Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Looking Forward To?

I've been reading posts on how people are nervous about their upcoming surgeries. Mine is scheduled for July 3rd. Not concerned about the operation at all. Everytime I think about it, my mind goes to the things I'm looking forward to.

I’m looking forward to the roller coasters, airplanes, restaurant booths, bathroom stalls, concert and movie seats, and clothes that I’ll be able to fit into again. The joy of playing basketball, tennis, golf and going long to catch a pass. The confidence in knowing I can sit in a chair – ANY CHAIR – and not worry about whether it can support me. The amusement parks, Water parks, state fairs that I can enjoy ALL DAY. To have the energy to climb a set of stairs, wash my own car, to help a friend move. To buy a shirt on sale from a DEPARTMENT STORE! To look great in a suit. To go to a conference and wear a 2x t-shirt instead of being the only 6x! I’m looking forward to seeing old friends, family, and business associates; the next class reunion! Oh, what joy it will be to spoon, have great sex, and to walk out of the shower feeling desirable. To not hear the inappropriate comments from people who say they love me (I WANT TO SIT ON THEM!); to hear the same comments from strangers! To get into the floor with my grandkids, knowing that I’m going to get in the floor with THEIR kids some day.

My view from the mountain top is so awesome, that the climb is merely a formality!

What are YOU looking forward to?

Wow.....what a really nice memo to read, it really made me feel warm & fuzzy...kudos to you!......I'm currently in route for my surgery. I'm looking forward to being my college weight, playing with my two sons and not feeling like I'm going to pass out, maybe running a marathon one day with my gal pals....and even greater sex & more creative positions with my hubby...but most importantly completely loving me and what I see as the reflection when I look in the mirror; these are a few of things that I'm looking forward to! Great luck with your surgery on 7/3!

-I am looking forward to not having asthma and sinus problems. I can't wait to be able to BREATH again!

-I can't wait for people to not think I am my twin sisters mother!

-I also can't wait to be the girl that can walk into a store and say I paid under $20 for my WHOLE outfit (including shoes.)

LOVE YOUR POST!!!!!!

Keep up this attitude, keep this up until the day you have surgery. Go into surgery with a smile on your face and a happy song in your heart, and hold onto all this.

I am looking forward to seeing my son get married and have children. I remember sitting on the couch last summer and I couldn't get out of it. Having a small brain tumor and lupus has been very hard on me, but the weight was pressing on my chest and lungs. I was having a hard time getting up the stairs. When I laid in bed at night, there was so much pressure on my lungs. My cousin died in her sleep due to obesity, and my great grandmother died at 49. I will be 49 this year.

I haven't been to an amusement park in years. Going to the movies sucked because the seats were too tight. Sitting in chairs, I was afraid i would break them. I was fainting when I laughed due to the weight pressing on the vegas nerve. I had to wear a heart monitor for a year. As I was sitting down stairs I replayed Sally Struthers as Jabba the Hut and I realized I was what was eating Gilbert Grape. My mind became a tragic comedy of epic proportions. Every thought was a fat joke in my head and I realized, the brain tumor and lupus isn't going to kill me, my weight was.

Now, I don't have those dark, cold lonely thoughts. My chest don't hurt when I lie in bed. I was so terrified I would die in my sleep and my husband would not notice and leave and my son would wake up and find me. I used to take Ambien and stay up until 3 or 4:00 am and wake up so early just to make sure I was still here.

I go to bed at 10:00 am and I fall asleep (without ambien) in minutes!!! I'm not afraid to sleep anymore.

I can't wait to go to Six Flags for Fright Fest. I haven't been there in well over 10 or 12 years.

I love seeing my father look at me with love, not with fear for my life.

I look forward to going to the grocer store on a Saturday. Every time I go I would run into people I know and leave my cart and leave the store, ashamed of what I looked like.

I love being me and I'm only 3 weeks out.

