Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Good luck to MGM I'm going the 20 they daughter will be with me maybe my husband he doesn't handle me being sick well hel be leaving for Korea and a few days after but what I'm reading about he emotional swings it will be for he best I give you kudos for going alone but you can always post for moral support

Hi everyone, I just found this board. I am scheduled for August 11 with Dr. Kelly in Mexico. I can't wait!

WOW WE HAVE GOT A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD SINCE YESTERDAY!!! IT'S GETTING REAL GUYS!

Sorry FutreSkinnyPants; I have been sending people this way as I see them post on the forums. Not sure if any of them are the new ones, but I have seen several people post with August dates and directed them here to meet other August Sleevers.

You are doing such a great job though, Thanks again for all your hard work.

Hi everyone, I just found this board. I am scheduled for August 11 with Dr. Kelly in Mexico. I can't wait!

Hi Lolo11 and welcome to the boards. Congrats on a surgery date. We are all one step closer to unleashing the person that is inside us all.

CAN'T WAIT!!! Only 3 weeks til August you guys! Wish mine was sooner, but I'm happy for all of you going before me :). I'm on Facebook. Could use some VSG VST friends if you want. It's www.facebook.com/mgmarse. And myfitnesspal is mgmarse. I haven't started tracking yet really.

Sorry FutreSkinnyPants; I have been sending people this way as I see them post on the forums. Not sure if any of them are the new ones, but I have seen several people post with August dates and directed them here to meet other August Sleevers.

You are doing such a great job though, Thanks again for all your hard work.

Thats great! thanks! i was wondering. i was like omg theres like 20 new people today lol. thats wonderful. we all need all the support we can get!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!! Only 3 weeks til August you guys! Wish mine was sooner, but I'm happy for all of you going before me :). I'm on Facebook. Could use some VSG VST friends if you want. It's www.facebook.com/mgmarse. And myfitnesspal is mgmarse. I haven't started tracking yet really.

i think you added me but im not sure, if you didn't its in my signature! I'm getting so fricken excited~~~

I feel like I am the only person not excited! I'm not nervous or scared really either though. I'm kinda indifferent and I feel everyone else is excited and making a huge deal about it and I'm like yeah ok hanks lol. P.s. Thanks kezar the body monitor app is great! And igot my new eat smart scale today and it came with a tape measure for measurements. Genius lol

I think you added me but im not sure' date=' if you didn't its in my signature! I'm getting so fricken excited~~~[/quote']

yes, you're on mine. I have your personal and the one on here!!!

I have myfitness pal, but I haven't been using it yet. I have actually been looking into fitbit, only cause most of my daily activities and duties are on a ranch working. So the fitbit will keep track of steps, stairs, movement etc. and it even will track my sleep cycles along with food and calories. I am not sure how much time I will have to actually do the treadmill or go to a gym, but I will be doing physical labor once I am cleared to do so of course.

I went shopping the other day to buy some of the items that is required of me to have before and after surgery. I was walking arm and arm with my husband and I was jittery and nervous. He asked me what was wrong and I told him, shopping is making all this real. It was giving me butterflies in my stomach. He just assured me everything was going to be ok. After getting back into town from shopping we went to check mail, and to my surprise I got our passports in. That was the final straw for me. That almost sent me running for the bathroom. Those butterflies were trying to get out of my stomach. Luckily I was able to gain control of my swirling mind before it sent me overboard.

The passports truly made everything real and thats when reality set in.

So now its been a few days, I have been able to relax, and face my emotions. I am sure they may be hard to control until that day comes and goes. Here I thought I was strong, and life found a way to slap me in the face and say "Wake Up Honey" again.

August 6th here ! Sleeve will be done by Dr. Nain in Woodbridge, VA. I'm 22 years old ( 23 next month- yay for surgery birthday gift to myself! ) and ready to get healthy and in shape! I am 5'4 and currently 257 lbs . I would love to lose 100 lbs , but 20 to 30 more would be awesome!

WooHoo.. Welcome aboard Sleevealicious. I too am having surgery on the 6th,

Our very own August wonder " FutureSkinnyPants" will have your name on the tracking chart very soon. She is the wonderful lady who is keeping chart of everyones surgery date. We would truly be lost without her.

I would like to wish you the best of luck on your new journey. May our roads be paved as smoothly as possible.

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr alvarez MX

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog

Tabbymonroe

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

WOW WE HAVE GOT A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD SINCE YESTERDAY!!! IT'S GETTING REAL GUYS!

Welcome ATLSara' date=' dooter55, melissa kirk, washffpm, zack515, and lifesaver

If any of your have Facebook add me, my link is in my signature....as well as my youtube link . I will be vlogging everything about this experience!!![/quote']

Hi futureskinnypants.

If you will add me to the August sleevers list. I am August 10th with Dr Kelly in Tijuana. Thanks!

August 24th is my surgery date...In Topeka, Kansas

I'm not sure yet when my surgery date is. My Pre Op appointment is July 12, so my surgery may very well be the first week of August.

I wish my date wasnt so far away, ive been told that a 'booked surgeon is a good surgeon' so at least i can take comfort in that!

In the meantime I took a page from Slenderella's book and have started my own "Pre-Op Wean-Off"

July 3 - No diet soda/carbonated beverages

July 10 - No sugar

July 17 - No fried foods

July 24 - No white/refined grains/bread/carbs

July 31 - No caffiene (eeeeek!)

Aug 7 - Pre-op liquid diet begins

Hard to believe pre-op is only a month away!!