Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Sueoco.... I was over at my mums place today and she offered to wash my work clothes. I didn't have a change of clothes and she reminded me that I still had clothes there from when I lived at home (highschool). I found a pair of size 14 target jeans that still had the ticket on them. I had never worn them. Tried them and they fit like a glove!!!

My stats mirror yours so much. Heaviest weight was 104kg' date=' saw surgeon at 96kg, at surgery weighed 90kg and now, nearly 6 weeks post op weigh 74.9kg. If I only lose another 10kg, I will be in the healthy weight range. I want to lose 15 though.

I noticed something today, and you'll probably be the same as we are at very similar weights. Even if I stick my tummy all the way out, I can still see my ribs. Lol. Weird, I know. Just something that I haven't seen for a very long time.

Hope everybody else is well, and congrats Scotty. The time will fly, we're saving you a spot on the losers bench.[/quote']

Puppyphat - you must have felt awesome when you slipped those jeans on! You are making great progress with your weightloss which is fantastic. i too can't wait to vet in that the normal weight BMI weight range.

I bought a dress today to wear to the races - it is sleeveless and I am not quite ready for that yet so got a bolero jacket - all size 14! I don't know why but I keep thinking they must have the size wrong on clothing because I couldn't possibly fit something that size! It is just so great to be able to buy clothes that I liked not just because they fitted! - I could see the panicked look in my husbands eyes when I arrived home with dress, jacket and shoes! Well... I just had to have the shoes!! I think my sleeve has unleashed a shopping monster!

Welcome all new people to our great thread!! You will find so much support here as everyone has been or is going through the same thing - great warts and all stories - or should I say ketosis and Constipation stories!! Anyway heaps of fun and if you are feeling down just get on here - there will always be a shoulder to cry on and bring you back up!

Lila - thinking of you and hoping things are progressing and your recovery is finally on it's way. You are in my thoughts constantly.

Lol, I do the same thing with checking the labels. Surely I can't fit into size 14 jeans, let alone size 12 work pants. THIS IS CRAZY!!!

Hi guys, sorry just catching up on all the posts. One hell of a hectic week with new promotion and teenage son troubles. Haven't had time to do anything else and even had to remind myself to eat.

Went shopping with daughters today and first time in years where I wore a sleeveless top, always have worn a jacket over it as I always had to have sleeves, so that was a great feeling. Dragged my daughters into City Chic and they even remarked I don't need to shop there anymore, so sweet :). They said they won't be coming again cause all I do is want to look at clothes now, so funny as this is the last thing I ever would have done. Also went looking for push bikes for the family for our outings :). SO LOVE MY SLEEVE :)

Anyway, welcome to the newbies, great you have joined us on this thread, apologies for not saying hi earlier.

Kelli, hope you have a great night at the birthday. I'm sitting out the back with husband whilst he's cooking me my salmon for dinner. Had a few mouthfuls of a vodka cruiser tonight but way to strong for me, how's that - had to give my drinks to hubby as looks like the cruisers are no longer for me!!!

Well everyone, hope you have a great weekend

I love seeing my BMI decreasing - at time of op was 44, now 9 weeks out I am at 37 :)

Can't wait till normal weight range from morbidly obese. Wish I did this years ago :)

I love seeing my BMI decreasing - at time of op was 44, now 9 weeks out I am at 37 :)

Can't wait till normal weight range from morbidly obese. Wish I did this years ago :)

Won't be long shell. I can't believe how fast the weight is coming off. I still catch myself thinking I hope I don't put it back on, but I can't and dammit, I absoloutly WON'T!!! I joined the gym today. And I'm going to go. I'm going to be a success story by Christmas!!! I just can't wait. I'm in love with my sleeve.

I can see the scale moving, I can see smaller sized clothes fitting me, but I still can't see the difference in the mirror. Naked or all dressed up or even just in work clothes, everybody is commenting, but I just can't see it. Anybody else?

Hi ladies, a little of track from current conversations but I need to tap into your wisdom and awesome advice! My beloved team- Hawthorn have just made it to the grand final next week and my original plan was to fly down to watch the game but unfortunately I can't :-( I am however organising a get together to watch the game either at my place or a venue. I was more leading to my place as I don't really want to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a lunch I cannot eat. So if I was to cater, what could I add for myself that won't be too far from what everyone else is eating? I will be 2 weeks and 4 days post op. thinking a range of finger foods. Only 2 people there will know I've been sleeved. Appreciate your advice!!!!

Soft cheese platter? Finger foods are better because ppl won't pay the same attention they might if it were a sit-down meal ;)

Anyway if you're really into the game you can fill up a platter and just leave it on the table or put some chicken Soup in a beer mug... Might pass ;) lol

Soft cheese platter? Finger foods are better because ppl won't pay the same attention they might if it were a sit-down meal ;)

Anyway if you're really into the game you can fill up a platter and just leave it on the table or put some chicken Soup in a beer mug... Might pass ;) lol

Thanks Cookeeeeez! I thought a platter would be better too. I think if I fuss around being a good host then my lack of food intake won't be so noticed. I'll tell them I have been nibbling all morning. Lol.

I have not been to see a dietician as yet so not sure if I'll be on puréed foods or soft foods.

