Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

H everyone!

I got my results back from my ekg and while every other test has had GREAT results...... The nurse called and told me that i have a bundle blockage in my heart. I have never had any heart problems or high BP. She told me that it could be nothing but i cant be put on anesthesia until they knew for sure.

Anyway Im freaking out!! Im scheduled for Aug10th and i was mentally preparing for change. No food funrals just lowering my carbs and walking

I hope everything turns out okay for you....please keep us posted. Remember your health is the number one thing, if thats something you have to take care of first then you can get surgery...if need be. but hopefully its nothing and you can still be an august 10th sleever!!! We all hope so!! <3

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

7.31.12-txjina1

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

EcuaTrucho dr richard Nguyen

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr Alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

carlab51 dr mccarty dallas tx

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick dr david suh

ReeTee Dr S. Killeen TX

aznurse4u Dr Monash Tucson AZ

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.9.12 shaniceh01 Sabrena Noria New orleans louisiana

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx july 31st

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

peacelove&tash dr douglas olsen TN

half~of~bri dr roc bauman

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx

nurse05 Dr Garcia MX

8.22.12-minniemouse dr wayne weiss

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

Onlyone Dr Garcia MX

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

tammy ansley topeka kansas

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

bluelemons, Dr Alvarez MX

8.28.12 vixkey dr krahn cali

JLOR Dr David Kim, Dallas TX

Red597 Dr Eric Mallico

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban varela

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

kimmyiet Dr R marvin houston TX

Irishgirl78

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

Hey all :) Congrats to everyone who just got dates, i hope i got everyone. If you don't see your name on the list please feel free to tell me!!! Well folks, we are getting close! It's 5 days til I start the pre op diet, and 2 weeks 6 days til surgery.....YES!!!! Less than 3 weeks!!!!

Okay, so question of the day!!! My friend was going to have surgery. She ended up losing so much on pre op (33 lbs) (244-211) that she and the doctor decided she could probably get to goal herself. (plus the fact that she was terribly sick the entire time, and is allergic to the nausea patch) Anyway she didn't go through with it and now shes regretting it, a couple months later. They won't honor the price that was originally given to her. So she was considering Mexico.....heres where you guys come in....a lot of you are going to mexico....the one doctor she checked with ...after the financing would have been about 8700 cash then the financing 10% and a plane ticket to get to the west coast. I saw a lot of the sleeve prices at 4400 and such, what are the prices? does your doctor do financing? How much is your TOTAL cost??? AND, non mexico sleevers......are you insurance or self pay?

I am self pay because my insurance (BCBS carefirst) wont cover it. Or DOESNT cover it. So I was lucky enough to catch a "promotion" of 8000 so they could get surgeries in to be a center of excellence. I'm traveling from new jersey to myrtle beach. its a 10 hour drive but i know it'll be worth it!!!!

Ok so on my preop diet its liquids for 30 days, I called the doctors office to see if I could blend and puree veggies in chicken broth and make my own Soup. I think most those cream of Soups is nasty tasting and all.

She said if that was my one Soup an not to use starchy ones as much like potatoes, so here is what I made tonight.

a general recipe I will try with other veggies.

I cooked in fry pan with no oil, just a spray like pam, with some fresh basil, just to give them a grilled like flavor. then added a cup of Water with the chicken broth granuales then added the flour to make a rue, then added skim milk, let it thickened some, then pureed in the blender. also added some unjury no flavored Protein powder (not added in to calculations) Summer Squash Soup Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol Spark - Grilled Yellow Squash, 0.5 medium squash 44 3 4 1 3 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Zucchini - Grilled Zucchini, 1/2 cup (57g) 11 2 0 1 5 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Great Value - White Flour, 0.1 cup (2tsp). 40 9 0 1 0 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Wyler's - Instant Bouillon Chicken Granules, 2 tsp 10 2 0 0 1,480 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Great Value Skim Milk - Fat Free Milk, 1.5 cup 135 20 0 12 195 8 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Total: 240 36 4 15 1683 8 Per Serving: 240 36 4 15 1683 8

Can I join the party?? My sleeve date is August 1 and I start my preop diet the 22 of July. My birthday is the 23 so my last meal will be where ever hubby takes me 2 days early. I am definitely having wine with that meal!!. I am having my surgery in Middletown PA, just north of Philadelphia. My surgeon is Dr. Medvetz at Barix.

Can I join the party?? My sleeve date is August 1 and I start my preop diet the 22 of July. My birthday is the 23 so my last meal will be where ever hubby takes me 2 days early. I am definitely having wine with that meal!!. I am having my surgery in Middletown PA, just north of Philadelphia. My surgeon is Dr. Medvetz at Barix.

Welcome Barb

Welcome to the party

Thanks for the response @cegull. I too am excited about the opportunity to be active with my 11 year old son. Maybe ill be a team mom one day.. no im kidding..but ill be more active. Im lokking forward to six flags schlitterbahn Water park great wolf lodge and disney world next year...

Hey ill even save money by not eating fast food every other day..my son thinks his eating habits will not change I said yes they will you need to start early son.

Ok so on my preop diet its liquids for 30 days, I called the doctors office to see if I could blend and puree veggies in chicken broth and make my own Soup. I think most those cream of Soups is nasty tasting and all.

She said if that was my one soup an not to use starchy ones as much like potatoes, so here is what I made tonight.

a general recipe I will try with other veggies.

I cooked in fry pan with no oil, just a spray like pam, with some fresh basil, just to give them a grilled like flavor. then added a cup of Water with the chicken broth granuales then added the flour to make a rue, then added skim milk, let it thickened some, then pureed in the blender. also added some unjury no flavored Protein powder (not added in to calculations) Summer Squash Soup Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol Spark - Grilled Yellow Squash, 0.5 medium squash 44 3 4 1 3 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Zucchini - Grilled Zucchini, 1/2 cup (57g) 11 2 0 1 5 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Great Value - White Flour, 0.1 cup (2tsp). 40 9 0 1 0 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Wyler's - Instant Bouillon Chicken Granules, 2 tsp 10 2 0 0 1,480 0 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Great Value Skim Milk - Fat Free Milk, 1.5 cup 135 20 0 12 195 8 ico_delete.gif?1327990161 Total: 240 36 4 15 1683 8 Per Serving: 240 36 4 15 1683 8

30 days???? geeeeeez. Good luck!!!

Welcome Barb

Welcome to the party!!

30 days is crazy where did they do there research

Is anyone just exhausted I don't know if it's the heat or what but I have had0 energy for a couple of weeks

I suddenly realized today that I have moved past scared out of my wits one minute and super exicted the next to being completely at peace with my decision to have surgery. This feels amazing!!!

Q of the day (and probably not much help because the numbers don't compare to Mexico) but, my doc has an inclusive two year package for everything except the extra exams (dependent on patient needs) and the first appt.

So the first appt is 850, psyc (my only other costs because I am low bmi with no other complications) 350 and the two year package is 16300 so my total is 17,500. I, also self pay if that matters.

H everyone!

I got my results back from my ekg and while every other test has had GREAT results...... The nurse called and told me that i have a bundle blockage in my heart. I have never had any heart problems or high BP. She told me that it could be nothing but i cant be put on anesthesia until they knew for sure.

Anyway Im freaking out!! Im scheduled for Aug10th and i was mentally preparing for change. No food funrals just lowering my carbs and walking

Charm -- I am sorry to hear about your news. You'll be in my thoughts. What are they going to do next? Please keep us posted.