Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

To airwayman: oh dear, I meant to say 2006. Well anyway, I though your response was cute. Have fun. Diane H.

Damn. I already had plans for the Power Ball money. Oh, well. :cry John

I'm going to ask my doctor this week when I go in for my 8TH FILL, but wondered what you folks think...

I'm at 8.5 cc's but can only have restriction of the size bites I take - too big or fast and it feels like automatic heart burn as the bite goes down. Other than that I have no restriction. If I eat small bites, I can still consume large amounts of food - way over 2 cups (last night I went to Red Lobster and had a garden salad, biscuit, 6 large shrimp, a few bites of mashed potatoes and probably 1/2 cup of pasta). This worries me a great deal. Could it be that the band is too high up (only restricting my esophagus) or too low down (giving me a large pouch)?

OPINIONS PLEASE.....

Thanks all!

I just received 2 cc's yesterdayfor my second fill and I had 6 cc's from my first fill. Everyone thinks that the nurse practicianer is too aggressive but I have had no problems other than adjusting to eating slower and chewing more. I hope this last fill will do the trick. I was banded Nov 21, 07 and have lost 25 lbs. Slow going!!

I was banded 11/29 and have lost only 25 lbs as well.. I am now 5 cc fill.

I was banded on 01/31/07. I have the same band and I am getting upset because I am working out and not loosing much.

Because of my insurance I can't get my 1st fill until May 1. I think that is BS. I am really pissed.

I hope that my Dr. will be aggressive and give me a good 1st fill.

Jane

Jane, I didnt have my 1st fill untill I was 3 months out too! I also had 4 cc's put in my 10cc band. I have read on this site about ppl's fills, and one person had 4 fills and she still isn't at 4 cc's? I go again tomorrow and hoping to get 2 more cc's. Keep up the good work. Mary

I had my first fill yesterday, 1cc, so I'm at 3cc's. The fill was no big deal, took a few minutes, drank some Water and walked out to finish my day at work.

Jane, how about consulting with your Dr. to see if he/she will advocate for you to get a fill sooner? Maybe write or call BS on your behalf. Or, perhaps paying for this first one, out of pocket?

Shawn

I try to get one everytime I go. My doc charged a $600 fee for Vitamins and supplements and all the fills you need within the first year are included. He trys to schedule them for every 6 weeks, but I make my appts for every 4. I have been able to get one every time. I may let it go 5 weeks this time just cause I didn't do well the first week after the last fill so I need to play catch up.

I was banded on 01/31/07. I have the same band and I am getting upset because I am working out and not loosing much. I am really pissed. Jane

Jane, your ticker says you've lost 20 lbs. and you were banded one month ago? Geeze, that's 240 lbs. a year. And you haven't even had a fill yet! What were your expectations? JB

I was banded November, 2006, and have since had fills that have brought me up to 6ml's. I'm asuming that my next fill (next Friday) may bring me to my sweet spot.

My question - How can I tell my sweet spot from things getting stuck..? What's the difference in feeling.

Thanks...

I'm going to ask my doctor this week when I go in for my 8TH FILL, but wondered what you folks think...

I'm at 8.5 cc's but can only have restriction of the size bites I take - too big or fast and it feels like automatic heart burn as the bite goes down. Other than that I have no restriction. If I eat small bites, I can still consume large amounts of food - way over 2 cups (last night I went to Red Lobster and had a garden salad, biscuit, 6 large shrimp, a few bites of mashed potatoes and probably 1/2 cup of pasta). This worries me a great deal. Could it be that the band is too high up (only restricting my esophagus) or too low down (giving me a large pouch)?

OPINIONS PLEASE.....

Thanks all!

I feel the same. I just explained it on my other board. Ive had 2 fills and am at 5cc's. After the 1st I felt nothing. After the second I feel it if I eat to big of a piece or too fast. BUT I can still eat a lot. Too much for comfort. AND I am often stomach grumbling hungry. I think I will be calling for another fill!

my fills so tight i d be lucky to eat a prawn without throwing uop it must be inthe prefct place......i cant even relate to eating what you described i think its too high or too low palce dincorrectly and if so its your doctors responsibility gto fix it for free, get a sonogram and bring it to him from yur gyn ob, ifyour female.

idlooove a lobster wow! but am still not at goal weight and lobsters can wait.

Well, I'm at 10ccs. Hard to believe that is possible, but there it is - 10ccs - doctor pulled out all of the ccs to measure them and make sure they wern't leaking and nope - they are there. I can now FINALLY not eat big bites of anything and about 1/2 the time I can't eat more than a cup of food, but other times I can consume quite a bit more. I can't possibly need ANOTHER fill, can I?