Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I am so happy for you....Rosie is on her way I will be at hospital early sat....,wait for me I need HUGS'!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!, I am so hoping to meet you ! Tell them you have to meet me before the take you away to Labs and OR!!

Hello everyone!!! I'll be sleeved on August 28th!!! Super excited. I'm 29 years old, 5"7 and weigh 230!

Stormwarning,

You can always PM me on FB if you need to tak about anything. Seriously, the drugs they give are awesome!! They really are amazing! I feel a slight pain on my left side(where stomach was removed). I got up and walked the about 5:15 because I had some slight chest pain. It was nothing compared to the way I have heard it described. Dr.A is so caring (his looks aren't bad either). He told Mark that my surgey was beautiful, my liver looks great.

Jessica is wonderful. She took Mark out to lunch and he really liked her too. All the staff are very kind. Most of the ***ht nurses speak very little or no English and they are in and out all ***ht long. Can't carry on casual conversation with them at all. Jesus is the one that takes care of Dr.A's patients, he speaks English very well. I just cannot tell you how I am amazed that I did this and i am so happy !!! You will be too. It is just such a good feeling!

I know that your are ICandithis will be the same after it is over. The mouth dryness is the worst thing but i just wet a washcloth and wiped my lips, swished and spit Water, I use blistex medicated cream on my lips (not waxey or greasy ) and I also bought a tube of the spray mouth freshener Binaca. Those have been life savers for me so far! I keep them with my glasses in a clam shell large case and the stay right beside me in the bed.

I will keep you posted on my day today!

I am so completely happy for you! Now I am even more ready to do this lol...get home safe and keep us posted =)

Hi guys I'm new here , and yes my date it's 8/17 ... Im so nervous I can't even explain . Having this surgery it's what I wanted since a couple of years ago n now it's right around the corner and I can't enjoy being exited

Because I'm so nervous . Anyways good luck to all of us ...;)

Hi, I'm newly registered but have been doing my research and truly enjoy these forums! I'm scheduled for August 9th with Dr. Allison in Viera, FL. So excited and nervous.... On day 7 of my to week pre-op liquid diet :) so glad to finally post and reach out to my fellow August sleevers :(

Hey August sleevers just a suggestion reading about dry mouth get some Biotin comes in tooth paste mouthwash spray and gel it's for dry mouth symptoms works well can get a Walgreen ect

Hi, I'm newly registered but have been doing my research and truly enjoy these forums! I'm scheduled for August 9th with Dr. Allison in Viera, FL. So excited and nervous.... On day 7 of my to week pre-op liquid diet :) so glad to finally post and reach out to my fellow August sleevers :(

I'm scheduled for August 9th, too! How does day 7 feel? I'm on day 5 of 10 days & am doing fine. Excited & nervous is right... this is getting really real, really quickly! :) Good luck!

Hello! Sleeved yesterday, feeling tired and nauseas. Pain mainly in right side of abdomen. Doctor said probably from cutting muscles. I sleep a lot, thanks to the phenergan for nausea. On oral pain meds, and have had my bariatric first meal. I have walked a lot, try to walk at least every 2 hours. Nurses are awesome. Doctor great.

Hi guys I'm new here , and yes my date it's 8/17 ... Im so nervous I can't even explain . Having this surgery it's what I wanted since a couple of years ago n now it's right around the corner and I can't enjoy being exited

Because I'm so nervous . Anyways good luck to all of us ... ;)

I think we'd be lying if we said we weren't nervous, too! This is a BIG DEAL! You've had a long wait, too, so it makes sense that being this close would cause a little emotion. I'm 6 days away, less actually, I guess, & I'm blown away that I'm finally here. It's been exciting to hear how the first of us August sleevers are doing, calms me a bit. Good luck, you'll do awesome!

Yea shell! I'm glad you are doing well. Rest and check in often!

August sleeves....keep up the good work! No sleeve complications and everyone is feeling that we know of!!!!!!

Hi!!! *waves*

I'm an August sleever. My surgery is 8/21. Start my liquids only diet (Optifast) on Tuesday. Excited & nervous.

Alright...I'm in, too! Scheduled for August 20....starting the liquids on Monday....here we go!

Can't believe I've overlooked this thread for the past few weeks. I am on day #11 of my 2 week pre op diet. Scheduled for surgery bright and early Monday morning, 8/6 with Dr. Braverman from the NEW Program. Hospital is about 15 mins from home which makes things much easier.

I'm excited. Nervous. Hungry. and Ready!!! :D

Hi everyone!!

Well everything is official. I went in for my pre-op appt. My surgeon said he'll be using a 38 bougie (?)and i should only expect to spend 1 night.

The nutritionist suggested that I shouldnt purchase too much Protein or anything else since my tastes will change. According to her, the hospital will give me some carnation instant Breakfast that will last a few days.

So far, I've purchased a bottle of the Isopure fruit punch. Its pretty good to me but its so darn expensive. She also gave me some samples of Unjury vanilla and chocolate and suggested that I drink swanson broth and cook it with veggies then strain. I also got the little medicine cups to drink out of.

Seems so real now and I think my nerves are getting the best of me now.