Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hello all October Sleevers! I am new to this site and I am a sleever as of October 2, look forward to comparing notes and learning from the rest of you. God Bless

Fellow OctoSleevers' date='

I just wanted to share this because I am inspired by all of you and feel a little weak, shameful, and pathetic right now.

I had a rough weekend.

Mistake #1 was inviting a bunch of friends over for football this weekend, none of whom know I'm having WLS

Mistake #2 was making sure there was plenty of pizza, wings, chips, and beer available, you know, to be a "good host."

Mistake #3 was, after staying strong for a few hours, having "just one small slice of pizza"

Mistake #4 was having that one slice turn into 3 slices, a half dozen wings, and half a bag of chips

Mistake #5 was having "just one" beer

Mistake #6 (as I'm sure you can guess by now), was beers #2, 3, and 4.

Mistake #7 was not insisting that everyone take home leftovers, or having failed that, not throwing away leftovers

Mistake #8 was eating another 2 slices of cold pizza later last night / early this morning.

I can only hope this hasn't completely derailed the small gains I was making. I hope that I can get back on track, and stay strong. I hope this is the sort of thing I will be able to control post-sleeve. I have been leaning on this community's support, and yet having read through many more posts of success today, I don;t know if it made me even angrier at myself, more embarrassed, or what. I have known for so long that I have to change. I started today by throwing away everything "bad," prepping my Protein Shakes and healthy Snacks, and hate-walking 30 minutes uphill on the treadmill. I'll find out tomorrow how badly I've betrayed my scale (who had been treating me so well these past few weeks).

Thanks for letting me vent. Congrats again to all those already sleeved this month, and good luck to the upcoming losers (60+ ppl getting sleeved this week, according to Susan's list!)[/quote']

Give yourself a break! This is a HUGE life change we're facing and creating. We've all sabotaged ourselves in many ways and i have no doubt that although many posts show a lot of success, which is fabulous, I bet there are also people that have slipped but feel so guilty that they don't mention it on here. I believe, for me at least, out of fear I have slipped. Ive lived this way for over 30 years and its awfully familiar and now I'm facing an unknown future. And that's scary as well.

What's done is done so try to move forward. Beating yourself up accomplishes nothing. I suggest NOT getting on the scale tomorrow. The scale is mischievous. Even when we're perfect, it could show a gain. My friend who works for a sports fitness company begged me to only get on once a week. Things change day to day.

I'm getting sleeved October 15th.....scared and excited but also petrified of failure but I take deep breaths and try to focus on the good that is to come.

Hang in there!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hello everyone. Time is quickly approaching for my big day. I will be sleeved on Tuesday, the 9th. I am really getting nervous now. So far I have made it through my liquid diet without cheating. Never thought I would be able to go 10 days without solid food but it really wasn't too bad.

I wish you all good luck and much success in your weight loss goals.

Hello everyone. Time is quickly approaching for my big day. I will be sleeved on Tuesday' date=' the 9th. I am really getting nervous now. So far I have made it through my liquid diet without cheating. Never thought I would be able to go 10 days without solid food but it really wasn't too bad.

I wish you all good luck and much success in your weight loss goals.[/quote']

You're gonna do great!! Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Four days out from surgery and I am sorry to report that I'm one of the folks with pain after coming home. Not a ton and not unmanageable, but if you hurt afterwards don't worry. We're all (mostly) normal.

I have yet to be actually hungry, but I want to smell everyone's food! I don't want anything more than a good long sniff. How are our other post-sleevers doing?

Four days out from surgery and I am sorry to report that I'm one of the folks with pain after coming home. Not a ton and not unmanageable' date=' but if you hurt afterwards don't worry. We're all (mostly) normal.

I have yet to be actually hungry, but I want to smell everyone's food! I don't want anything more than a good long sniff. How are our other post-sleevers doing?[/quote']

I will join u in the pain club:( I have been good for the most part but do get this twisty sharp painful feel near my left ribcage. I didn't have a drain. It's not directly an incision site. Heat soothes it but its been there for a fee days.

I am on my way to hospital aaaahhhhhh !!

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA on this topic. Almost a week out now and have been taking some time to heal. Just wanted to let all my fellow oct sleevers know that u are always in my thoughts! Good luck, happy sleeving and happy healing! I am so proud of each and every one of us for getting through the past few months on restricted diets, those who have gone through barbaric liquid diets, those u went under the knife and those who are now healing one day at a time. U are all stars and I am warming up some seats on the losers bench for each of u. Love u all xoxo

Start the Miralax today!!! I'm not to happy about it lol but I have to do it!!

its not that bad Tiffani...the miralx gives you plent of "warning" before you have to go. lol

God's grace to all that is going to have surgery today. I am 64 hours away frfom my big day. I'm surprisingly calm. I know God is in control and I will be fine. Bags pack and ready to go. As of today I'm 13 pounds down on day 13 of my liquid diet.< /p>

Hi! I'm 30 and a mom of 2 (11 and 8). I'm in Maryland and scheduled for Oct 16th. Started my preop diet today.

Good lick to this week's octosleevers. I'll be waiting on the losers bench for you all!

its not that bad Tiffani...the miralx gives you plent of "warning" before you have to go. lol

Lmao yea all my stomach doing is gurgling ... Haven't really "went" yet