Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Choc Chia pudding

And

Ribs Spice Rub

Right!

Just to let you know, I made the pudding this arvo so can wait to try it, I did taste the almond milk with everything in it before I put the chia seeds in it and it was so chocolately, I may have to adjust it to my taste. I used agave nectar instead of the maple Syrup too.

Was as woolies, and seen a pack of beef ribs and remembered Deans recipe for the rub, well needless to say my boys are havin Deans Famous Ribs tomorrow night. Wish I could have some but no beef for me yet…patience :-)

Nice, hope they like the ribs.

How'd the chia go??

Deano

Choc Chia

Well aren't those little seeds weird?!

I can say I will definitely keep making the pudding, the amount tho that was made will prolly last me the best part of a week. The chocolate taste smoothed out and it's really pleasant, reminds me of those yo go Desserts in texture and flavor, but nicer.

I am going to try just a plain one next time with a little vanilla, like one of the other girls suggested, it would be nice to have with a little fruit.

LOL, it was strange tho to look at the spoon after I had it in my mouth, a couple of seeds still on there, looked like frogs eggs.

Am sure my boys will love the ribs, my hubby helped me prepare the rub and i could see a speck of drool in the corner of his mouth, left out the chili tho as hubby is a big girl and doesn't like any kinda hot.

Hi everyone' date=' I have my surgery booked in for Feb 19th. I am tired if the yo yo life plus I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis which has made it very difficult to exercise. I am six foot with a weight of 133 kg. I have an amazing family and reading all of your threads and comments has helped to reassure me that I am making the right choice getting a sleeve. I must admit the nerves are there as are the worries about mourning my food, but then I look at my three year old boy and that refocuses me! I am seeing the clinical psych next Tuesday and then Mr Armstrong on the 14th for a final consult before surgery. I am looking forward to being able to walk into a shop and not ask where the plus sizes are! My ideal and ultimate goal weight is 90 kg! Again your comments and support are very helpful so keep it up :)[/quote']

Welcome Seth and all the best for your surgery. We look forward to supporting you on your journey.

Hi seth

I am laying in my hospital bed about 12 hrs post op and your post caught my eye as my husband suffers very badly with ankylosing so I see first hand what a cruel disease it can be. I think you have made a great decision ' date=' my nerves wavered yesterday as I got to the hospital but even now 12hts out I am happy that I've made this choice and I'm on my way to a healthier life. All the best for your journey[/quote']

Thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Hi guy's :) I weighed myself at work today and I am down to 117kg from 163kg (day of surgery) and 173kg at my biggest. I am really stoked with how the weight is still coming off though I am noticing it is slowing down a little. I suspect that might be a good thing :) If I can average a kilo a week from now on, I should still reach my surgeon's goal by September. And be pretty close to "my goal" too (only about 7-8kg away). I have applied for a promotion at work - wouldn't have done that before the surgery. It's a big step up in terms of my role and what I will be doing will be less clinical but it is quite exciting. Before this kind of job where you had to go and attend meetings with people (strangers) would have ruled out this work for me. But now, I feel confident enough to be able to do this really well. Its quite exciting :) Anyway, I just thought I would share what's going on with me. Hope you're all well!!

Cheers, Lila

Silly question? But how long can it take for you stomach to stretch? I really hope i haven't push my sleeve to far to quick... At the moment if i eat two steamed dim sims I'm getting full. Some times i eat 3 depending on how hungry i am. This is just my drop everything i need something soft food. But would still like to know if I'm over eating.

HI Sarah - not sure about the issue of stretching but I was told that there is a greater chance of the sleeve stretching if you eat and drink at the same time. I also understand that different doctors make the sleeve different sizes. Could be yours is just a bit bigger than others. With regards to how much others eat, I wouldn't sweat it. I am a good example - can I eat one dim sim. Not a chance. Maybe I could do half? But that would be iffy. It's too dense for me (meat). Maybe if I ate over an hour (also apparently not a good idea) I could do a half. But remember - I had the leak, extra stomach removed to fix said leak and restaple and then two months where I didn't eat (on TPN) so my stomach shrivelled up even further. I am NOT a person who you should compare yourself to. That's the thing - you don't know what other things are contributing to other people's ability to eat or not eat as much as you. Just focus on feeling well, healthy and making the best choices you can. It will all come together for you :)

Best wishes, Lila

Hi everyone I am having my surgery in Perth on Tues 5th Feb. Was feeling very anxious wondering if it was the right thing to do. I have only told a few people & the general comment is I am taking the easy way out. After reading all the great posts & wonderful comments here I am now really relaxed & know its the right decision for me. Can't wait for this time next week.

