Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I have some questions if possible.

Firstly what Vitamins are everyone taking. I am only taking a multi Vitamin. What else should I take?

I do have a dietitian appointment tomorrow I am going to ask her.

Second question is a little gross but for the sleevers that have no fall bladder. You find your bowel movements really loose all the time? I haven't had a normal one yet and I am 8 weeks post op. (I will be asking my dietitian about that too)

Thirdly is there anyone on the site that has 60+ kgs to lose? I have about 75kgs to lose. 25kgs already gone, 50kgs to go. I am just really worried about excess skin. And would love someone else to bounce off.

Thanks everyone.

Hey aussie kelloff,

I have 40 kgs to lose to get to MY goal weight, and 60-65 to get to my SURGEONS goal weight. Even at my goal, i worry heaps about the amount of skin I'll have hanging everywhere. I've been so fat for so long (and this is TMI, but my fat rolls are like.....deep? deeply creased? I dunno how to describe it) that I just know I'm going to look like a sharpei sooner than later. I have dreadful images of me looking like Fat B@stard at the end of The Spy Who Shagged ME, when he's all hanging skin and says his neck looks like a vagina! hahaha Because I've got a serious double chin, and I will most certainly have the old chicken wattle. But, I'd rather have loose skin that I can hide under clothes than all this fat that I can't even hide under a tent. :)

Hey aussie kelloff' date='

I have 40 kgs to lose to get to MY goal weight, and 60-65 to get to my SURGEONS goal weight. Even at my goal, i worry heaps about the amount of skin I'll have hanging everywhere. I've been so fat for so long (and this is TMI, but my fat rolls are like.....deep? deeply creased? I dunno how to describe it) that I just know I'm going to look like a sharpei sooner than later. I have dreadful images of me looking like Fat B@stard at the end of The Spy Who Shagged ME, when he's all hanging skin and says his neck looks like a vagina! hahaha Because I've got a serious double chin, and I will most certainly have the old chicken wattle. But, I'd rather have loose skin that I can hide under clothes than all this fat that I can't even hide under a tent. :)[/quote']

Lol @ the fat bastard vagina neck!

I'm with you, I'd rather have the skin than the fat and the awful quality of life!

Hello all!

Im sorry for not logging on for a few days. had a little depression session a few days ago and was feeling pretty low. But the good news is that I think it was just a little monthly friend making me upset (sorry for the over-share!). I'm feeling much better now and the compliments I'm getting on my loose clothes are a real moral booster!

Congrats to all of you guys going so well! Shell' date=' you look fantastic! And it's so great to see the clothes sizes coming down and everyone's confidence going way up!

Welcome to all the newbies - you've stumbled upon a fantastic group of people who really help when you're down and are always up for advice and support!

I'm on day two of puréed and not too sure how it's going. I blitzed up a beautiful tender casserole and some very mushy mashed potatoe and it's going down really well - no pain or reflux or anything! The only thing is that I'm only handling about a quarter of a cup at the moment. I was told it would be between half and one cup but I can only handle about 4 teaspoons! Is this too little? It means I'm going to have to have two Protein shakes to hit my daily Protein target. Bleh! I feel like all I'm doing is eating or drinking all day! Which before would have been standard but now it's a real effort to make sure I'm eating!

Sorry for the long post! I'll keep logging on more often now!

And just a quick thank you for all of the kind words and support, you guys really helped me through a tough patch and I'm so thankful to have this support system :)

Xo[/quote']

Hi Susie, so glad you are feeling more positive. 1/4 cup at this point is ok, as your capacity will gradually increase, although 6 weeks out I am still only managing 1/2 cup of most things. Still put too much on my plate and end up giving it away to family to finish off. Lots of small meals and plenty of fluids ok at this stage.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Susie and Nessa

I think having a down period at that time is totally normal also I think your intake is pretty normal. I was told 1/3 of a cup of food and it should take 20-30 mins to eat that. My dietician said if you feel full then leave it for a while and come back to it. I too lacked a bit of energy and felt quite unwell but I figured out that I wasn't eatin often enough. My surgeon told me not to get in the habit of snacking but because you can't get much in' date=' I think you so need to eat morning and afternoon tea - at least initially until you can get more in over time. Now 9 weeks out it is slowly getting easier to eat a bit more so I think it just takes time to get used to the new way of eating and for your system to get used to it .

