Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hi there,

My date is 4th October! Mixed feelings of excitement and fear. I'm in Scotland- Anyone else from UK?

Hiya. Yep, opposite end of the UK to you. I'm from Sussex. I'm having my op on the 12th and like you, am full of excitement and a little bit of fear. How did your surgery go?

Hi all! I'm 42, single and getting sleeved at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles on October 15! I can't believe I'm a little more than a week away!

Hey everyone I'm getting close 10/18!! Finally I can say that I am excited and getting over my nerves! Today I participated in a walk for obesity and it was uplifting I got to meet a couple post op wls people. One of them highly recommended a Protein Shake and brought me the powder an recipe. It was yummy so I thought I would share!!

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/WheyProtein?referringRepId=

You can get the powder here^

Recipe:

1 scoop of Protein Powder

1 Tbsp of light cream

1 Tbsp of Hershey Lite chocolate Syrup

2 3 oz of Water

1 or 2 ice cubes or frozen strawberries

Nutritional Information (does not include the frozen strawberries):

Calories: 162.50

Protein: 18 grams

Carbs: 10.5 grams

Fat: 4.5 grams

Sugar: 7 grams

I actually added a half of a banana and it was really good!

I made it thru surg Oct.3-stayed in hosp three nights, but left today feeling good! The nurses said I had a lot of determination and thorough knowledge of what I need to do now! I gotta say - so far this is so much easier than I thought it would be!! My surg was at 2:30 in the afternoon. I was so nervous, I even started crying, but didn't even consider not doing it. First day after, I slept a LOT!! I lovede the crm of wheat Cereal and grape juice on the second day! Eat SLOW and steady.

It doesn't hurt to laugh or climb the stairs to my computer room :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see us all on the losers bench--so soon!!!

Hey sleevers!

Well, day 2 post op and the pains wanna still stay. I've been up walking and everything. Trying to burp but I can't...urrgghhh. At leaat I'm not crying like last night. I know that this too shall pass!

Hey sleevers!

Well' date=' day 2 post op and the pains wanna still stay. I've been up walking and everything. Trying to burp but I can't...urrgghhh. At leaat I'm not crying like last night. I know that this too shall pass![/quote']

I've been dealing with pretty severe gas pains too. The gas-x strips and heating pad have been my heroes. Holding a pillow over all the new holes in the tummy help ease burping as well. Good luck dear!

Hey guys, I'm 4 days post-op and feel great! I as well buty surgeon has me taking pepsid twice a day and gas x when I need it. The pepsid I will take for a month and I have to say it help a great deal. I still have pain on my left side but it gets better everyday. Today I was able to go without any pain meds.

Hello everyone.

I had my surgery on Oct 1st and, I think I'm doing as well as expected.

I have a question for the recently sleeved. I'm having what I would describe as internal tremors or chills. In not sure if this is normal. I should mention that I still have the drain in my side until my first post-op visit. It's secure; but I can't help but wonder if the chills are related to the drain or if I have pneumonia. This would be worst case scenario.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry guys hit the send button to early. What I was trying to say is. I also have gas pain. Lol

Hello everyone.

I had my surgery on Oct 1st and' date=' I think I'm doing as well as expected.

I have a question for the recently sleeved. I'm having what I would describe as internal tremors or chills. In not sure if this is normal. I should mention that I still have the drain in my side until my first post-op visit. It's secure; but I can't help but wonder if the chills are related to the drain or if I have pneumonia. This would be worst case scenario.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks for your feedback.[/quote']

Omg I had these internal tremors overnight and I was freaking out. It was something I have never felt before. Felt like my stomachs was pulsating a million times a minute. It wasn't painful but it woke me up. Didn't feel like gas or pain or acid...

Clear Liquids for 24 hrs starts in the morning. I can't believe its almost here. So grateful for this website. I learned most of what I know here! Think I am prepared.... Thanks everyone

Clear liquids for 24 hrs starts in the morning. I can't believe its almost here. So grateful for this website. I learned most of what I know here! Think I am prepared.... Thanks everyone

Congrats! Let us know how you're doing.

My new life begins October 15, 2012!

Clear liquids for 24 hrs starts in the morning. I can't believe its almost here. So grateful for this website. I learned most of what I know here! Think I am prepared.... Thanks everyone

Way to go brother! Hope to be joining you on the losers bench soon... Oct 25th for me. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Congrats also to all the other OctoSleevers who were already sleeved, and thanks for sharing all your stories.

Hello!

I just got sleeved on October first. I am cautiously optimistic as my username says..

You see, here is my story. I have been fat since I was a toddler. Same body type too! Skinny legs and arms, with central obesity. The only difference now is that I now, as a woman, have boobs and a waistline! (wink) I was first diagnosed with Stein Leventhol Syndrome when I was 32 years old (now 55) and now they call it PCOS.

What is important to note about my case is that my lifestyle for the past 35 years or so, has been second to none in terms of health. I eat very clean--no chemicals, preservative, artificial flavors/colors, only complex carbs (nothing white) and also watching Portion Control. I cook from scratch most every day and you couldn't pay me enough to go to a fast food or chain restaurant. I have always exercised 3-5 times a week doing some type of aerobics and weight training. I am also a Latin dancer. So, after working with alternative medicine doctors and nutritionists for the past 30 years, I resorted to what I felt was my only option---the Sleeve.

Case in point, I only lost 2 pounds before surgery while having between 750-1300 calories a day for 1 month! I've been home now for 3 days and part of me is having a "buyer's remorse" moment..."What the hell did I just do to my body?" It really went against everything I know about holistic healing. So, please, who else on here has PCOS, and also had been living a healthy lifestyle but was still overweight? How have you done? I need to feel hopeful!

Thank you so much and best of luck to everyone here!

P.S. My surgery was done at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge Ma, not at Tufts Medical Center, as the former was not an option listed. However, both these programs share surgeons.

Hi all! I'm 42' date=' single and getting sleeved at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles on October 15! I can't believe I'm a little more than a week away![/quote']

Hi sleeve sister! Our date is quickly approaching. What is your pre op diet?