yummy but painful. So is hot Soup i was sleeved on the 4th and went back to work a week later. I have an office job so it's not bad. I go to bed early though. I'm off pain meds except to sleep. I find that I wake up every two hours without the assistance and I know my body desperately needs sleep so I'll do what I need to to get it. I'm eating almost nothing - maybe 300 calories a day and I feel like I'm eating nonstop to get that much in. I'm also having a terrible reaction to aspartame. That's new. Yuck. I advance to puréed foods this weekend and I can't wait. I'm not at all hungry but my mouth is bored.

I've lost 21 pounds so far. The first 15 were pre-op. I know I'm still swollen so I'm delighted with the progress. My pants are really loose. It's annoying but good because otherwise my incisions would be bothersome.

I also wanted so say how sorry I am for those who did not get adequate nursing care or pain control. I used UCSD in San Diego and had a really nice experience. Nursing care was top notch and I had access to a full range of pain meds depending on the severity of my pain at all times. I really appreciated that.