Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thank you for all the well wishes and good luck for tomorrow Angie. My surgery went well. So far I have had no gas pain or nausea. I slept most of the day yesterday and am very comfortable. The staff at North West Private in Brisbane have been fantastic. Fingers crossed this continues and Angie's experience is just as positive!

Lol, I live about 500 metres from there. Hope today is as good as yesterday for you honey.

Wow Puppyphat, that is amazing and congrats. I know what you mean about your weight. I haven't weighed myself for nearly two weeks and I am worried about getting on the scale - afraid I am going to see my first gain. I hope it goes away and I get a little less stressed about the whole eating/ food thing!!

Hey y'all. Sorry, been MIA (read as lazy) and haven't posted much lately.

I'm now 7 1/2 months post op and down to 87.1kg as of this morning. 19.1kg until I reach my goal, which hopefully will be at one year post op (26 June).

Hope everyone is well.

I'm really impressed by the staff here Mini- mee and feeling pretty good... Looking forward to getting something other than Water tommorrow

Excellent work puppyphat and Nessa- hoping I can report such fab losses throughout the year

I'm really impressed by the staff here Mini- mee and feeling pretty good... Looking forward to getting something other than Water tommorrow

Unfortunately my surgeon only operates at QE2 and Greenslopes, so I couldn't be close to be home. That said, North West is part of Ramsay Health Care, the same as Greenslopes, I've had two ops there now and can't speak highly enough of the place so I'm guessing North West would be the same.

Do you get to go home Wednesday?

Sorry to be MIA lately, I've been reading all the posts but haven't had anything to write. Quick update for those who don't know: start weight 14kg

Surgery 13/8/12

Start size 18 (they were very tight)

Current weight 55.2kg

Current size, as of yesterday, XS or size 6 or 8 depending on what it is. Bought a pair of size 7 jeans from Jeanswest.

My goal was 58kg and to ultimately stay below 60kg for life, I'm having difficulty seeing gains on the scale, even a couple of hundred grams, even though I'm a few kgs under goal. Something I have to work on.

That's amazing puppyphat. I would love to achieve as much success as you in just six short months. I am four weeks post op today and including two week pre op diet I am down 11.1 kgs so not as fast as you but I am eating all the right things, have this one week of soft foods/mushies and then I can start normal foods next week. Only a 0.6 kg loss this week. Would like it to be faster but not sure what else to do. Haven't started regular exercise since the op so will try that. I still seem to be exhausted each night after work and the couch has become a good friend. Is this usual to still be so tired four weeks post op.

Congratulations to all those recently sleeved, it's great to see you are all in a good place.

That's amazing puppyphat. I would love to achieve as much success as you in just six short months. I am four weeks post op today and including two week pre op diet I am down 11.1 kgs so not as fast as you but I am eating all the right things, have this one week of soft foods/mushies and then I can start normal foods next week. Only a 0.6 kg loss this week. Would like it to be faster but not sure what else to do. Haven't started regular exercise since the op so will try that. I still seem to be exhausted each night after work and the couch has become a good friend. Is this usual to still be so tired four weeks post op.

Congratulations to all those recently sleeved, it's great to see you are all in a good place.

Hey Kate - don't know about other's but my weight loss in the weeks after surgery wasn't great. I actually remember gaining weight when I was in hospital (though it was due to the leak and Fluid issues from the drips etc) and it was really tough. And then it started melting away :) So don't worry about it not moving too fast initially - my experience has been that it does kick off and then you won't know yourself!! Cheers, Lila

Job interview in one week. Decided to try on appropriate clothes - skinny clothes - for the interview. NOTHING FITS! It's all too big :) I LOVE MY SLEEVE - will be going into this interview with confidence :)

Great to hear you are doing well Kelbel

Nessa and pupphat, Congrats you are doing great

Lila, good luck with the interview, I am sure you will do great with your new confidence.

Confidence is one of the great changes that this surgery and weight loss bring. I am doing things now that I would never have had the confidence to do before.

Have been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, broken ankle and all. Met some great new people and am generally more open to everything now. I wore an outfit today that no way in hell I would have been able to before....and I can say I felt hot in it...one more day in this city and then off to New York for a couple of days.

Wow that sounds like an amazing trip Aussiegirl! I hope you have a fantastic time!!

It's great to have a few more join our group from Brisbane :)

Congrats on taking this fantastic opportunity to allow yourself a new beginning.

I haven't been on for a while as so busy with work but have just caught up on all the pages..

I am 1 kg until double digits :) can't wait as can not even remember when I was in double digits. Everyone keeps saying that I can't lose anymore as they think I've got nothing left. When I tell them I've got 20 to go, they are all shocked..I am in a really good place and feel fantastic about myself and how I'm looking and feeling. Have upped my exercise to 5-6 days a week and can't believe it but actually run now..who would have thought I would actually enjoy exercise

Anyway, hope your all well and best of luck to the newly Sleevers and upcoming

Lol, I live about 500 metres from there. Hope today is as good as yesterday for you honey.

I'm on the Northside as well.

Great to hear you are doing well Kelbel

Nessa and pupphat, Congrats you are doing great

Lila, good luck with the interview, I am sure you will do great with your new confidence.

Confidence is one of the great changes that this surgery and weight loss bring. I am doing things now that I would never have had the confidence to do before.

Have been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, broken ankle and all. Met some great new people and am generally more open to everything now. I wore an outfit today that no way in hell I would have been able to before....and I can say I felt hot in it...one more day in this city and then off to New York for a couple of days.

*jealous*

It's great to have a few more join our group from Brisbane :)

Congrats on taking this fantastic opportunity to allow yourself a new beginning.

I haven't been on for a while as so busy with work but have just caught up on all the pages..

I am 1 kg until double digits :) can't wait as can not even remember when I was in double digits. Everyone keeps saying that I can't lose anymore as they think I've got nothing left. When I tell them I've got 20 to go, they are all shocked..I am in a really good place and feel fantastic about myself and how I'm looking and feeling. Have upped my exercise to 5-6 days a week and can't believe it but actually run now..who would have thought I would actually enjoy exercise

Anyway, hope your all well and best of luck to the newly Sleevers and upcoming

Yeah, I'm 4 kilo's off double digits. The last time I was double digit's was at the police academy as a recruit!