I can't wait for airplanes, rollercoasters (never been on one yet), high heels, cute outfits, start dating. I just can't wait to start my new life any everything that comes with it. I can't wait to be happy.

Wow. I've been trying to thing of things just to stay positive and avoid the painiced butterflies. I am looking forward to being in family photos, not insisting on being the one taking the pictures. I am looking forward to no seatbelt extenders on the airplanes, saying no problem to sitting in a booth at a restaurtant, shoppping in the regular section of the store, having no more back and knee pain, sleeping while cuddling with my husband, not with my c pap machine, looking like I belong with my husband and three skinny daughters (thank god they look more like their father. lol) Being able to run after my grandbabies. Living longer and longer and seeing all my daughters down the aisle. The list is endless.

Audrey, I don't miss the seatbelt extenders at all! It's great I still have plenty of room the side of the car doesn't hurt my hip, the seat belt doesn't dig into my left hip anymore. It's wonderful!

I would have to second almost all of the above posts - its amazing how we all just want the simple things that so many people NOT in our position take for granted.

I look forward to tying my own shoes without my children or husband asking if they can help me because of the hard breathing. Getting dressed after a shower without sweating so much I already need another one. Walking up the stairs at work and not having to come directly to my chair to rest and turn my fan on high blowing directly on me. I can't wait to stop watching my family have fun on the lake, jet skis and boat while I just sit on the dock like a beached whale. Look forward to being able to walk into a store and just pick up a top and know it will fit without trying it on. Not feeling like an anti-social person because I am too ashamed to go out and be around people that have never seen me this big. Can't wait to have a conversation with someone and think about anything but how fat they must think I am.

On a more serious level, I cant wait start fulfilling what God has called me to do. To stand in front of an audience and be an honorable representation of the temple He has entrusted me with. To not let the enemy get into my thoughts anymore, making me feel less important or unworthy because of my size. And last but not least...I can not wait to dance again!

...to have the bath towel wrap all the way around me.

To not have to turn sideways and get on my tippy toes to go through a turnstile.

Buying clothes in a regular store, not minding the booth at a restaurant, no more seatbelt extensions

I would have to second almost all of the above posts - its amazing how we all just want the simple things that so many people NOT in our position take for granted.

I look forward to tying my own shoes without my children or husband asking if they can help me because of the hard breathing. Getting dressed after a shower without sweating so much I already need another one. Walking up the stairs at work and not having to come directly to my chair to rest and turn my fan on high blowing directly on me. I can't wait to stop watching my family have fun on the lake' date=' jet skis and boat while I just sit on the dock like a beached whale. Look forward to being able to walk into a store and just pick up a top and know it will fit without trying it on. Not feeling like an anti-social person because I am too ashamed to go out and be around people that have never seen me this big. Can't wait to have a conversation with someone and think about anything but how fat they must think I am.

On a more serious level, I cant wait start fulfilling what God has called me to do. To stand in front of an audience and be an honorable representation of the temple He has entrusted me with. To not let the enemy get into my thoughts anymore, making me feel less important or unworthy because of my size. And last but not least...I can not wait to dance again![/quote']

Made2beme it is amazing that we are looking forward to what most people take for granted. On a more personal note, excuse be for asking but ae you LTS?

Made2beme it is amazing that we are looking forward to what most people take for granted. On a more personal note' date=' excuse be for asking but ae you LTS?[/quote']

Upps. LDS! Sorry

I love reading these posts.

I am most looking forward to NOT walking in the room and scanning the room to see if I am the largest perso there.

Not having to think about where I am seated in a crowded restaurant, as I may not be able to get through the isles if I need to get up for any reason.

I am looking forward to being active again, not having joint pain, being able to ride a bike, going to the beach, having fun with my handsome husband, not taking lots of medications every day, being able to dress up and look great, feeling younger than my birthdays tell me I am (!) and living a longer healthy life. I want to be able to take my hubby on a cruise for our 30th anniversary and feel 30 again. :)

I am hoping that 2013 will bring all these things and more that I have not even thought about yet.