Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For VG 10 cc Bandsters ONLY

10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 10 CC VG Band ONLY - How many cc's for good restriction?

• 9 + cc
    • 8 + cc
    • 6 + cc
    • 4 + cc

Getting super super depressed!!! I am up to 8.6 CCs with very little restriction. I have to really try to not overeat :) Haven't lost any weight in two months. Dr. Doesn't seem to understand my concerns. Three of my friends and family have been banded and they are losing weight like crazy. I am so scared I am going to fail and never be a normal sized human!! My doc wants to do floro but I don't have insurance and I don't know what to do!

Hello, I too have the 10cc band. I had my first fill on July 31, 5cc. I did not have an easy fill, my port was tilted and being a big baby, I got dizzy. I feel when she pulled the needle out some may have come out? But I do have some fullness feeling and there are some foods I can't eat.

I really think i will only need one more fill. I don't want to get to tight, but want to see the weight loss numbers increase. It seems some docs fill little amounts, and you ahve 6-7 fills before you get to the spot. I think my doc is more agressive. Not sure what is best.With my weak nerves, less fills is better for me.

I have a fill appt. on Tuesday. I was on vacation for 10 days, so at my appt. before I left, they said NO to the fill until I came back. So, as a result I gained 3 lbs!! Well, can't blame it on the band, but my BAD choices..

Hi Janine -- let us know how this fill did for you

missb, I understand how frustrating it can be, I feel that my weight loss is as slow as any other diet, and I get angry. But I really feel this is a commitment that will work that we need to stick with it! I read where some had fills up to 10cc before they were in the ZONE, it sucks but it happens.

gina, I had my fill without the drama this time! They did it in the office. I had 4. 5 or 4.75 in there, and they added 1 cc. My NP felt that I was very close to the zone since I had to stop eating and I was regurgitating food when I ate to much. she does not want me pbing or sliming all the time. I don't either, BUT I would like to feel a little more restriction. we shall see how this fill goes!

I don't have another appointment until October 8, at which time she told me not to count on and adjustment!! they have such a different approach. Not sure I like it!

I can't offer any helpful advise since I'm pretty much in the same position as you are. One fill, nada restriction. And I have to wait until the nurse practitioner is in my area again for the next fill. I finally got an appointment for two weeks hence, seven weeks after the first fill! What I'm really annoyed about is that I found out that I was getting the "special" VG band about an hour before surgery and no one told me the difference between the VG and the traditional band, so I had to go through all this frustration until I found this VG thread and learned that I was not alone. I lost weight during the first three weeks, probably because there was internal swelling from the surgery that acted like natural restriction. Now it's a struggle every day not to overeat.

Ilene,

I understand completly. I did not think there was much difference in the new VG band and the older version. I have the older?

I had restriction with in four weeks of surgery, and I to thought it was due to the swelling, or my NP thought there may be some salin in my band already( told they sometimes do this, don't know why they don't tell the patient?). But when I had my 1st fill there was nothing in there. I could not eat grilled chicken or bread/ sandwhich type. BUT today I decided for the first time to try a bite or two of a bagel, in the am when some say you are the tightest( not me!). NO PROBLEMS!!! Because I did not want to eat it, I gave the rest of the half to the dogs begging at my side! I did not want it, I was experimenting because I seem to be able to eat most anything. Those banders who are in the ZONE, say they can't eat in the morning and no bread. So, I really then have to disagree with my NP that I am close to no more fills.

What do you think?

I weighed myself this am, no loss! I will wait until next week, for I really don't want to weigh every day, it is not good for you because of the fluctuation.

I am now eating lunch, a lean quisine orange chicken, rice and broccoli. I cut up the chicken and stirred it all together, it is not dry. But I am having a hard time eating it. Not a stuck feeling but it is not settling feeling?

I wonder if we will ever get to a point where you don't analyze every bite and wait for the reaction. Thumbs up or thumbs down!

i found out recently that my doctor wants to use the bigger band, he said that it is better and the fill wraps around the whole stomach where as the reg size only goes around part of the stomach, i am a little nervous to have so many fills, it sound like the smaller one would be better for me. id rather have less fills

I wonder if we will ever get to a point where you don't analyze every bite and wait for the reaction. Thumbs up or thumbs down!

Hi Janine - I think this is our life for the time being. I have also found -- what is okay today - isn't always okay tomorrow.

