Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Today marks my 3 months post op....24.2kg gone forever!!! Current weight is 103.9kg.

Hope Lila is OK. Suppose due to privacy issues, they can't give out information.

Congratulations Nessa! Wow 24kg gone and never to return! Well done.

I think of you Lila every day and I pray that you are just concentrating on getting healthy again and will check in with us when you are feeling a bit better. I hope your recovery is going smoothly and soon you will be well enough to receive visitors as I would dearly love to see you. Take care xx

Today marks my 3 months post op....24.2kg gone forever!!! Current weight is 103.9kg.

Hope Lila is OK. Suppose due to privacy issues' date=' they can't give out information.[/quote']

Congratulations Nessa, so well done.

Nessa, that is fantastic news!! You should be so proud of yourself, I only dream of losing that much weight. Good on you!

Hope Lila is OK. Suppose due to privacy issues' date=' they can't give out information.[/quote']

That's awesome news nessa! Congratulations! Can't wait to catch up!

Does the Brisbane Sleevers want to meet for a coffee over the weekend. My mothers boss has come to Brissy for her op a few days ago and I am meeting up with her before she heads back out to Mt Isa so I thought perfect opportunity for us all to meet up for chat. Let me know what you think, a place that suits possibly south bank or Roma street parklands and a time that is good for you all :)

I had my op a few hours after Lila I saw her the Wednesday morning I came home thats when things went from ok to bad for her.

I rang Tweed hospital yesterday she is still in there.Her name is Melissa Scott I might go and see her soon.

I will copy the last pm she said to me.On the 20/9

Hi Jules, sorry it's been another rough couple of days. The nasal feed didn't work and it was pretty traumatic. I've also got pneumonia now, which is another bit of a setback. Hoping to get a few days rest before they try again. Just got to keep all other infection away. On the upside, it looks like the leak is healing but I am likely to be here two or three more weeks yet. It's a waiting game.

I had my op a few hours after Lila I saw her the Wednesday morning I came home thats when things went from ok to bad for her.

I rang Tweed hospital yesterday she is still in there.Her name is Melissa Scott I might go and see her soon.

I will copy the last pm she said to me.On the 20/9

Hi Jules' date=' sorry it's been another rough couple of days. The nasal feed didn't work and it was pretty traumatic. I've also got pneumonia now, which is another bit of a setback. Hoping to get a few days rest before they try again. Just got to keep all other infection away. On the upside, it looks like the leak is healing but I am likely to be here two or three more weeks yet. It's a waiting game.[/quote']

Thanks for the update Jules. We had received that last update too.

Oh poor Lila! Thinking of you loads and sending good health and positive thoughts your way!

Get better soon love!

Xo

Hi Susie 77453 how are u going?I think u had your sleeve a couple of days after me.Mine was the 3/9.

I dont think I will eva enjoy food again.Im still getting pretty tired I dont think I get enought Protein in.

What are u eating atm.

Cheers Julie

Does the Brisbane Sleevers want to meet for a coffee over the weekend. My mothers boss has come to Brissy for her op a few days ago and I am meeting up with her before she heads back out to Mt Isa so I thought perfect opportunity for us all to meet up for chat. Let me know what you think' date=' a place that suits possibly south bank or Roma street parklands and a time that is good for you all :)[/quote']

Hi Shell, I would like to but could only do Breakfast as we opened a new office at Cleveland last week and now work there 5 days including every weekend plus commuting from The Gap, an hour each way. Assuming Breakfast may be a bit earlier than you had in mind?

Hi Susie 77453 how are u going?I think u had your sleeve a couple of days after me.Mine was the 3/9.

I dont think I will eva enjoy food again.Im still getting pretty tired I dont think I get enought Protein in.

What are u eating atm.

Cheers Julie

Hey Jules!

I was on the 5th so I'm guessing we're both on puréed still? I'm enjoying the food still, it's odd how I actually kind of like puréed stuff!

Right now I'm mixing it up with homemade smoothies, up and go's, Optifast, Protein shakes, formé yogurts and whatever dinner I've puréed. I made a slow cooked casserole with puréed really well and I had it with really mushy mashed potatoes. I've also puréed a few curries that blended up nicely too. Oh and I have a skim chai latte most mornings.

I'm struggling to get in half a cup still. And I really really miss being able to have a massive drink of Water or milk - I'm talking almost a litre at once! Lol but they're the only things I'm struggling with right now.

I don't weigh myself (I'm crazy I know) so I won't know how much I've lost until my next appointment with the surgeon.

My gosh do I know what you mean about the tiredness! It is near impossible to get out if bed in the morning and I feel constantly drained. Hoping this will get better once I can eat regular food again.

Are you hungry at all? I don't get hungry anymore So I don't really feel like eating when I have too. It's still been tasty and stuff but I'm not so Interested anymore. Although that being said I went and got a soft serve a couple if days ago - little monthly friend took over my diet that day. I wasn't hungry but all I felt like doing was eating!

It's still a bit of an adjustment but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Ladies are you taking Multi Vitamins? Your body is still repairing itself for the first month, so probably ok to be a bit tired at the moment, although thankfully I had amazing energy from day I got home from hospital. Nutrition especially Protein, Water and multi's pretty important.

Does the Brisbane Sleevers want to meet for a coffee over the weekend. My mothers boss has come to Brissy for her op a few days ago and I am meeting up with her before she heads back out to Mt Isa so I thought perfect opportunity for us all to meet up for chat. Let me know what you think' date=' a place that suits possibly south bank or Roma street parklands and a time that is good for you all :)[/quote']

I would love to Shell, but I am hosting a grand final party on Saturday ('Carn the Hawks :-) ) and out for the NRL grand final on sunday. Shame cause I would really like to meet everyone. Possibly another weekend?

Thanks for updating us on Lila's name and condition as far as you know. I have been very worried for her. I would like to see her but I wanted to wait until she is comfortable with visitors- as I am a stranger to her. If you do see her Julie, can you please pass on my thoughts and best wishes for her.

Hi guys, well we are going to meet for breakfast at the Steam Cafe for breakfast at Southbank from 8am for all that want to join us for a catch up. Let me know and I will PM you my mobile so you can call if can't find us. So far there is myself, Kelliv and a new sleever Kath (on 25/9). Hope anyone in Brissy can join us as great to hear and see everyone's journey

Beth and Aussie Kelloff, hope you get this message early enough. Definitely next time Kayargh, maybe we can do a get together at some stage down the coast as well