Hi ladies' date=' a little of track from current conversations but I need to tap into your wisdom and awesome advice! My beloved team- Hawthorn have just made it to the grand final next week and my original plan was to fly down to watch the game but unfortunately I can't :-( I am however organising a get together to watch the game either at my place or a venue. I was more leading to my place as I don't really want to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a lunch I cannot eat. So if I was to cater, what could I add for myself that won't be too far from what everyone else is eating? I will be 2 weeks and 4 days post op. thinking a range of finger foods. Only 2 people there will know I've been sleeved. Appreciate your advice!!!![/quote']

Hi Kayargh,

Being a mad Demons supporter, it has been some (longggg) years since my team was in the grandy. But!! I watch it regardless because I adore the sport. My observations from the many functions I've attended/thrown are that if it is a good, tight contest then people aren't interested in eating as they're too busy watching. Finger food platters definitely because everyone will just assume you've been picking at it like they have all afternoon. Don't have the food on the coffee table in front of the TV, maybe put it on a table behind where everyone is sitting. If you go somewhere else for a function, just say you we're bloody hungry so had a Bunnings sausage sizzle before you came.

I truly don't think anyone will notice. If they do, you're "too nervous to eat". Or you're eating your fingernails with anticipation. Or the butterflies are taking up all the room. Drop some "it's my fingernails or the wall like Alastair Clarkson" type comments.

I'll be cheering for your boys!!

Hi Kayargh' date='

Being a mad Demons supporter, it has been some (longggg) years since my team was in the grandy. But!! I watch it regardless because I adore the sport. My observations from the many functions I've attended/thrown are that if it is a good, tight contest then people aren't interested in eating as they're too busy watching. Finger food platters definitely because everyone will just assume you've been picking at it like they have all afternoon. Don't have the food on the coffee table in front of the TV, maybe put it on a table behind where everyone is sitting. If you go somewhere else for a function, just say you we're bloody hungry so had a Bunnings sausage sizzle before you came.

I truly don't think anyone will notice. If they do, you're "too nervous to eat". Or you're eating your fingernails with anticipation. Or the butterflies are taking up all the room. Drop some "it's my fingernails or the wall like Alastair Clarkson" type comments.

I'll be cheering for your boys!![/quote']

Ha!! I love it! Great suggestions- Clarko really did some damaged to that wall hey. I would hate to think what would have occurred if we had lost today....which was a real possibility since we were playing like GWS! Lol. ;-)

There will be some friends there that are both hawkers and swannies so hopefully there will be too much comradery and competition between us all for anyone to even notice. Thanks for the cheers......

'Carn the mighty hawks!! :-) :-)

Thanks Cookeeeeez! I thought a platter would be better too. I think if I fuss around being a good host then my lack of food intake won't be so noticed. I'll tell them I have been nibbling all morning. Lol.

I have not been to see a dietician as yet so not sure if I'll be on puréed foods or soft foods.

I am sure only two weeks out you would still be on puree. The Soup in a cup is the best idea and yes if anyone comments you ate not eating just tell them you've been picking earlier.

I love seeing my BMI decreasing - at time of op was 44' date=' now 9 weeks out I am at 37 :)

Can't wait till normal weight range from morbidly obese. Wish I did this years ago :)[/quote']

Hi Shelley, congratulations on your new BMI. I hadn't checked mine since op when it was 41. NOW 34!!! Amazing, but still in obese range.

Hi guys' date=' sorry just catching up on all the posts. One hell of a hectic week with new promotion and teenage son troubles. Haven't had time to do anything else and even had to remind myself to eat.

Went shopping with daughters today and first time in years where I wore a sleeveless top, always have worn a jacket over it as I always had to have sleeves, so that was a great feeling. Dragged my daughters into City Chic and they even remarked I don't need to shop there anymore, so sweet :). They said they won't be coming again cause all I do is want to look at clothes now, so funny as this is the last thing I ever would have done. Also went looking for push bikes for the family for our outings :). SO LOVE MY SLEEVE :)

Anyway, welcome to the newbies, great you have joined us on this thread, apologies for not saying hi earlier.

Kelli, hope you have a great night at the birthday. I'm sitting out the back with husband whilst he's cooking me my salmon for dinner. Had a few mouthfuls of a vodka cruiser tonight but way to strong for me, how's that - had to give my drinks to hubby as looks like the cruisers are no longer for me!!!

Well everyone, hope you have a great weekend[/quote']

Hi Shelley

Hope you enjoyed your salmon. Last night's full on dinner party was definitely a challenge as most people there didn't know about my op. So much food offered. I grazed before dinner on a couple of prawns and on chicken wing and was full. Luckily there was a long break before the sit down main course which was beef fillet, salad, potato bake and mushroom sauce. Had a tiny bit of steak x 3 little bits which was the first time since op and as it was a bit too cooked struggled to go down. Put enough on my plate for it not to be obvious to other that I wasn't eating much. Had a little of each thing and left rest on the plate. Dessert was a preach crumble and custard. My friend who knows about the op made a special gluten free version for me which was lovely of her, but only managed 2 teaspoons full! Had one glass of wine on arrival before eating, then nothing else. An interesting experience, but still a very enjoyable night as I didn't feel deprived. Still tried a little of everything yummy.

Hi all!!

Some great stories on here, making me feel less nervous about everything :-) I'm booked for October 15 at the Mater with Dr Taylor, he seemed really good during my consultations and a friend had it done through him too.

Anyone else booked around the same time? I was really excited up until recently now I'm a bit nervous about te surgery as I've never had an operation!