Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Had my anaethetist appointment this morning and bariatric doc and dietician appointments this afternoon in Joondalup. Couldn't help wondering if the people I saw there were soon to have weight loss surgery as well!!

Surgeon said I only needed to do the Optifast diet for 1 week, decided to do 2 weeks - and then the dietician today suggests I do it for 3!!! Hmmm

Hi there Lizzy :) My dietician wanted me on for three weeks too but I did two (surgeon's recommendation). Honestly, two was quite enough thank you very much. All the best with it - hope it goes smoothly!!!

Thanks Lila, I am thinking the same way - 2 weeks :P

Happy to see things turned out well for you after your nightmare beginning on this journey!!!

Thanks Lizzy :) It's good now - great actually! I went shopping today with my mum and aunt - I was shopping in the same stores as them!! Just a regular, normal store and I bought a size 18 skirt that frankly was a little big in the waist. It wasn't even the largest size they had (they went up to a 20). This from the girl who couldn't fit into some size 26 prior to surgery! It was great!! It gives me such a thrill to be able to do that! I can't wait for you to experience this too :)

I was just reading over my results from the BODY COMPOSITION ANALYZER that the Bariatric doctor did yesterday and see that I have a metabolic age of 73!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering what everyone takes in the way of vitamin/mineral supplements.

I take a chewable Multivitamin - Healthy Care brand

sublingual B12 - Thompsons brand

Chewable Calcium and D - Calcia brand

Biotin - Thompsons brand

I have read that the Calcium (carbonate) contained in my supplement is no good for us tho so ill have to find one better that contains the calcium citrate

Does anyone have any suggestions that are chewable?

Dietician recommended Centrum as one of the best.

Thanks B1zzy

Yes I been told they are good, but after surgery a chewable or liquid is better, for me anyway, as I still can't swallow big pills. Also if they have coatings on them, I am led to believe that they won't be absorbed well by us with a sleeve.

It's so unfair, USA has so much choice as far as these things go, we need to catch up a lot here in Aus.

Thanks B1zzy

Yes I been told they are good' date=' but after surgery a chewable or liquid is better, for me anyway, as I still can't swallow big pills. Also if they have coatings on them, I am led to believe that they won't be absorbed well by us with a sleeve.

It's so unfair, USA has so much choice as far as these things go, we need to catch up a lot here in Aus.[/quote']

Not an aussie but i have Celebrate chews, as recommended by many on here. Will finish them off and switch to the petites since pill swallowing is not as difficult as i had thought it would be. I would have gone straight to the petites and not spent the money on the chews had i known.

Thanks B1zzy

Yes I been told they are good' date=' but after surgery a chewable or liquid is better, for me anyway, as I still can't swallow big pills. Also if they have coatings on them, I am led to believe that they won't be absorbed well by us with a sleeve.

It's so unfair, USA has so much choice as far as these things go, we need to catch up a lot here in Aus.[/quote']

I took my multi Vitamins, Vitamin D, krill and blood pressure tablets from the end of the first week after surgery without any problem, but also took benefibre powder in liquid for the first week or two. Do what feels right for you.

Hi mini.mee,

Have you heard of NutriChew? I bought them from the dietician as she said they were better than Centrum. They are made in Australia, chewable tangy orange flavoured Multivitamins and have a little symbol on the label that says 'Band Buddies'

Liz

Hi mini.mee' date='

Have you heard of NutriChew? I bought them from the dietician as she said they were better than Centrum. They are made in Australia, chewable tangy orange flavoured Multivitamins and have a little symbol on the label that says 'Band Buddies'

Liz[/quote']

Hey,

I have seen them on a website and wondered about them. Do they contain everything we need?

I would probably be interested if it was a "one a day totally font need any other supp" type of thing

Do they have a listing on the jar of the ingredients etc?

Hi mini mee,

If you go to the website www.bandbuddies.com.au it lists the comparison with other multi Vitamins. I've just realised though that it's 2 per day.

:-)

Starting to get nervous- my op is tomorrow! Hope everyone else is travelling well :)