Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

QOTD: Do you have any major award planned for yourself along the way down the scale or at the end?

I really hope to make it to Hawaii or take a South Pacific & Tahiti Cruise. I am more than scared of plastic surgery. I will have to be miserable in my skin to have it done. I would rather vacation!

Well I finally got thru all 28 pages! Whew there are a lot of August people! I am going for surgery August 28th here in Dallas with Dr. David Kim. I'm currently 5'5" and weighed in a few days ago at 194. I would like to get down to 120-130. I started being overweight at 20, got to around 150, then by 25 I was about 165, by 30 I was 170...you see where this is headed. I have to stop NOW, so that is why I made this decision.

What am I most scared of.....I have three weeks of all liquid diets and I can't stand the Protein drinks! UGH I know this is really silly to be scared about but I want this to be successful and I don't know how I'm going to get thru this unless I find some that I can actually get down without gagging. I'm not so worried about the surgery because I'm healthy, and also it still feels a ways off to me.

Who is the one person I want to see the new skinny me?......me! I want a picture of myself that I'm not ashamed of. I haven't seen one of those in about 20 years.

What preparations am I making?

7/1- Took me 2 weeks to kick the caffeine and carbonation! wow the headaches!

7/16- Tomorrow I am shooting for limiting carbs and continuing to shop for Protein Shakes. My doctor recommends Bari-Essentials and Opti-fast. Anyone tried them? Continue to walk a minimum of 5X per week for 1 hour. Start jogging for at least 6 minutes of that time.

7/23- No carbs at all and move to jogging for 10 minutes and rest walking for a total of an hour a day. Also, this is the week of my pre-op appointments, EKG, GERD Test, Pre-Op diet seminar

7/30- Start limiting my in take significantly. Move to jogging 15 minutes, walking 45.

8/7- Last "normal meal" for my husbands BDAY

8/8-Start the Pre-Op diet

Finally, what are the three things I can't wait to do when I'm skinny?

1.Take a family portrait....I have never done one and my boys are in high school!

2. See someone and have them not recognize me. Wow that would feel good!

3. RUN, JUMP, SKIP, PLAY! I want to do everything!

Here's a new question I have not seen...what is going to be your final reward for losing ALL the weight? (I plan to have small ones along the way as well!) I want to go to Peru and walk up to Macchu Pichu! (not sure if I spelled that right)

Good luck all!

I with you allnew me this surgery is enough I want travel overseas I may consider a mini face lift but never say never I guess it just depends on how you look

Hello

August 6 2012

Dr. S

Killeen, Tx

Nice to be joining, this blog is grear. I have already started jotting down helpful tips.

This is a test.

Now that I passed, I will write. I am 61 and have been a yo-yo'er all my life. I am to the point now that I really must get this weight off due to health reasons. I am 5'5" and weigh 260 lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. I changed jobs two years ago, and this one is much more sedentary than the previous job. So here came that last 50 pounds. I started the process of insurance approval and then found this site. Even with insurance, I would be paying $5000.00 plus 20%. I decided that with airfare tacked on that I could go to Mexico cheaper. My appointment is with Dr. Garcia in Mexico on August 23. Now I am just waiting for my passport to come. I will be traveling alone, and I am naturally very apprehensive. Guess I will just have to suck it up and wear my big girl panties. I am thrilled to be active here instead of a lurker.

QOTD: I have a few rewards for myself planned. lol New Skinny wardrobe and trip to either Hawaii or Carribean! Also would like to go back to Disney again next year and see how it feels to do all that walking 70lbs thinner! Depending upon how I look after I lose the weight a Tummy Tuck and have my arms done. I had 3 c sections so I have a feeling my stomach isn't going to bounce back easily and my arms have always been heavy even when I've lost a lot of weight in the past.

I'm going to get some great exercise this morning. A tree fell in my backyard, crushed a big umbrella and fell into the pool. Lots of cleanup to do with my husband...fun fun!

iggychic, lol to fishkill. When I first heard that name I thought the same thing!

Have a great day everyone! :)

Minnie, I'm going to Disney land aug 6 (which will be unbearably hot I know) with my six year old and a friend of his (2 moms, a dad, two kids and a nanny). When you are ready to back look at this house we are renting called the Disney theme home. (you can google it). It's a bit pricy if you don't share the costs but for us it was better than multiple hotel rooms and it's so freaking cool! My surgery will be right after the trip hopefully so I'll want to visit skinny again as well lol.

Btw....my intake appt is today at one. I'm soooooooo excited!

Well I finally got thru all 28 pages! Whew there are a lot of August people! I am going for surgery August 28th here in Dallas with Dr. David Kim. I'm currently 5'5" and weighed in a few days ago at 194. I would like to get down to 120-130. I started being overweight at 20, got to around 150, then by 25 I was about 165, by 30 I was 170...you see where this is headed. I have to stop NOW, so that is why I made this decision.

What am I most scared of.....I have three weeks of all liquid diets and I can't stand the Protein drinks! UGH I know this is really silly to be scared about but I want this to be successful and I don't know how I'm going to get thru this unless I find some that I can actually get down without gagging. I'm not so worried about the surgery because I'm healthy, and also it still feels a ways off to me.

Who is the one person I want to see the new skinny me?......me! I want a picture of myself that I'm not ashamed of. I haven't seen one of those in about 20 years.