Welcome to all the new people - there seems to have been a rush on this thread latley! I too am happy that i went straight to the sleeve. I intially went to have a consultation about a band but when my surgeon explained the sleeve it just seemed to be the low maintence option (although it did sound a bit drastic). Anyway, really pleased that i had the sleeve.

I have found a stange thing and wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I find liquids easier to swallow if I hold the liquid in my mouth and move it around a bit (like chewing food) before swallowing. I don't know why this would be the case but maybe it actually sends a message to my asophagus and stomach that something is coming down!! Am I sounding completely nuts???

So time for a progress report - started this journey at 102 kg, lost about 3 kg before seeing the surgeon so weighed in at 99 kg, lost about 8-9 kg on pre-op diet and I got on the scales today and I weighed in at 77.4 - I am wrapped. I also fitted into size 14 Target jeans today so that is so exciting. I can't remember when I was last a 14 - it would be about 20 years ago!

On the down side, my nails are breaking and I am dreading the 3 month hair loss that everyone talks about. I am taking my calcium citrate and silica with Biotin but I think it only helps and doesn't prevent. I will keep you all posted on how that stage goes![/quote']

wow you are doing great sueoco!! how far out are you? I feel like I have taken a step backwards, everything hurts going down & it still hurts to take deep breaths :( I am nearly 4 weeks out

hi susie' date=' what date did you get sleeved? Ive been feeling very much the same as you.... was down & depressed for about a week or so, now feeling better from that but wonder if im getting enough nutrients in. Most days Im so tired & sometimes feel like Im lightheaded & a bit dizzy. I cant drink 500ml Water in a day but do try to keep fluids up with s/f iceblocks. Just want to have all this energy everyone talks about :/[/quote']

Hi, It is hard, but you need to up your fluids a lot and if you are not already taking a multi Vitamin, now is the time to start. Inused a soluable Supraden initially but am back to my normal tablets now. Good luck

I have some questions if possible.

Firstly what Vitamins are everyone taking. I am only taking a multi Vitamin. What else should I take?

I do have a dietitian appointment tomorrow I am going to ask her.

Second question is a little gross but for the sleevers that have no fall bladder. You find your bowel movements really loose all the time? I haven't had a normal one yet and I am 8 weeks post op. (I will be asking my dietitian about that too)

Thirdly is there anyone on the site that has 60+ kgs to lose? I have about 75kgs to lose. 25kgs already gone' date=' 50kgs to go. I am just really worried about excess skin. And would love someone else to bounce off.

Thanks everyone.[/quote']

Hi, I take a Neways Orachel Mutli Vitamin. Good quality and helps I think. Re bowel habits, I too have no gall bladder, but have had the opposite effect since surgery, sorry. Talk to your dietician about it all. Congratulations on your weight loss to date.

Susie and Nessa

I think having a down period at that time is totally normal also I think your intake is pretty normal. I was told 1/3 of a cup of food and it should take 20-30 mins to eat that. My dietician said if you feel full then leave it for a while and come back to it. I too lacked a bit of energy and felt quite unwell but I figured out that I wasn't eatin often enough. My surgeon told me not to get in the habit of snacking but because you can't get much in' date=' I think you so need to eat morning and afternoon tea - at least initially until you can get more in over time. Now 9 weeks out it is slowly getting easier to eat a bit more so I think it just takes time to get used to the new way of eating and for your system to get used to it .

Welcome to all the new people - there seems to have been a rush on this thread latley! I too am happy that i went straight to the sleeve. I intially went to have a consultation about a band but when my surgeon explained the sleeve it just seemed to be the low maintence option (although it did sound a bit drastic). Anyway, really pleased that i had the sleeve.

I have found a stange thing and wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I find liquids easier to swallow if I hold the liquid in my mouth and move it around a bit (like chewing food) before swallowing. I don't know why this would be the case but maybe it actually sends a message to my asophagus and stomach that something is coming down!! Am I sounding completely nuts???

So time for a progress report - started this journey at 102 kg, lost about 3 kg before seeing the surgeon so weighed in at 99 kg, lost about 8-9 kg on pre-op diet and I got on the scales today and I weighed in at 77.4 - I am wrapped. I also fitted into size 14 Target jeans today so that is so exciting. I can't remember when I was last a 14 - it would be about 20 years ago!