Sending weightloss vibes out to you!!!!!

ja9va: I have tried the same thing with experimenting with food and as crazy as it sounds I have been hoping to get stuck so that I would know that I do have some restriction. I have taken bigger bites of chicken breast and not chewed it well just to see what would happen and noting. Maybe just a little discomfort in my chest but nothing that would indicate restriction. I currently have 6 in my band and go for another fill in about 3 weeks. So far Im very happy with my weight loss but its just a little scary because I know that if I wanted to I would beable to eat a lot more than what I do.

ja9va: I have tried the same thing with experimenting with food and as crazy as it sounds I have been hoping to get stuck so that I would know that I do have some restriction. I have taken bigger bites of chicken breast and not chewed it well just to see what would happen and noting. Maybe just a little discomfort in my chest but nothing that would indicate restriction. I currently have 6 in my band and go for another fill in about 3 weeks. So far Im very happy with my weight loss but its just a little scary because I know that if I wanted to I would beable to eat a lot more than what I do.

You loss seems very impressive!

Have you thought about calling and letting them know you need a fill now - you have no restirction. If this is not your first fill - I would think they would accomodate you!

Keep in touch!

Monica today I had two restricted meals! I ate deli turkey and a slice of low fat cheese for Breakfast. I ahd to slow down eating it because i could feel it going down and having a bit of a problem. then at dinner I ate a peice of grilled chicken and it was getting stuck. I picked out the dry bites I cut for the dogs and dipped others in sauce to eat. But at one point I had to stop eating and wait for it to pass, but no Pbing! Which is good, I really don't want to do that! So who knows!!!

gina My doc and NP is so booked that I would never be able to call and ask for an appointment. I called today and asked if I could move my appointment on Oct 8 from 10 am to the late pm. And the receptionist said no openings until the end of october or early November. I think my doc and the other one at Richmond St. Mary's has marketed their practice to much, they need a bigger office and more doctors! I have an entire month to work at this before the fill. But I am serious and need to do it!!

If I did not tell you yesterday your weight loss is FANTASTIC!!!

Janine - thanks for the compliment. It hasn't been a week yet since my last fill and I am pleased with the jump start this one did give me so far.

I am so sorry that they can't work you in -- maybe call back and ask again -- stating that this is really an issue for you.

Do they do it with the xray? I can't remember...getting old I guess.

I apologized to the doctor when I went in because I was feeling guilty that I had restriction but was not using self control to stop and to eatting quality food - but he was so nice about it and said I DID do the right thing -- that is why he has an open door policy and don't hesitate to call.

That made me feel much better -- because I made the appt being mad at myself at what I ate the day before (Labor Day) then got off the phone (morning after labor day) and had issues drinking Protein Shake -- and that's when the guilt started.

But I know now _ I did the right thing for me.

I do go to the Richmond area - if you are ever interested in meeting up for lunch or something. I am opening a new office up there and interviewing managers (as soon as someone applies - Hahaha).

Good Luck - and congrat's on your eating today!

GR8: My dr will only fill every 6 weeks dont know if it is a insurance thing or what. I have had 2 fills so far and have told him that it is mostly willpower that Im going on. Im just staying positive because I know that one day I will get to my sweetspot and than it should be smooth sailing. Im more impressed with your weight loss:)

ja9va: That gives me hope. Maybe oneday I will wake up and have restriction. I do get full easy and sometimes can feel things going down but nothing has gotten stuck. Maybe what I feel is restriction and I just dont know it. B)

I am up to 10cc in a 10cc band. Dr says you can actually put more then 10cc in them. Had no restriction at 9cc. Had another cc added yesterday. Hope it does the trick.:)

Any others? Only 11 people on here have the VG Band?

Hello, I was 'done' in Toronto Canada.

My first fill at 6wks was 5 cc's... Nurse tested me by making me drink 500ml of Water before I was allowed to leave the clinic. I was tightish but the water could go down, it took me 1/2 hour to drink the water.

NOw this past Tues, I got my 2nd fill = 2 cc's.. so now I have a total of 7 cc's in my 9.5 cc BAND.

Just today I am able to drink and eat a little more comfortably. .... but oh my is the weight starting to come off.

Between fill #1 and #2 I only lost 2.5 lbs.. and I was pissed with that, but also had not much restriction.

After fill#2 I have lost 1 lb per day so far... BONUS!!!

I hope you get the fills you wish for, try and be patient as being TOO FULL is no fun either.

Good luck!

GR8: My dr will only fill every 6 weeks dont know if it is a insurance thing or what. I have had 2 fills so far and have told him that it is mostly willpower that Im going on. Im just staying positive because I know that one day I will get to my sweetspot and than it should be smooth sailing. Im more impressed with your weight loss:)

ja9va: That gives me hope. Maybe oneday I will wake up and have restriction. I do get full easy and sometimes can feel things going down but nothing has gotten stuck. Maybe what I feel is restriction and I just dont know it. :)

How was your experience there? My GF had her Ru-n-Y bypass done by Barix in Michigan and they were fabulous there... what was the cost of the Lapband by them?

Did you have any ins. coverage to help out? or were you self pay?