Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

Sara Mos, or anyone. I am in the same boat as you Only I was banded may 2, 2007 and have got a total of 6cc in my vg band and this last fill was Tuesday of this week and I can really fell the restriction I can eat only a few ounce of meat and a small vegetable and one more bite puts me in misery for around thrity minutes whow what a diffence two cc make. At first I thougth I mght be too tight but I can eat solids but not much of it. My question is will this losen up as time goes by. My first fill I never had to eat slow or drink slow but thats not even true now. You would think I would have learned that after the first epsiode of slimming but I am from MISSOURI SHOW ME, TELL ME, ONE MORE TIME. GOOD LUCK TO EVEYONE HERE!!!

Hi All,

Well 6 days post 2nd fill(s) I do have a slightly better restriction, I can still eat more than the desired amount (size of your fist so Im told) but I am being careful. I think I am going to need a bit more to be honest, but I am off on holiday next Friday for 2 weeks, and after speaking to the consultants secretary today, we both felt it would be wise to wait until I get back (mid July) and phone her then to see how I am restriction wise. I reckon, I need 05ml-1ml more, which would take me up to 6.5 or 7mls.

Sackaction-wow you sound like youve definately got restriction, the last time I had that was after surgery, I would have thought in time it slackens up, as the internal fat around the stomach decreases, but Id check with your doctor and see what he thinks, if thats normal, as I havent ever got to that stage yet. Intrestingly I had an e-mail from someone that had a band put in exactly a year before me, and she said that every 18lbs or so she needed a fill to get the restriction again.....so I guess we'll have to see? But Id definately check with your doc to see if its normal re the amount of food you can eat.

Take care all,

Sara

I also have a large band and experienced a similar problem. I have gained back almost 30 lbs. I went to the Dr. today and got a fill. I already had 6cc in my band and they added 2cc more (so I have 8cc so far). My Dr wants me to come back again next week to check it. I was told that some people may need up to 12 cc to get the right restriction.

I also have the large band, my first fill was 5cc, no restriction with that, I just went in yesterday and had my second fill for 1.5cc, I hope and pray I have some restriction now. Honestly I'm starting to freak a little, my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. My doc told yesterday my band can hold 14 cc !! Lord that is huge. :)

I also have the large band, my first fill was 5cc, no restriction with that, I just went in yesterday and had my second fill for 1.5cc, I hope and pray I have some restriction now. Honestly I'm starting to freak a little, my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. My doc told yesterday my band can hold 14 cc !! Lord that is huge. :)

My doctor goes sooooo slow with fills. I got my band in Nov. and am only at 6cc. She is afraid to give more than .5 - 1cc at a time. I am at the point where I am now starting to gain weight if I don't follow a strict diet. Disappointing! But she did say that most of her patients get to their sweet spot at 7-8ccs, so I am hoping that the next fill in a few weeks will do it. Right now the only things that my band restricts is chicken and salmon.....:help:

So I guess I'm lucky my doc started with a big fill. I just want some good restriction, sometimes it feels like I don't have a band.

I have the 10cc VG band, and had to 'arm-wrestle' my doctor to get my first fill...he said I was losing weight well enough that I didn't need the fill. I told him that I was losing weight mostly through self-control (had a bit of restriction early on), so he gave me 3 cc's. I feel like I have some restriction again, but I am really working on training myself to only have 4 - 6 oz. of food per meal...for me, at least, the mental part is just as important as the physical restriction.

I'm with 8cc and still don't feel much of a restriction. My doctor is very conservative with fills (usually no more than .5 /1cc at a time). This is taking a huge effort from my side to keep loosing instead of gaining weight. I have to remind myself all the time not to eat the «wrong» stuff and I'm sure I'm eating a much bigger quantity than I should.

I'm going for another fill next week.

I'm so grateful to have found this thread! I'm 9ccs in my band as off two weeks ago. First 10 days; great restriction. Now hardly any. It's in the brain!! He told me that he's had patients with 18ccs in the 10 Vg band. I don’t get it.

I just hate the excitement then the crash down again, and again…after my fills seem to fail me.

I'm so grateful to have found this thread! I'm 9ccs in my band as off two weeks ago. First 10 days; great restriction. Now hardly any. It's in the brain!! He told me that he's had patients with 18ccs in the 10 Vg band. I don’t get it.

I just hate the excitement then the crash down again, and again…after my fills seem to fail me.

18cc?! OMG!!! I'll never see the light of day!

No kidding. Frustrating as all hell.

Well, I guess now that I've had 2 fills; I'm 1/2 way there? lol

this is a great post. I guess this must be the kind of band that i have. i was told my band holds 10cc. my md only fill at .6 cc each fill every 6 weeks. It may take me FOREVER!!! to feel any restriction!! how discouraging. i have sticking from time to time but if food doesnt stick i can eat anything at any quantity. not what i had planned or hoped for. it is not just the money but the time it may take to get to the SWEET SPOT!!

thanks for all the info

Joan b

Reno

I think I my best fill level is around 6cc. Apparently I have very low sensation in my stomach. I require a barium swallow in order to reach a good fill. My fill Dr. noticed that I can be backed up almost to my esophagus without realizing it, so now I only fill with barium

JC