Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thinks I need someone to talk to. Ive haven't lost weight since my weigh in just under a month ago. Going back to see my surgeon on Tuesday' date=' to get a talking to and some eating suggestions. I have just finished 3 weeks of Clinicals for my nursing degree. It was hard to find small servers of good food at the hospital.

Thought my weight lose had just platooed at 10kgs after a month.. No Idea whats happening.

Anyone good at motivation speaking. Would love to hear from you.

Sarah[/quote']

Hi Sarah, sounds like you have had a stall and that's very common, so don't beat yourself up too much. I've had the same on many occasions and it always seems to sort itself out. Maybe review your dietician notes, or contact them again. I've started tracking my food via an onlne diary myfitnesspal and this has helped. Also maybe you are not eating enough? Keep positive and keep your eye on your end goal. Most of us took many years to put the weight on, so if it takes a little while to come off we should still be very happy. Focus on the positives of loss so far in kgs and cms.

Hi Sarah - sorry to hear about the weight loss. It must be very frustrating. I agree with Kelli though - myfitnesspal or something similar might be a good option for you. It will let you know how you are going and I've found it makes me accountable. Also, you're not that far out from having the surgery are you? it could just be one of those things your body does to adjust to it's new situation. I don't know how often you are weighing yourself but maybe if you pushed it out to monthly to cut yourself some slack you mightn't worry about it so much and perhaps it will help to restart the losses. Cortisol (stress hormone) activates a heap of neurological and biological processes when produced and one of them is to store fat cause the system is under stress. That's not helpful for weight loss :) So the less stress the better!!

Lastly - geez I am just full of ideas aren't I :) - it could just be that you need to work out what your body wants now with the sleeve (i.e more Protein, fruit, carbs etc). Everybody reports something different that works for them so it could just be you're working out what it is that works for you.

Good luck!

Cheers, Lila

Hi Aussies,

Went for my 12 week check today but it's only 11 weeks. I thought I was doing well but my surgeon said I've lost too much weight in this amount of time. 21kg.s. Also said I am not eating enough, but I'm eating as much as I can. About 600 calories/day. Is this in line with what you guys have or are doing? Any comments would be great.

Congratulations sueocco, you must be so proud of yourself and feel as good as you look. Sarah I have started tracking my food on myfitnesspal as well and it keeps the guess work out of what you are eating. I go back to surgeon and dietician on Monday which will be three weeks post op. It will be interesting to see whether I get specific targets to reach re calories, Protein etc. At present I'm eating about 600 calories a day. Welcome Angie, the lovely Sleevers on this site are a great source of inspiration, motivation and knowledge. I am so glad that I found this site.

Hi Aussies' date='

Went for my 12 week check today but it's only 11 weeks. I thought I was doing well but my surgeon said I've lost too much weight in this amount of time. 21kg.s. Also said I am not eating enough, but I'm eating as much as I can. About 600 calories/day. Is this in line with what you guys have or are doing? Any comments would be great.[/quote']

Hey I had my 3 month check today too! 28kg down, apparently 64% of my excess body weight, my surgeon was happy with the results and said I was doing well and on track to lose 100% by 6 months :-)

Weird how different surgeons have different opinions...aussielady I think it's grey you've lost 21kg!

Great' damn iPhone lol

Silly question? But how long can it take for you stomach to stretch? I really hope i haven't push my sleeve to far to quick... At the moment if i eat two steamed dim sims I'm getting full. Some times i eat 3 depending on how hungry i am. This is just my drop everything i need something soft food. But would still like to know if I'm over eating.

PS. Once i finish my Clinical's tomorrow ill be focusing more on what im eating

Hi Aussies' date='

Went for my 12 week check today but it's only 11 weeks. I thought I was doing well but my surgeon said I've lost too much weight in this amount of time. 21kg.s. Also said I am not eating enough, but I'm eating as much as I can. About 600 calories/day. Is this in line with what you guys have or are doing? Any comments would be great.[/quote']

Hi, your calorie intake does sound very low and it would be impossible to cover quantities and variety f food groups for good health within this figure. I am aiming for 1200 calories daily. I think I am a slow loser having lost 26kg in 5.5 months.

Silly question? But how long can it take for you stomach to stretch? I really hope i haven't push my sleeve to far to quick... At the moment if i eat two steamed dim sims I'm getting full. Some times i eat 3 depending on how hungry i am. This is just my drop everything i need something soft food. But would still like to know if I'm over eating.

Sarah, Our stomach doesn't stretch after surgery, well that's what my surgeon told me, but as swelling goes down and you start to get used to new smaller stomach you will be able to eat a little more. ultimately it will signal when you have had enough and it gets easier over time to know when to stop eating.

Hi everyone, I have my surgery booked in for Feb 19th. I am tired if the yo yo life plus I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis which has made it very difficult to exercise. I am six foot with a weight of 133 kg. I have an amazing family and reading all of your threads and comments has helped to reassure me that I am making the right choice getting a sleeve. I must admit the nerves are there as are the worries about mourning my food, but then I look at my three year old boy and that refocuses me! I am seeing the clinical psych next Tuesday and then Mr Armstrong on the 14th for a final consult before surgery. I am looking forward to being able to walk into a shop and not ask where the plus sizes are! My ideal and ultimate goal weight is 90 kg! Again your comments and support are very helpful so keep it up :)

Hi Seth,

You have made a good decision. I was sleeved on November 14 and it was the best decision I have made. Keep thinking about all the positives and don't worry about mourning food. I have come to see food as fuel that my body needs so I can walk 10 kms a day and go shopping for slim people clothes.

Stay positive and stay away from all the horror stories on this site. This surgery gives you a whole new life! And it's a great life!!!!

Hi seth

I am laying in my hospital bed about 12 hrs post op and your post caught my eye as my husband suffers very badly with ankylosing so I see first hand what a cruel disease it can be. I think you have made a great decision , my nerves wavered yesterday as I got to the hospital but even now 12hts out I am happy that I've made this choice and I'm on my way to a healthier life. All the best for your journey

c

I can't speak for sleeve stretching as the only thing I can fit more than a cup of is popcorn, but I'm 5 months out and if I tried eating steamed dim sims, it would prob take 1/2 an hour to get through one and by that time I would be so stuffed I wouldn't want to look at any more. Yesterday I made myself so full and uncomfortable by eating 6 prawns in my lunch hour. No way in the entire world could I manage to get 3 dim sims in, even now, and I consider myself to be in maintenance.