Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Remember Chia Pets back in the day?The seeds that the plant is grown from have been shown to have great health benefit. They sell Chia drinks at Wholefoods that have chia seeds floating in them...

Thank u so much..... Dean chose to ignore my question!! :-). Now I know what you guys are talking about!!

Thank u so much..... Dean chose to ignore my question!! :-). Now I know what you guys are talking about!!

No I didn't :o 3 posts after your question I answered it - I even included a recipe B):)

All this talk about food when I'm 2 weeks into my pre- op diet is sending me crazy LOL. Those ribs sound seriously good ! Anyway got my "clotting problem " sorted today with the hospital and I am all systems go for op on Thursday ! One quick question - did you all make Soup to freeze for when you came home - if so - what sort ?

That's fantastic news and we wish you all the best for tomorrow. Yea I made vege Soup and chicken and vege, puréed and fairly thin. I put it in small containers and froze. Miso soup in packages minus the 'bits' is also yummy. I bought organic baby food for the puréed stage and it was disgusting. Still in the pantry 6 months later.

I apologise in advance to those of you in pre- op, liquid or puree phase, but I have to share with you what I made last night. I like to have Beans in my diet especially for Breakfast as they are a good source of Protein, low GI and yummy. I often have a slice of toast with small serve of tinned baked beans. I don't really like the tinned variety so I made my own using a recipe for Boston Baked Beans off www.taste.com.au and they are YUM. Used tinned Cannelloni beans, bacon, tomatoes etc. i followed the recipe this time, but probably wouldn't use as much golden Syrup or brown sugar next time. Let me know if you try them. I made. One batch which will do me and my household for a while week.

No I didn't :o 3 posts after your question I answered it - I even included a recipe B):)

Awww sorry dean!!! I didn't see that!! My fault!! Thanks so much!!

Hey dean, did you use white of black chia seeds? I used mixed ones. Also, I didn't have any cocoa powder, so I used milo and honey instead of golden Syrup. I also used lite soy milk. I'll let you know how mine goes.

Feeling vegetable deprived so decided to make myself a fresh Tomato, zuccini and basil penne. No Protein except for the little bit of cheese I might pop on top which isn't great but I am craving veggies :) Was just going to boil them up but decided to try something different. Will let you know how it goes - I don't expect to eat too much cause it's Pasta but I hope it might be a nice change from my protein heavy diet of the past little while!

Hey dean, did you use white of black chia seeds? I used mixed ones. Also, I didn't have any cocoa powder, so I used milo and honey instead of golden Syrup. I also used lite soy milk. I'll let you know how mine goes.

I used the black ones, from Woolies. How'd it go?

Feeling vegetable deprived so decided to make myself a fresh Tomato, zuccini and basil penne. No Protein except for the little bit of cheese I might pop on top which isn't great but I am craving veggies :) Was just going to boil them up but decided to try something different. Will let you know how it goes - I don't expect to eat too much cause it's Pasta but I hope it might be a nice change from my Protein heavy diet of the past little while!

Our basil has gone nuts with all this rain.

I used the black ones' date=' from Woolies. How'd it go?[/quote']

They didn't soak up all the liquid, it was still really really runny, despite the seeds being plump and soft. I re-read the recipe and realized that I put in 2teaspoons of seeds instead of 2 tablespoons. So I have now added more seeds and will have it for breakfast. I did taste it though and the flavours were really good. I've bought the golden Syrup and cocoa so will try that version tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Thanks heaps for the recipe dean.

Got a last minute date of the 11th of Feb...woohoo and started pre- op diet today. New me here I come!!!

That's so exciting Kelbel, it will be here before you know it.

They didn't soak up all the liquid, it was still really really runny, despite the seeds being plump and soft. I re-read the recipe and realized that I put in 2teaspoons of seeds instead of 2 tablespoons. So I have now added more seeds and will have it for Breakfast. I did taste it though and the flavours were really good. I've bought the golden Syrup and cocoa so will try that version tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Thanks heaps for the recipe dean.

Nice. It tastes a little bit like mini tapioca or sago but the tiny bit on the inside of the seed stays nutty.

I'm going to try a coffee one with some espresso, almond milk and stevia ;)

Ooo, that sounds really nice. I didn't think I had any cinnamon so was thinking about adding coffee and making it mocha flavour, but then when I realized that I had no cocoa and would be using milo, decided against the idea. I have rice milk also, that's a bit sweeter so I may try that with the cinnamon and cocoa tomorrow and maybe I won't need to add too much golden Syrup.

I think it would be really nice just with milk and some fresh fruit, like passion fruit and mashed banana. And it's higher in Protein than porridge. I can see this becoming a staple. .

Nice. It tastes a little bit like mini tapioca or sago but the tiny bit on the inside of the seed stays nutty.

I'm going to try a coffee one with some espresso' date=' almond milk and stevia ;)[/quote']

Dean, will you please post the recipe for Chia pudding?thanks