Hi guy's :) I weighed myself at work today and I am down to 117kg from 163kg (day of surgery) and 173kg at my biggest. I am really stoked with how the weight is still coming off though I am noticing it is slowing down a little. I suspect that might be a good thing :) If I can average a kilo a week from now on' date=' I should still reach my surgeon's goal by September. And be pretty close to "my goal" too (only about 7-8kg away). I have applied for a promotion at work - wouldn't have done that before the surgery. It's a big step up in terms of my role and what I will be doing will be less clinical but it is quite exciting. Before this kind of job where you had to go and attend meetings with people (strangers) would have ruled out this work for me. But now, I feel confident enough to be able to do this really well. Its quite exciting :) Anyway, I just thought I would share what's going on with me. Hope you're all well!!

Cheers, Lila[/quote']

That's fantastic news Lila and good luck with your application.

Hi everyone I am having my surgery in Perth on Tues 5th Feb. Was feeling very anxious wondering if it was the right thing to do. I have only told a few people & the general comment is I am taking the easy way out. After reading all the great posts & wonderful comments here I am now really relaxed & know its the right decision for me. Can't wait for this time next week.

Hi Kazza,

Good luck for 5th, let us know how things go.

Pay no mind to what those people say. Obviously they have no idea what they are commenting on.

Having a sleeve is not easy, I'm only 9 weeks out but am very happy with my decision, like everyone else here :-)

You have to work at it, and with it, for the rest of your life.

You will have bad days and really great days, nothing changes in the real world except for the fact that you will be losing weight and keeping it off and doing so many things you never thought you would, and as you see and feel changes, your little world will change for the better.

Stay positive and be happy in yourself.

XXX

PS I really recommend using a tracking program like my fitness pal to help you keep track of what you're doing too, I use mine every day

Hi Kazza, it is frustrating when others think it's the easy way out but we all know it definitely isn't. It's hard work but it's also a really smart choice we've all made to get this wonderful tool. Don't listen to anyone who is negative and just be confident in the choice you have for yourself. We look forward to supporting you positively on your journey.

Thanks so much Mini-Mee & Kelliv for the support. this site has made me realize just how popular & successful this surgery is. i just hope I'm not going to be the one to fail but I will use the tracker you recommended, where do I find the tracker is it online ? Thanks again

Thanks so much Mini-Mee & Kelliv for the support. this site has made me realize just how popular & successful this surgery is. i just hope I'm not going to be the one to fail but I will use the tracker you recommended' date=' where do I find the tracker is it online ? Thanks again

[/quote']

Hi Kazza,

Yes it's www.myfitnesspal.com.au

It's a good little tracker and when you start counting calories/protein etc, it just takes the guess work outta things.

I use it on my iPhone cos I think it's handy, oh and it's free too. If you want friends on there (it's always interesting to see and read wot others are doing and wots working for them) you can put out a request with your username or email. My username is jenicolle, add me if you like.

As far as your doubt about failing goes, I think we all have those thoughts, I know I do if I let myself be negative

Hi everyone' date=' my name is Angie and I'm currently on my pre-op diet in preparation for my February 12th surgery date! I'm starting to get really excited and can't wait to start living my new life! I started at 111kg with a BMI of 42, I am now 4 days into my pre-op diet and am down to 108kg. I live on the north coast of NSW, so am having my surgery with Dr Gregory Nolan at Allamanda Private Hospital on the Gold Coast. I totally trust my surgeon and am so glad that he is doing my sleeve. I look forward to chatting with you all over the coming weeks and months![/quote']

Hi Angie - I live in northern NSW and am being sleeved in Brisvegas on the 11th of Feb- today is the fourth day of my pee op diet- hoping it gets easier as I go!

Forgot to mention' date=' weighed in at my surgeons and I am 65kg so GOOOOOOAL!! I am so happy - BMI of 23! I can't quite believe it!

My hair loss has stopped (not exactly growing back yet) - hey I learnt something interesting from my dietician, I was eating heaps of Brazil nuts thinking I was doing the right thing and I found out that the selenium in these nuts can be toxic! She told me not to eat more than four a day!!! Yikes - guess what one of the symptoms of poisoning is - hair loss!!! I had stopped eating so many over Christmas (I had gone to chocolate over this period!!) and coincidentally that is when my Hair loss tapered off! Who knows, but interesting.[/quote']

That is brilliant! Congrats!!

Lol feels like pee op but meant pre op!!