On the down side, my nails are breaking and I am dreading the 3 month hair loss that everyone talks about. I am taking my calcium citrate and silica with Biotin but I think it only helps and doesn't prevent. I will keep you all posted on how that stage goes![/quote']

Wow Sue, you have had great loss in such a short space of time. That's fantastic.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!! Went to max brenner today for coffee with a friend and a catch up. I ordered a Mexican spiced hot chocolate and a chocolate dip which is just melted chocolate.

I had less than 1/4 of the hot chocolate and less than a teaspoon of the chocolate dip. I had both of them infront of me for more than an hour and didn't feel tempted to eat or drink any more. I liked what I had, stopped when I wanted to and had absoloutly no desire to have any more.

I love my sleeve.

Omg you guys had me laughing that's for sure!!

I had 60 to lose and have 35 to go so nearly half way there. I have upped my health insurance to cover reconstructive surgery but now after doing some research in the plastic surgery and success in Thailand may look there as an alternative, who knows!! But I do not want to have to cover myself up at the end of it with excess skin which I know will be on my stomach after 4 kids so will definitely do something about it.

I am on a multi Vitamin each day but should also look at something for hair and nails to help reduce the loss etc.

It is do great seeing all the new additions and being on this journey together. It is so great having everyone here for support.

Talk to you all soon :)

Thanks everyone. I am with you all too I would prefer the saggy skin over being obese.

But definately be adding reconstructive surgery to my health fund. I have also been looking into Thailand. A friend and I are keen on that option, get it all done.

I would like to show myself off after the hard yards I have gone through.

I will post tomorrow night after talking with my dietitian.

Yes the gap for the reconstructive here is approx $10,000 plus $140p/f health fund premiums but I could get a 2 week holiday and change from the $10000 and it is very good work now by a reputable doctor. I have been looking at it for a while but still will look into consult here next year and check my options. All my surgeries over the years have been trouble free so this is something I will seriously consider to pick the boobs back up and lower body lift :)

Everyone says to me about scars would make them not do it but I look at it like this, I have a huge scar from my gall bladder surgery but seem this beautiful picture of a lady with scaring around her stomach with a beautiful fine tattoo with little flowers and little butterflies camouflaging the scarring and it looked beautiful. I think I will go for something like this also incorporating a samoan design for my samoan hubby into the tattoo as I do have terrible skin for scarring but I have seen some pics with excess skin and I personally don't want to be stuck with it and choose to remove it when it is safe to do so.

Hi all,

Just a me progress report, got my Super release papers today ( it has been incredibly quick ) Im officially approved YIPPPEEEEEE, But....dont u hate buts.......the amount says "net of tax and charges"does that mean I will have to pay tax on top of this???? I isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, I dont want to have a tax bill at the end of it. If its all good then Im putting this little baby into my super fund then 5 working days and im ready for surgery......Its getting really close, so excited LETS DO THIS!!!! Anyhoo if i dont hear any different im gunna ring Early release tomoz and ask for sure. Thanks all

Scotty

ps- Lila hope ur all good

Scotty

21.5% tax is withheld from your released funds then at end of financial year you will include this amount in your tax return. Your super company will send you the necessary taxation advice.

Your super will only release your nett amount after tax.

Hi all, it's been another rough few days. Recent surgery wasn't successful and they couldn't do the nasal feeding tube. I also have pneumonia. It's been a very rough 48 hours. On the upside the leak is healing. If I can just avoid any problems with the picc line and get a few days to recover I am hoping that they will have better luck trying the nasal tube next week. And that by then the pneumonia will be better under control. It still looks like I will be in here for two or three more weeks. It's now 17 days since I have eaten or drunk anything but occasional bits of ice. Not hungry but get fixated on having a drink.

I am hoping that I will have better news to report soon. I've not been up to regular posts but promise to post when I can. Thanks all for your thoughts. It's great to hear from you! Cheers Lila

So sorry Lila. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I just hope they sort it all out soon and you can heal and recover and finally move on with your life. This is dreadful,17 days without food or a drink

I'm glad to hear the leak is healing so stay as positive as you can be and get better soon ok xxx