What preparations am I making?

7/1- Took me 2 weeks to kick the caffeine and carbonation! wow the headaches!

7/16- Tomorrow I am shooting for limiting carbs and continuing to shop for Protein Shakes. My doctor recommends Bari-Essentials and Opti-fast. Anyone tried them? Continue to walk a minimum of 5X per week for 1 hour. Start jogging for at least 6 minutes of that time.

7/23- No carbs at all and move to jogging for 10 minutes and rest walking for a total of an hour a day. Also, this is the week of my pre-op appointments, EKG, GERD Test, Pre-Op diet seminar

7/30- Start limiting my in take significantly. Move to jogging 15 minutes, walking 45.

8/7- Last "normal meal" for my husbands BDAY

8/8-Start the Pre-Op diet

Finally, what are the three things I can't wait to do when I'm skinny?

1.Take a family portrait....I have never done one and my boys are in high school!

2. See someone and have them not recognize me. Wow that would feel good!

3. RUN, JUMP, SKIP, PLAY! I want to do everything!

Here's a new question I have not seen...what is going to be your final reward for losing ALL the weight? (I plan to have small ones along the way as well!) I want to go to Peru and walk up to Macchu Pichu! (not sure if I spelled that right)

Good luck all!

Hi JLOR!

Looks like we are both having surgery this month by Dr. David Kim! My surgery is August 7th.

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

7.31.12-txjina1

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

EcuaTrucho dr richard Nguyen

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

carlab51 dr mccarty dallas tx

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick dr david suh

ReeTee Dr S. Killeen TX

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.9.12 shaniceh01 Sabrena Noria New orleans louisiana

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly tijuana

Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx july 31st

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

peacelove&tash dr douglas olsen TN

half~of~bri dr roc bauman

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx

8.22.12-minniemouse dr wayne weiss

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

Onlyone Dr Garcia MX

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

tammy ansley topeka kansas

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

8.28.12 vixkey dr krahn cali

JLOR Dr David Kim, Dallas TX

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban varela

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

kimmyiet Dr R marvin houston TX

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

Hey folks! Sorry I went MIA for a couple days. My birthday was saturday. I went to atlantic city and didn't spend much time on the computer this weekend. Trying to get stuff ready for surgery. I packed my boyfriends suitcase last night. He's 100% packed and not allowed to take any clothes out of the suit case :)

Mine, not so easy. Nurse says I should probably lose 20-30 lbs by surgery so i dont know what will fit and what wont. I had bought a couple outfits from Walmart but ended up not liking them and taking them back. I guess i'll just wing it. God knows i always over pack anyway :)

So Your all added on, if i missed anyone please let me know!!! Welcome to all the new comers and congrats! and for all the folks that don't know their date yet but know they will be august sleevers, just post it when you find out and ill add ya on :) Congrats!!

QOTD- what diets have you tried before eventually deciding on the sleeve??? Did any of them work for you??

I've tried slimfast, Atkins, weight watchers and juice fasting.

I never lost anything with slim fast since i like Cookies with my "chocolate milk" yep thats why im a big girl.

Atkins i lost about 25 lbs in high school ( i was only about 210 then so i was happy with that)

Weight watchers I lost 40 from may-october then did a juice fast for 2 weeks and lost another 14 ish.

Gained all that back, obviously!

QOTD- what diets have you tried before eventually deciding on the sleeve??? Did any of them work for you??

I've tried slimfast, Atkins, weight watchers and juice fasting.

I never lost anything with slim fast since i like Cookies with my "chocolate milk" yep thats why im a big girl.

Atkins i lost about 25 lbs in high school ( i was only about 210 then so i was happy with that)

Weight watchers I lost 40 from may-october then did a juice fast for 2 weeks and lost another 14 ish.

Gained all that back, obviously!

Here are the diets I have tried and failed:

• Starvation and exercise
  • Weight watchers (multiple times)
  • Jenny Craig
  • Atkins
  • LA Weightloss
  • Southbeach Diet
  • HcG
  • Blood Type diet
  • Paleo Diet
  • Xyneodrine/Hydroxicut pills
  • SlimFast
  • Dexatrim

Failed on all of them. Lame.

Excited to finally lose for GOOD! I've never been able to say that. I have always lost weight with the intention and hope of never gaining it back but always have. I can't take the perpetual feeling of failure and disappointment anymore. This surgery is my reward for getting my MBA recently (I wanted a new car at first but I will drive my P.O.S. into the ground if I can sustain weightloss and get healthy with this surgery).

Here are the diets I have tried and failed:

• Starvation and exercise
  • Weight watchers (multiple times)
  • Jenny Craig
  • Atkins
  • LA Weightloss
  • Southbeach Diet
  • HcG
  • Blood Type diet
  • Paleo Diet
  • Xyneodrine/Hydroxicut pills
  • SlimFast
  • Dexatrim

Failed on all of them. Lame.

Excited to finally lose for GOOD! I've never been able to say that. I have always lost weight with the intention and hope of never gaining it back but always have. I can't take the perpetual feeling of failure and disappointment anymore. This surgery is my reward for getting my MBA recently (I wanted a new car at first but I will drive my P.O.S. into the ground if I can sustain weightloss and get healthy with this surgery).

Yea! for finishing your MBA! :D